N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 Silver Sport
Question new to me - 2017 Carvana Q60 Silver Sport RWD - Previous owner had JB4 and mods?!?! - 03-03-2021, 07:05 PM

The adventure begins...

Bought a 2017 Q60 Silver sport (Finally found one with no DAS!) from Carvana with 60K miles. Planned mods include: Jb4, Heat exchanger, catt-back, Lower down Ps, Transmission cooler, wheels, and tires.

First thing I checked was the brake booster cover. unpinned in that telltale JB4 manner.

Under the hood there is definite re-taping of some wiring harnesses. Probably not from a master tuner.

Under the car (what I can see with no jack stands) there is a catt-back 3" exhaust (unknown make) and evidence that it may have had Lower down Ps, but were swapped back to stock prior to sale to Carvana.

in the next 2 days, I will go to the local Infiniti performance mechanic (non-dealer) to identify what mods are still on the car and order a full battery of tests to determine the car's status. Hopefully gain some insight into what mods were done in the past.

Here's my question to the forum:
What are your thoughts on keeping a higher mileage (60K) 2017 Q60 Silver Sport with decent maintenance records and no wrecks, but with unknown mods/tunes in the past performed by an unknown modder?

Car seems to run and drive very smoothly. Fast, but I was expecting a bit faster on a stock Q60 Silver Sport in sport mode...

I have 7 days to return the car for a full refund.

There are few used Silver Sports without DAS available.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 Silver Sport
Default Yesterday, 12:59 PM

Had a trusted mechanic review the car - he found the mechanicals to be solid. Mods were DIY, but well done.

Found evidence of an undisclosed wreck with substandard repairs on the bumper, right front quarter panel and hood.

Sent the Car back to Carvana.

They are replacing with another 2017 Q60 Silver Sport AWD - with meticulous dealer maintenance records.