N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: RS3
Default 12-15-2018, 08:31 PM

RS3 uses the same JB4 as B9 S4 and that is what you can purchase at the moment.

You need to update the JB4 with RS3 hex that is 1st post. You will only be using the TMAP and MAP connections on the harness for now.

More features will be added soon and a proper harness will be released in the near future.
I just got my JB4. I'm anxious and want to play.

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX
(#27)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 12-19-2018, 11:39 PM

@Terry

Maybe I have missed it somewhere in here but what happened to prefacelift 2016 Audi RS3 JB4? I have used JB4 on all my previous cars and like the way they work. Are you guys bringing one out? In the market for a chip now for my vehicle.

Thanks
(#28)
Old

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 12-20-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie darko
@Terry

Maybe I have missed it somewhere in here but what happened to prefacelift 2016 Audi RS3 JB4? I have used JB4 on all my previous cars and like the way they work. Are you guys bringing one out? In the market for a chip now for my vehicle.

Thanks
It doesnt look like we going to do a RS3 for the 370hp version.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
(#29)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-13-2019, 05:51 PM

Our development TTRS finally arrived! Wasted no time throwing on the JB4 BETA to data log some stock runs (JB4 map), install was super easy. Photos below.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-13-2019, 05:58 PM

Did a baseline run today too on the way home. On the orignal tank of 93 octane the car came with. Damn it moves!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#31)
Old

Default 01-13-2019, 07:08 PM

I've been running the beta since December on my RS3. I've been communicating with George and sending him logs. I get an occasional random throttle close when WOT. Not sure what is causing it but seems like I only get it in the early morning when it's cold.

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX
(#32)
Old
Legend

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 01-13-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Did a baseline run today too on the way home. On the orignal tank of 93 octane the car came with. Damn it moves!
Is that with stock tuning or with the JB4 adding boost? Either way, you have some catch up work to do with me

Currently 100% stock with APR's Stage 1 E85 flash.
Attached Images

2018 Audi RS3 | Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#33)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-14-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
Is that with stock tuning or with the JB4 adding boost? Either way, you have some catch up work to do with me

Currently 100% stock with APR's Stage 1 E85 flash.
All stock baseline! See attached JB4 log from run.

We have a couple objectives with the platform. First to provide a robust tuning system for those who don't want to void the warranty by flashing. Second, to provide those who have taken the plunge to flash tons of extra features and options to make their tuning easier to use, safer, and more intuitive.

Burger Motorsports

(#34)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-14-2019, 10:20 AM

Looking really good Terry! I can't wait till we get some actual mods going on this beast!

Burger Motorsports

(#35)
Old
Legend

Default 01-14-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:
All stock baseline! See attached JB4 log from run.

We have a couple objectives with the platform. First to provide a robust tuning system for those who don't want to void the warranty by flashing. Second, to provide those who have taken the plunge to flash tons of extra features and options to make their tuning easier to use, safer, and more intuitive.
Yeah, these cars rip in stock form. E85 allows well over 20 degrees of timing at 22 PSI. Looking forward to stacking with the JB4 on lower ethanol mixes and less timing.

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

(#36)
Old
Legend

Default 01-14-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegxsi
I've been running the beta since December on my RS3. I've been communicating with George and sending him logs. I get an occasional random throttle close when WOT. Not sure what is causing it but seems like I only get it in the early morning when it's cold.
How cold is "cold"?

How long do you wait to warm up the engine and what oil temp do you wait until?

(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-14-2019, 05:37 PM

Let's see some of your logs so I can see what boost, timing, and AFR targets the flash tuners are running on straight E85.

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Default 01-14-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
How cold is "cold"?

How long do you wait to warm up the engine and what oil temp do you wait until?
Car is fully warmed up... I drive for 25 highway miles then I do a few logs around where I work. It's not that cold around here in Northern California...lately high 40s to low 50s in the early morning. I can't reproduce the problem in the afternoon. I need to test some more when I get a chance.

Stage1 E85 tunes you'll get anywhere between 20-26psi but varies depending on load. A bit more on stage2 setups. E60 is the minimum requirement.

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX
(#39)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 01-14-2019, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Let's see some of your logs so I can see what boost, timing, and AFR targets the flash tuners are running on straight E85.
From what I’ve seen on mine a “stage 1” e70 map runs 21* of timing 25psi peak boost. A stage 2 map will do 24* timing peak and 27-28psi peak boost. On hybrid and upgrade turbos they really don’t back down either. The scary part is I’m still runnin 26-27 psi on straight 91 pump and Jesse’s PS2 turbo. 11* peak timing. Not my style at all but doing some pump gas testing per tuner request. these things are animals even on pump gas, I wouldn’t be 1 bit surprised to see a safe 530-540whp on 91 pump. The redline on this pump map is 7600rpms also with Absolutely zero timing pull it’s quite impressive. Will hopefully get back to full e85 soon and see if we can do 675-700whp.

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-15-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy123
From what I’ve seen on mine a “stage 1” e70 map runs 21* of timing 25psi peak boost. A stage 2 map will do 24* timing peak and 27-28psi peak boost. On hybrid and upgrade turbos they really don’t back down either. The scary part is I’m still runnin 26-27 psi on straight 91 pump and Jesse’s PS2 turbo. 11* peak timing. Not my style at all but doing some pump gas testing per tuner request. these things are animals even on pump gas, I wouldn’t be 1 bit surprised to see a safe 530-540whp on 91 pump. The redline on this pump map is 7600rpms also with Absolutely zero timing pull it’s quite impressive. Will hopefully get back to full e85 soon and see if we can do 675-700whp.
Get a JB4 on there in logging only mode so you can watch the tuning carefully. I've heard of more holed RS3 blocks than I'd like to have. And at the same time you can help use develop JB4 safety systems flash tuned customers will find useful.

It has the knock logging cyl 1-5...

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2019, 11:33 AM

Hello JB4 direct boost control.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old

Car: 2010 335i
Default 01-16-2019, 11:51 AM

Hell yea Terry. Hoping mine gets delivered in May... delays suck. Glad to see progress picking up and know now that you have one in your hands it will have great results.

335i LMB E92 6MT MSport Logic7
(#43)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-16-2019, 01:07 PM

Awesome! Now if it would only stop raining so you can actually have some fun

Burger Motorsports

(#44)
Old

Car: Audi RS3
Default 01-16-2019, 02:14 PM

Great to see you’re not wasting any time. I have my finger poised on the order button eagerly awaiting the full featured JB4 module.
(#45)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-19-2019, 09:46 AM

Quick run from this AM testing out the new JB4 tuning, boost +5psi over stock across the board, full tank of 30% E85.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old
Legend

Default 01-19-2019, 03:57 PM

Lookin good! How does FPH and FPL look on this platform with E30?

(#47)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-19-2019, 05:51 PM

Couldn't tell you, don't have logging working for either yet. Working on that though. From what I hear it's not an issue until you try to run 100% E85 on the stock turbo. So, might be an issue for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old
Legend

Default 01-19-2019, 09:32 PM

I'd be curious to see those parameters on my APR Stage 1 E85 and how conservative/aggressive it is at its 22 PSI target.

(#49)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-19-2019, 09:45 PM

Me too! Plug in your JB4 and let's see a map0 log! For logging only you just need TMAP and OBDII.

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2019, 10:44 PM

Was able to revise the logging channels to get high fuel pressure (via CANbus) and road speed included in logs. Did a couple runs at +6psi over stock on E30 and was quite pleased with the results considering the car is 100% stock with a half tank of gas.

Noticed high fuel pressure is starting to drop at the shifts here, not enough to be a concern, but something to keep an eye on. Still working on low fuel pressure logging.

Also, added new v3 firmware to the first post for our BETA customers.

Name:  Screenshot_20190120-210738.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  49.1 KB
Name:  Screenshot_20190120-210751.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  46.3 KB
Name:  012019_0923.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  58.6 KB

Burger Motorsports