N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2020, 09:51 PM

Finally got some QV production harnesses in! Will get the system up on our site later this week.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: E90
Default 02-13-2020, 10:23 AM

Checking in to see if you have any updates on firmware, user feedback, and/or any new numbers...

You wanna street car or you wanna race car?
Alfa Romeo QV, Ferrari 488GTB: Street Car
DC2: Race Car
(#28)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia QV
Default 02-15-2020, 02:50 PM

Just got mine installed! Waiting on getting my used connect kit unlocked so I can use the map and verify it's working before I take it out. Excited to feel the difference!

Is there only the original firmware for the QV released or is there a more current stable version?
(#29)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-15-2020, 03:19 PM

Latest v2 firmware is in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia QV & BMW 335i N54 Coupe
Default 03-31-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Was able to hit the dyno today for a little baseline testing. Car is all stock with around 1000 miles on it, running on 91 octane with a few gallons of E85 added in for good measure.

Did all runs in 5th gear and wasn't able to find a good way to avoid the downshift without just flooring it slowly preventing valid readings below around 3500rpm. Kickdown hasn't been an issue on the road so maybe just a dyno headache. Despite that got some great baseline runs and was able to play around a little with the early JB4 tuning.

Also not 100% if the boost calibration in the JB4 logging software is accurate yet. Working on confirming that. It's in the ballpark though.

Best stock run was 456whp and 448wtq at around 22psi peak and the best tuned run was 501whp and 506wtq at around 25psi peak. In areas of the curve gains were 60whp+ so overall quite a big power jump for the modest boost increase. Which is good news for tuning!

Next step will be to take over wastegate control with the JB4 so we can push boost a little higher and see what this 2.9L can really do.
@Terry... what mode did you do the dyno runs on? Iím pretty sure it was manual but did you run it in N, D, or Race?
(#31)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
Default 07-28-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Map is a custom map boost profile you input under the user adjustments tab.

We suggest using our preloaded maps.
How can I get a copy of Map 2? I am looking to create a custom map 6 based on map 2. Currenty the map 6 set points look like they are map 3 based on the 5 psi set points I am seeing in the user adjustment tables.

The lower RPM ranges seem like the are tapered maybe for traction purposes? I would like to change that. I donít mind the backend wiggling a little on throttle
(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2020, 02:43 PM

Look at your map2 log and refer to target in the log.

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old

Car: Giulia Sport TI
Default JB4 for Giulia 2.0 and 2.9 - 07-28-2020, 07:51 PM

Hi,

I recently bought a Quadrifoglio but I have my JB4 from my Giulia 2.0 that is only a couple of months old. Can that we updated to work with the Quadrifoglio? Or do I need to buy an entirely new JB4?

Thanks!
(#34)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoCerda
Hi,

I recently bought a Quadrifoglio but I have my JB4 from my Giulia 2.0 that is only a couple of months old. Can that we updated to work with the Quadrifoglio? Or do I need to buy an entirely new JB4?

Thanks!
Nice upgrade! Unfortunately the system is different. But email me we can give you a small discount on the new unit to help ease the pain. terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#35)
Old

Car: b9 s4
Default 08-07-2020, 06:34 AM

Looking to grt a stelvio quad as a family car. Whats map 2 pushing 0-60 , and the Quarter mile?
(#36)
Old

Car: Civic Type R
Default 08-27-2020, 05:58 AM

Good morning everyone, I just picked up my 17, I was wondering I’m going to order this ASAP. My question is I have my Jb4 from my Type r still. Will the Bluetooth adapter work from that with this?
(#37)
Old

Default 08-28-2020, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Nice upgrade! Unfortunately the system is different. But email me we can give you a small discount on the new unit to help ease the pain. terry@burgertuning.com
For my previous question
(#38)
Old

Default Trying to buy this - 09-01-2020, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Iím trying to pick this up. I have my type r jb4 with the Bluetooth adapter. Will that one work or do I need a new one. Iím in the same position as the person above. I have my other cars jb4 and no use for it lol
(#39)
Old

Car: bmw m4
Default 11-08-2020, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Look at your map2 log and refer to target in the log.
Hi Terry

I am Carlos from Spain , I am currently on this Giulia QV platform

I just realized when installing the ********* that the erasure of codes is only possible with the vehicle turned off, would it not be possible for it to work as in the bmw platforms?

I also just designed a flash for my vehicle, did I open the option to match it with the jb4? I can pass the file to you if necessary

Thanks
(#40)
Old

Car: Alfa QV
Default 11-10-2020, 02:37 PM

Terry,
Any plans for an exhaust valve control similar to what the Squadra dongle can do? I would prefer to just save the money and get the JB4 only. This is probably the only lingering question holding me back. Thanks.