N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW E90 335i
Default Need help reviewing a long on my new turbos - 03-12-2020, 12:52 PM

My car (2008 335i) keeps cutting while I'm WOT and then I'm getting thrown into map 4. I'm currently running JB4 hybrid turbos pump BEF on map 2. Car was boosting and running perfect for about 2 weeks then the cutting issue started to happen. Almost feels like I'm letting off the throttle then getting back on it with less boost and then the car starts stuttering. Also in the log it shows my throttle at 100(WOT) and then it drops off to around 30 while I'm still WOT on the pedal. Any help is appreciated thanks!

Mod list:dynamic autowerx stage 2 twins, castles Dp, vrsf outlets inlets and charge pipe with hks, vanguard v2 full exhaust, vargas pcv, precision Raceworks Ls racing coils, jb4 tune with back end flash, ARM 13" FMIC, 3.5 bar
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-03-11 23_12_43_Map-2.csv (15.5 KB, 69 views)
File Type: csv cutting.csv (9.1 KB, 66 views)
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 03-12-2020, 04:55 PM

Looks like you are way over target / overboosting.

Any logs of when the car was running normal?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 03-12-2020, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Looks like you are way over target / overboosting.

Any logs of when the car was running normal?
Heres 2 WOT logs and one of just regular driving from when it was running good
Attached Files
File Type: csv 13.csv (7.1 KB, 62 views)
File Type: csv 12.csv (5.3 KB, 54 views)
File Type: csv 2020-01-22 19_21_22_Map-2.csv (300.8 KB, 47 views)
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-13-2020, 07:49 AM

Manually lower your FF to 60, make sure your FF gain is disabled in FUD.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 03-13-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Manually lower your FF to 60, make sure your FF gain is disabled in FUD.
Thanks for the help! I'll test it out and throw up a log of how it runs
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-13-2020, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajneil Sharma
Thanks for the help! I'll test it out and throw up a log of how it runs

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Default 03-20-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
I got around to logging my car with my ff at 60 with the ff gain was disabled car still is hitting way over target and is doing the same cutting issue and throwing me into map 4 heres the logs
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-03-17 14_45_26_Map-2.csv (10.5 KB, 53 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-17 15_28_54_Map-2.csv (13.9 KB, 55 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-17 15_31_07_Map-2.csv (23.9 KB, 47 views)
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-20-2020, 03:04 PM

Odd that the car was behaving normal & then randomly boost issues.

We could try this- lower your duty bias to 50 from 3.5k to redline

- boost solenoids how old?

- menu 12- what’s that set to?

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 03-20-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Odd that the car was behaving normal & then randomly boost issues.

We could try this- lower your duty bias to 50 from 3.5k to redline

- boost solenoids how old?

- menu 12- whatís that set to?
My map 12 is set to 2000rpms/2 . I swapped my motor to one with lower kms not sure if that could be an issue? I used the same boost solenoids that came with the swap motor which are at 110xxxkms. I have spare ones should I try them out? I'll change my duty bias and try that out tonight and I'll post some more logs.
Is it okay for me to do wot logs while it's not running right ?
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-20-2020, 08:50 PM

Swap the boost solenoids, yes.

Which flash are you running? We have a hybrid flash, but if your running just pump gas- you should be using our stock turbo pump flash.

Lower your boost safety to around 21-22

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 03-21-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:

Which flash are you running? We have a hybrid flash, but if your running just pump gas- you should be using our stock turbo pump flash.

Sounds good I'll swap the solenoids today, I'm running the PUMP bef but when I'm running e85 i flash to the hybrid e85. I would only just run e85 but the nearest pump is 35min away from where I live lol
(#12)
Old

Default 04-01-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:

Finally got some logs, I changed the boost solenoids and the boost is no longer surging which is great but the car is still overboosting. The first few runs it was hitting target and then it started to throw me into map 4 again. First log is when it was running fine and the second is the one where it threw me into map 4. I tried to reflash the car and double check all my values and everything checks out. Also the map 4 run is runing a e50 mixture flashed on the e85 hybrid map
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200322_1525_runs(4).csv (75.2 KB, 58 views)
File Type: csv map 4.csv (14.1 KB, 45 views)
(#13)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-03-2020, 06:07 AM

I wonder if something is up with your wastegates..

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Default 04-08-2020, 03:27 PM

Quote:
I wonder if something is up with your wastegates..
Anyway I can check them without dropping the subframe/removing the turbos?
(#15)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-08-2020, 05:20 PM

Ehh, I personally always drop the subframe at least partially

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 04-15-2020, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Ehh, I personally always drop the subframe at least partially
Could this possibly be an issue with my menu 10 and 12? My menu 12 is currently at 2800rpms and menu 10 is at 3000rpms.
(#17)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-16-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajneil Sharma
Could this possibly be an issue with my menu 10 and 12? My menu 12 is currently at 2800rpms and menu 10 is at 3000rpms.
You can play with your menu settings if you like. But those donít stop boost from reaching target, like you are

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Default 04-20-2020, 12:01 AM

Quote:
You can play with your menu settings if you like. But those donít stop boost from reaching target, like you are
Could this be an issue with my jb4 itself, my brother was flashing the pump bef on my car and he forgot to turn the jb4 on map 0 before starting the flash and this was right around the time everything started acting up, he said all the user adjustment settings where changed but he put them back to what they where set to. I checked my wastgate rods to make sure they weren't stuck in the closed position and I was able to move the rods. Also the target boost is always 0-4psi, could this be my Tmap sensor. Sorry for asking so many questions but I've been chasing this issue for a month and a half
(#19)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-20-2020, 04:52 PM

No worries or need to apologize.

Try reflash if the BEF just to be safe

Burger Motorsports