N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 18' X2 F39 xdrive
Default Gauges stopped working. App Build 2.5.5(9799) FW/58/17//5 - 09-14-2021, 04:53 PM

Installed JB4+ on X2 F39 today.. everything worked perfectly. Went inside for a few hours and noticed the gauges on the app aren't showing any values ... only boost and map 1

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

please advise?
(#2)
Old

Default 09-14-2021, 06:30 PM

I also ran data logging from the mobile app (which worked) if anyones interested in as to why this interface would go blank on its own without any intervention from me.
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 09-15-2021, 09:52 AM

That's typically due to the OBDII plug not being seated correctly.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#4)
Old

Default 09-15-2021, 12:21 PM

That was my first assumption as well from reading the FAQ , the ODB2 lead and the JB4 lead is a locking fit with a clip? If so I believe its on correctly, but I will double check and check the pin outs...

Thank you for your reply,

Kris
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-16-2021, 06:24 PM

That and make sure that the connection at the OBDII port is still seated properly. Then verify there is no damage to the OBDII cable.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#6)
Old

Default 09-17-2021, 11:06 AM

I have a new one arriving today. It doesn't look crimped or pinched in any spots? maybe when its inserted into the obd2 port and I angled the cable upwards (under the dash) and zip tied the slack it made a pinch somewhere...

Regardless ill install the replacement and report back
(#7)
Old

Car: Veloster N
Default 10-01-2021, 12:44 AM

I'm suffering from the same problem. Damn..
I hope the OBD cable could fix it.
Good luck, mate.
(#8)
Old

Default 10-01-2021, 07:05 PM

Did yours work initially then stop working?
(#9)
Old

Car: 21 Mazda 3 Hatch Turbo PP
Default 10-15-2021, 04:45 AM

I have the same issue. So far the new cable seems to work but like you, it was working then stopped out of the blue. No crimps or damage.
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-19-2021, 02:38 PM

If only boost and map show, but nothing else, it's a CANbus/OBDII based issue. If you can't sort it just email our support@burgertuning.com and we'll try to help you figure it out.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11)
Old

Car: 2016 Ford Explorer Sport EB
Default 10-29-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If only boost and map show, but nothing else, it's a CANbus/OBDII based issue. If you can't sort it just email our support@burgertuning.com and we'll try to help you figure it out.
HEY GUYS,
new to the forum and new to the JB4, i am having similar issues. all my gauges show when connected they just don't move or log anything. seems like my only issue is when i go to pair the care to the mobile app.. on map 0, my car runs fine but when i connect to the mobile app all my dash warning lights flicker on and off every few seconds like the car auxiliary power would shut off and then kick on. tried updating multiple times and have redone installation but no remedy yet. i did email and have tried calling to see if someone could help but still waiting to hear back to help resolve.

lucas from dmac did respond a few hours after i reached out the first time, he thinks is canbus related and said someone would reach out to help but i havent seen anything.

PLEASE HELP.
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2021, 11:15 AM

Sounds like it may be an issue with the Canbus (OBDII) connection. Our support@burgertuning.com team can assist you with that...it could be a bad cable.