N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Shift Sector 2/25/17 Results Thread! - 02-25-2017, 09:17 PM

Hey guys,

Back from another fun event! Weather was great for racing and it wasn't too crowded, which made for a fun day with lots of runs. Traction on the other hand, not so great. But we all managed to make the best of it.

Jon raced our 2015 M5 with JB4, BMS WMI, BMS intake, Dodson clutch packs (rest stock including tires) and ran a best of 163.2mph. That car never fails to impress me.

Jason raced our 2015 M3 with JB4, PURE S2 Turbos, BMS WMI, BMS intake, Dodson clutch packs, etc, and managed a best of 163.9mph. At least as of 4pm when I headed out. Fastest trap of the day for our group.

Ando brought the new 2016 550 N63tu development car with JB4, prototype intake, E30, and ran in the 145mph range. He had some fun comparison runs against Jon running map0 also... Looking forward to seeing the video.

Payam & Adam took turns racing our 340i with JB4, BMS WMI, and Pure S1 turbo, with a best of ~145mph. An awesome sleeper setup.

I wound up racing the Z06 as both of our N54 "race cars" were not ready for the event. I tuned it for E30 with an upper pulley, and managed a best of 160mph. Quite an improvement over Payam's 146mph stock last Shift Sector. It still got smoked by Jason in the M3 though... I lost traction for a moment in 1st and 2nd and he zoomed on by. See video below.

Vargas was there racing one of their cars and finally broke the 170mph barrier, great trap for a basically full weight car. Also Donnie of JB4 Mobile fame happened to be on vacation in LA with some of his crew and came by for the race.... Some exciting JB4 Mobile enhancements are in the pipeline.

Name:  IMG_20170225_125951030_HDR.jpg
Views: 2575
Size:  161.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20170225_122014240.jpg
Views: 2523
Size:  159.8 KB

Name:  IMG_20170225_150508156.jpg
Views: 2538
Size:  151.2 KB

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Administrator

Default 02-26-2017, 12:43 AM

Had a great day today at Shift-S3ctor. Thanks to Ryan and Jason and the whole Shift-S3ector crew for a very well-run day with minimal delays! Always great to meet customers and get a chance to stretch the M5's legs a bit. Ran a best of 163.2 today. Weather was great but traction is an issue as always, especially on the factory P Zeros. The car ran flawlessly and it's a pretty stress-free way to go 163+. This car is still running a full factory exhaust with catalysts, and stock tires and wheels.

Biggest surprise for me was how fast our development 550i N63TU with the beta JB4 was vs the M5 with the JB4 disabled (simulated stock M5). Check out the video below!

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: BMW E82 135i
Default 02-26-2017, 05:11 AM

Some great results and real world rather than dyno running.

I managed to see some runs between working this weekend via Facebook live feed.

The speeds are creeping up.
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-26-2017, 10:24 AM

I really like our new CNC M5 exhaust tips in those photos.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old
Demigod

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 02-26-2017, 11:05 AM

Damn that 550 is fast with a JB4!

Can't wait to get back out there once the B58 is further developed. This car feels so much slower than a Pure Stage 2 N54 at higher speeds. But I know Terry will continue to work his magic

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-26-2017, 11:10 AM

The B58+meth is a potent and easy combo... You won't get 600whp but it's deceptively fast for 450whp+.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old
Demigod

Default 02-26-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The B58+meth is a potent and easy combo... You won't get 600whp but it's deceptively fast for 450whp+.
It's very tempting. But I can't see myself putting a meth tank in if I plan on hauling kids around at some point

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-26-2017, 11:21 AM

Do you not have the normal F series location for the stealth tank?

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old
Demigod

Default 02-26-2017, 11:24 AM

I do! That's why it's so tempting.

(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-26-2017, 12:01 PM

Get the new cap with integrated check valve for it. Easy.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 02-27-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon @ BMS
Had a great day today at Shift-S3ctor. Thanks to Ryan and Jason and the whole Shift-S3ector crew for a very well-run day with minimal delays! Always great to meet customers and get a chance to stretch the M5's legs a bit. Ran a best of 163.2 today. Weather was great but traction is an issue as always, especially on the factory P Zeros. The car ran flawlessly and it's a pretty stress-free way to go 163+. This car is still running a full factory exhaust with catalysts, and stock tires and wheels.

Biggest surprise for me was how fast our development 550i N63TU with the beta JB4 was vs the M5 with the JB4 disabled (simulated stock M5). Check out the video below!

crazy you trapped within 1/2 mph as the m3 with full exhaust and upgraded turbos. Was the m3 not in kill mode or is the m5 just tapped the **** out?

12' DCT 135i
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-27-2017, 09:57 AM

The fastest we've ever done with the M3 was 166mph and I think that was at a longer track. Jason managed a best of 163mph at the event, not too far off our best. We run it around 30-32psi (650-675whp) at these events. Could probably be cranked up to 34psi but never felt the need to push it as we're afraid of spinning the crank hub. This was one of the first cars produced and has never spun... Want to keep it that way.

The M5 is just in a league of its own. Makes an easy 750whp on JB4+WMI through the factory exhaust. Looks factory stock and beats down quite a few cars that you'd think would be faster. Quite a car.

PS. For this event I think Jason had the factory catback on the M3 so that cost it a mph at least.

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 02-27-2017, 10:51 AM

Makes sense, back at NFZ AZ I rode in the pure M6 vs Steve's M4 and it was a pretty good race. Steve's M4 wasn't far behind at all but I think he has a flash and ice tank etc. have you guys done that stuff to your M3?

12' DCT 135i
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-27-2017, 10:57 AM

No we haven't changed anything on it in some time. Still a relatively mild mod list.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 02-27-2017, 11:12 AM

What a way to spend my birthday by racing at Shift S3ctor

I was very pleased with the 550i. The torque is just amazing.
For comparison sake it makes same wheel whp as stock M5, but 100 wheel torque more. Hopefully soon we will get BCM in there soon.

I also raced our 340i, but both times we messed up.
They both trapped 145mph. That is amazing for the 340i as stock M5 was doing 141-143mph.

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

Last edited by Ando @ BMS; 02-27-2017 at 12:58 PM..
(#16)
Old

Car: '70 E9 Turbo, '88 M5, '11 335d
Default 02-27-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
The fastest we've ever done with the M3 was 166mph and I think that was at a longer track. Jason managed a best of 163mph at the event, not too far off our best. We run it around 30-32psi (650-675whp) at these events. Could probably be cranked up to 34psi but never felt the need to push it as we're afraid of spinning the crank hub. This was one of the first cars produced and has never spun... Want to keep it that way.

The M5 is just in a league of its own. Makes an easy 750whp on JB4+WMI through the factory exhaust. Looks factory stock and beats down quite a few cars that you'd think would be faster. Quite a car.

PS. For this event I think Jason had the factory catback on the M3 so that cost it a mph at least.
Nice work guys!!!

You still have the stock flash on the PURE Turbo M3, right? What do the logs look like? Those cars seem to pickup a lot of power on the road after a flash. Steve's PURE M4 went from 160's to 170's I believe.
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-27-2017, 12:12 PM

Yes still the stock flash on it. Also does not have PI yet. Haven't wanted to touch the flash until we can do the work ourselves using TunerPro.

Here is a log from it in 5th gear.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Default 02-27-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Yes still the stock flash on it. Also does not have PI yet. Haven't wanted to touch the flash until we can do the work ourselves using TunerPro.

Jason has some logs on his phone, I'll post them later.
Makes sense. I know that car can be a lot quicker...
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-27-2017, 12:16 PM

I'm sure it can be... But also keep in mind this is a shorter track than NFZ. So it can he hard to compare traps between the two events. 163mph on this track is really moving.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Default 02-27-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
I'm sure it can be... But also keep in mind this is a shorter track than NFZ. So it can he hard to compare traps between the two events. 163mph on this track is really moving.
I'm aware. I think SS is a 1/2 from the back edge and NFZ is a 1/2 from the cones, right? I was comparing his NFZ to NFZ traps.
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-27-2017, 12:22 PM

Right this one is 0.5 mile from a dig, NFZ is 0.6 mile from a dig.

Part of the problem with Steve's run was the boost over targeting due to a BEF issue that I'm still working with him and the BEF tuner on. Fortunately it came together for a couple runs with a nice trap but other runs had some issues. We're on the right track with it though and at least we know what its capable of.

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old
VTT ***** *****

Car: All Things Booost
Default 02-27-2017, 11:32 PM

Great meeting you finally Terry and seeing the rest of the BMS crew again -had a good time and everyone did well. I think it was Payam that said it seems like only 1 N54 is allowed to run really well at an event, this time it was us (engine wise anyway...).

Look forward to the next one.

Chris

Chris - VTT Forum Representative
For fastest response: Chris@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
(#23)
Old

Car: 07 e92 335i
Default 02-28-2017, 12:02 AM

Wow! That white ps2 m3 is quick. The 550 is making some good power too. I can't believe it's the same horse but 100 more torque than the m5. Great work! My buddy just picked up the jb4 for his n63 550xdrive. When you do you think the prototype intake will be for sale?

09 335xi AT, Pure Stage 2 'DD' turbos, JB4 G5 ISO w/anti-lag, MHD Trebila tune, xHP Stage 3, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP, NGK 1 step colder plugs, BMS meth kit w/dual cm7, BMS DCI, VTT inlets/outlet, RB PCV valve, BMS OCC, N20 tmap, Cyba Scoops, Lux H8 160, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF **, Custom exhaust, VRSF Chargepipe, GFB SV50 BOV, ER Sport Series Oil Cooler, UUC front sway, M3 rear sway w/powerflex bushings, BC Racing coilovers, Hawk HPS 5.0 brake pads
(#24)
Old

Default 02-28-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:

Here is a log from it in 5th gear.
Uhhh... 2 to 5 degrees of timing?! And that's only looking at one cylinder! No wonder!!! C'mon Terry! It has a ton of power you're not using. lol

Maybe get a PTF flash for now until you can reflash it with your own later.
(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-28-2017, 09:10 AM

Timing was better on runs where boost was lower but there was a lot of variance. But even then there were some timing drops. Running MS109 + meth. I'm not sure I'd want to push timing up much and likely I'd drop it if anything.

Remember Steve is running PI and E85, an ice bucket, etc.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports