N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default Logs After Updates - 06-10-2017, 05:22 PM

Updated my firmware for the first time in a while, and also updated my flash using the most recent BB/MHD merged map (via BB).

Feels pretty good. My main concern is my FF stays around 149/150. I thought it was just because I mainly DD and don't use WOT often, but after some adaptation it still seems to hang out there. Spool seems a bit long but I make and hold target and duty cycle seems reasonable. Not turbo issues besides major rattle.

Also seemed like throttle is more sensitive to change especially at low RPM. I lowered menu 11 quite a bit as also tried menu 10 and 12, but it seemed to have zero effect on throttle feel. I am definitely in 4/2 mode. Maybe I just need to get used to it after so long without an update.

Sorry some of the runs are short, best I could do with traffic today. The large file is a full log with mixed driving plus full throttle, the others are fairly short. Had to zip the large one due to attachment restriction.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 170610_1939_short_wot.csv (19.6 KB, 43 views)
File Type: csv 170610_1943_vshort_2-3.csv (12.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: zip 170610_1033_full_mixed+wot.zip (70.1 KB, 30 views)
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-10-2017, 05:27 PM

You could set duty bias all to 60 to rescale FF down. But, if you have other symptoms, maybe a physical issue...

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Default 06-10-2017, 06:07 PM

Hmm I hadn't considered trying that. Should I manually move FF down 10 as well? If it learns back up I suppose there could be an issue.
(#4)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Default 06-11-2017, 07:41 AM

Tried raising duty bias to 60 like you suggested (it was 0, which should be the same as 50). I also manually lowered FF to 135. Seemed to actually learn down after a few runs, to about 126 by the end. Seemed to overboost in the mid range though. Maybe I'll try a lower value like 55. I shouldn't have to set a curve using bias given that I don't have a lot of mods and have stock turbos? Seemed like the minimum FF was too high as it went from spool to boost control. Is this linked to menu 12 or some other setting besides bias/FF?

Feel better there probably isn't a hardware problem since it learned down. Maybe just old age for the turbos.

Attached some updated logs. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 170611_0947.csv (10.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: csv 170611_0955.csv (11.6 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Vorsprung_CJB; 06-11-2017 at 07:58 AM..
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 06-11-2017, 09:44 PM

Raise and scale your duty biases up top a bit more and lower your FF to 100. This will help get rid of the over boost at tip in.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#6)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Default 06-12-2017, 09:15 AM

Thanks Steve. I didn't have that issue when duty bias was zeroed out though. If I raised it evenly why would I now have this issue? Is it just exaggerating a slight issue to a more noticeable one? I would rather not have to maintain a custom duty bias curve. I may just return them to 50 and see how it adapts, then revisit.