N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default Fuel Wires...hook up without Posi-Taps - 06-04-2019, 12:20 PM

See the end of this post...trying to get a group buy going !!

This question is more for Terry.

Is it possible for you guys to provide a male/female adapter where the fuel wire can connect to (permanently or otherwise) ?

That way...we bypass the Posi-Taps which everyone hates.

So you are not creating a loop like the other 2 connectors (more expensive)...but rather just an inline plug that has the fuel wire attached to it.

Hope that makes sense.

I would be more than happy to pay like $10 per plug...times 2 obviously. Existing fuel wire would have to "tap" into it somehow.

Now THAT would make this entire JB4 setup brilliant. You have to admit these Posi-Taps are an afterthought...and it is time to turn it into something as sexy as the rest of the JB4.

Let us know !

Thank you.

Group Buy Info...

Thank you to TeamTonka for getting this all going.

I spoke with Ryan over at FindPigtails.com

Below is a photo of exactly what we need...where the orange wire connects to the Fuel Wire coming out of the JB4. So you need 2 of them.

As it stands...for 2 of them...it is $90 including shipping.

Reply to this thread. If you are interested...add your user name. Copy the LAST post if someone is interested so every new post has a running tally and it makes it easy to see the count.
Just look starting on page 3...you'll see how it's being tallied.

UPDATE on June 26...

Terry has just notified us that they came up with a 3" extension. They will designate the wire to connect to with red wire. You simply Posi-Tap the JB4 Fuel Wire to it.

$60 for the pair. Cannot beat that.

So this group buy is no more. I will notify those guys.

Thank you so much Terry for getting this for us. Cheers.

UPDATE on June 19...

Ryan messed up the pricing. The original photo contains all those extra connectors off of the orange wire...which we really do not need. The cost is $150 USD including shipping. Way too much IMO.

So...I asked him how much with just the orange wire sticking out. That way you just connect the orange wire to the black fuel wire (however you want). I posted a 2nd picture on what it would be.

New price is $100 for the pair. So $10 more than we originally thought...but less connectors...which I prefer anyway.
So depending on number of folks...that price will go down. We have 4 people including myself right now. Lets give it another week.

Cheers...B.
Attached Images

2019 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Sport

Last edited by Beefer; 06-26-2019 at 06:06 AM..
(#2)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER GT2
Default 06-04-2019, 02:47 PM

You could always change to T-Tap wire splice connectors...
(#3)
Old

Default 06-04-2019, 02:53 PM

Still not a clean solution...essentially the same as Posi-Taps.

Want a quick turnkey and clean solution.

(#4)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 06-04-2019, 03:40 PM

Agree, would be nice. Then it would literally be plug-n-play.

I think the Lap3 pro uses connectors rather than posi taps.

JB4 - HKS M40iL - AEM Intake - BMS TiAL BOV - VT Snorkels - Snow WMI - NGT Primaries - JUN BL Mid-pipe w/200cell HFCs & EVC c@t-back - Radium OCC x2
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2019, 04:36 PM

Lap3 pro includes posi-taps.

We could make harnesses but would come at an extra cost. Not sure it's worth it given how the tap is done on the o2 sensor side under the sleeve. You could just replace the o2 sensor itself if you really wanted to.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 06-04-2019, 05:06 PM

How much you think?

(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2019, 06:06 PM

Don't know, we'd have to look in to it. Probably $80.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 06-05-2019, 05:20 AM

Please look into it for us. Personally...I would probably pay that. Hopefully it can be more like $20-25 per connector, etc.

Reason I would pay more is...
- removing and reinstalling any type of Posi-Tap, etc will compromise the red wire over time...no way around it
- I have big fingers...and I lost the connectors already. I found them under the car...but still...it's a royal PITA
- Speed and simplicity...to be able to just disconnect like the other is worth it
- You know it is connected. It snaps like a regular plug. If you are not careful...you might not get the tapping way the first time, etc.

Anyhoo...just let us know.

Thank you sir.

(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-05-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefer
Please look into it for us. Personally...I would probably pay that. Hopefully it can be more like $20-25 per connector, etc.

- removing and reinstalling any type of Posi-Tap, etc will compromise the red wire over time...no way around it
- I have big fingers...and I lost the connectors already. I found them under the car...but still...it's a royal PITA
- Speed and simplicity...to be able to just disconnect like the other is worth it
- You know it is connected. It snaps like a regular plug. If you are not careful...you might not get the tapping way the first time, etc.

Anyhoo...just let us know.

Thank you sir.
I'll look into it, but it will be at least $70+shipping for that connector add on.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 06-05-2019, 08:37 AM

^ for each? Or for the pair (1 for the short wire and 1 for the long wire)?

(#11)
Old

Default 06-05-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:

Then don't remove them!
(#12)
Old

Default 06-05-2019, 09:29 AM

^ have to...don’t want to leave anything going to the dealer. Not worth the risk.

(#13)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 06-05-2019, 09:29 AM

I haven't dug into this too far, but I had the same thoughts.

I think the O2 sensors run at a 0-1V logic level. You'd need to add 2 connectors to splice in the single wire which could add enough resistance to mess with the signal. So this might not be the best solution.

I've always maintained that the "vampire marks" left by the posi-taps are really the only signs that a car had a JB4 hooked up to it. I haven't tried to replace the lambda sensors, but it doesn't look like it would be much trouble. So the best bet might be to modify the lambda sensors to have an extra wire instead, and simply swap them out when you're removing the JB4. Just one more step.
(#14)
Old

Default 06-05-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
^ have to...don’t want to leave anything going to the dealer. Not worth the risk.
Sorry to hear your fear. Mine has been to the dealer for work more than once and no issues...

Why even bother with mods in the first place? Nevermind... save it for another thread.
(#15)
Old

Default 06-05-2019, 09:57 AM

^ mods are for me to enjoy...not for the dealer to know about.

You took a big chance...could have been a nightmare for you. I’d rather not take that chance and pretty sure most won’t either.

Also...the beauty of the JB4 is in/out quickly...right?

(#16)
Old

Car: G70
Default 06-05-2019, 12:42 PM

Great question on the below, and how would one know? I'd assume a person could splice into the "red" wire in the main OEM wire harness and the fuel wires would work the same?

This is on Ebay now. Would have to take off the sheave over the wires and tap/splice into the "red" wire. But, it would allow for easy removal and a plug/play solution...
12 LSU4.9 WBO2 Bosch Wideband O2 Sensor Extension Harness Cable LSU 4.9 AEM AFR | eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sym
I haven't dug into this too far, but I had the same thoughts.

I think the O2 sensors run at a 0-1V logic level. You'd need to add 2 connectors to splice in the single wire which could add enough resistance to mess with the signal. So this might not be the best solution.

I've always maintained that the "vampire marks" left by the posi-taps are really the only signs that a car had a JB4 hooked up to it. I haven't tried to replace the lambda sensors, but it doesn't look like it would be much trouble. So the best bet might be to modify the lambda sensors to have an extra wire instead, and simply swap them out when you're removing the JB4. Just one more step.
(#17)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 06-05-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
^ for each? Or for the pair (1 for the short wire and 1 for the long wire)?
For the pair. Both O2 sensors.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Default 06-05-2019, 03:38 PM

^ I’d probably do it...see if the price could come down.

Group buy ?

(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Tonka
This is on Ebay now. Would have to take off the sheave over the wires and tap/splice into the "red" wire. But, it would allow for easy removal and a plug/play solution...
12 LSU4.9 WBO2 Bosch Wideband O2 Sensor Extension Harness Cable LSU 4.9 AEM AFR | eBay
Yes that should work. I'll order one to check it out.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 06-06-2019, 09:57 AM

I'd be interested in such a plug if it becomes available!
(#21)
Old

Default 06-06-2019, 12:10 PM

Is it the same one for the 2L?
(#22)
Old

Car: Genesis G80 Sport
Default 06-06-2019, 01:11 PM

I'm interested as well. I could even trade in my "old unit" for the new one with fuel wires attached and the new stuff, when is available.
(#23)
Old

Car: N55 335i
Default 06-06-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes that should work. I'll order one to check it out.
Don't waste your money. I thought about this too. Unfortunately the connectors don't fit the o2 sensors. I had mine delivered a few days ago as I was looking into aa truly plug and play solution for wiring as well. I also lost one of the posi-taps due to fat fingers. I believe it will fit some of the widebands in the VWs but not ours. Our plugs, while 6 pin, seem to be a bit smaller than these.
Attached Images

(#24)
Old

Default 06-06-2019, 03:45 PM

So those are the ones off eBay in my link?

I'm working with FindPigtails.com to make a custom "kit" using the connectors in the photos. Picture attached of what they plan to make, should have them next week to confirm it works. After that, anyone could order up a kit for simple plug and play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko04
Don't waste your money. I thought about this too. Unfortunately the connectors don't fit the o2 sensors. I had mine delivered a few days ago as I was looking into aa truly plug and play solution for wiring as well. I also lost one of the posi-taps due to fat fingers. I believe it will fit some of the widebands in the VWs but not ours. Our plugs, while 6 pin, seem to be a bit smaller than these.
Attached Images

Last edited by Team Tonka; 06-07-2019 at 09:50 AM..
(#25)
Old

Car: N55 335i
Default 06-10-2019, 08:29 AM

The 3.3T Stinger o2 sensors use LSU 4.9 connectors. I verified this morning.

You can buy an LSU 4.9 extension harness online for about $30-40/each, remember you need two, or you can buy the connector kit for about $20 and build your own harness.