N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335is
Default 500hp package - 08-19-2020, 04:53 PM

Hey everyone,

I've pieced together the Burger Tuning package over the course of this sunny season. I just received the last few parts to complete the "500 hp package". These parts are the fuel it stage 1 LPFP upgrade, and the 2 step colder plugs.

I'm wondering if, once I install these, I need to do anything specific in the mobile app, or with my flash, or if it will magically run better faster and stronger?

Currently running:

2011 335is DCT

JB4 tuner, up to date firmware, JB4 BEF -> MHD BEF PUMP
Burger Tuning Inlets
Burger Tuning catch can (fresh walnut blast as well)
VRSF Charge pipe & Tial BOV
VRSF 5" stepped FMIC
New OEM level ignition coils (less than 5,000km)

I have not changed down p i p e s yet, as far as I understand the 335is has high flow cats already installed compared to the 335i. If any clarity can be provided that would assist my build, that would be great.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by masterstone07; 08-19-2020 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: Typo
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-19-2020, 05:28 PM

It sounds like you have the bases covered, running E85 mixture I presume? First step will always be to post up some JB4 logs so we can evaluate it!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335is
Default 08-19-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It sounds like you have the bases covered, running E85 mixture I presume? First step will always be to post up some JB4 logs so we can evaluate it!
I hadnít really planned to. Up north here I can 94 octane at chevron and plan to just run that exclusively.

I also havenít done a ton of research into e85, I donít want to stress the car out too much, not sure if it will, it still has relatively low KM and I want to keep it for a while.
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 08-21-2020, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterstone07
I hadnít really planned to. Up north here I can 94 octane at chevron and plan to just run that exclusively.

I also havenít done a ton of research into e85, I donít want to stress the car out too much, not sure if it will, it still has relatively low KM and I want to keep it for a while.
Plenty of guys have been using e85 mixes for probably close to 11+ years.

Iíd consider it, or look into something like methanol

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.