N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default More 800whp N54 Dyno Testing - 11-17-2015, 02:40 PM

Hey guys,

Spent some time on the dyno today with Payam@VM's car. Main purpose of testing was to evaluate the new JB4 single turbo O2 sensor calibration and JB4 port injection control.

In doing that it appears we also upped the official bar a bit for single turbo N54 power.

Notes:

1) This big turbo really sings at 35psi. It's starting to get to the point that we need to add 4bar and 5bar MAP sensor support to the JB4. It's on my radar.
2) Car has a major issue dropping timing in cyl4. We have no idea why.
3) The JB4 o2 sensor control is working very well. It's amazing how lean we were running previously without really giving it much thought. The second dyno file is a comparison to his testing a couple months ago. AFR was creeping up to the mid 13s. If you're running a single turbo and not using the latest JB4 o2 sensor control firmware, your AFR is much leaner than you think it is.
4) The JB4 port injection control is working perfectly as well. It's convenient being able to datalog and change it from the same JB4 interface and it's nice that it finally self corrects for low fuel pressure. Much more planned for this.
5) Given the AFRs are accurate now we're using *a lot* more fuel than we did previously. Maintaining low pressure on E80 (as read via JB4 flex fuel sensor) has become an issue again. Been funneling data to Fuel-IT who has some new stuff in the works.
6) I heart JB4 anti-lag.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 11-17-2015, 02:49 PM

niiiiiice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18’ Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#3)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 11-17-2015, 03:04 PM

When will new firmware be posted?

07 e92 MT 335i- JP works TS TM 6466 1.0 a/r, custom 4in fmic, vrsf cp, tail bov, custom catch cans, external pcv mod, adv O2's, phoenix intake manifold,fuel it port injection, bms meth kit dual cm10, Motiv twin disk, 450/540 in tanks/ 6an return and regulator, stoptech drilled and slotted rotors & pads,15in drag setup , ST coilovers,berk full exhaust ,jb4 g5, mhd

2012 650i- D0wn pip3s, jb4, custom drop in filters, carbon filter delete
(#4)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 11-17-2015, 03:07 PM

woohoooo!!! now lets race at 23psi next event! lol.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 11-17-2015, 03:18 PM

Woah. That's insane!!!
(#6)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 11-17-2015, 05:32 PM

If it makes more power "leaner" why not try to duplicate? Low 12s sounds safer but if engine likes it so be it...otherwise very respectable...
(#7)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i E92
Default 11-17-2015, 05:44 PM

Wow

Crazy numbers
And spool omg

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
JB4 G5, ST Pump Flash, Fuel-It Stage 1, Meth
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-17-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
LOL, I hate you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbacusRacingN54
If it makes more power "leaner" why not try to duplicate? Low 12s sounds safer but if engine likes it so be it...otherwise very respectable...
It didn't make more power though, that's the good part! So now we have a much safer tune that matches the AFR in the logs as the tail pipe.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Monst3r
When will new firmware be posted?
I posted it today in the single turbo thread.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 11-17-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing Congrats on the results though Payam.
(#11)
Old

Car: 335i coupe
Default 11-17-2015, 06:30 PM

What size turbo did you shoehorn in there Payam?

07 335i AT/CUSTOM 6870 GEN2 ST/VAC ENGINE AND STAGE 3 HEAD/FABFACTORY INTAKE W/PI/1000HP AD FMIC/FUEL IT STAGE 3 LPFP/HKS BOV/BL COILS/DUAL OIL COOLERS/RB EXTERNAL PCV/PD TRANY W COOLER/M3 FRONT N REAR SUSPENSION W/ROUGE BEARINGS/HOTCHKIS ADJUSTABLE END LINKS/ADUSTABLE REAR TOE ARMS AND CAMBER LINKS/EIBACH SWAYBARS/BC RACING BR COILOVERS AND CAMBER PLATES/AKG REAR SUBFRAME, DIFF, REAR SHOCK BUSHINGS/POWER FLEX BUSHINGS/WAVETRAC REAR DIFF WITH DEFIV BRACE AND VAC COVER/4IN EXHAUST
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 11-17-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:

Congrats man...those are some impressive numbers!

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#13)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-17-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichale
What size turbo did you shoehorn in there Payam?
PTE Gen 2 6870 .84AR

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Car: 335i coupe
Default 11-17-2015, 07:57 PM

Thats funny, I was looking at the same one but i'm considering the divided 1.15 a/r

07 335i AT/CUSTOM 6870 GEN2 ST/VAC ENGINE AND STAGE 3 HEAD/FABFACTORY INTAKE W/PI/1000HP AD FMIC/FUEL IT STAGE 3 LPFP/HKS BOV/BL COILS/DUAL OIL COOLERS/RB EXTERNAL PCV/PD TRANY W COOLER/M3 FRONT N REAR SUSPENSION W/ROUGE BEARINGS/HOTCHKIS ADJUSTABLE END LINKS/ADUSTABLE REAR TOE ARMS AND CAMBER LINKS/EIBACH SWAYBARS/BC RACING BR COILOVERS AND CAMBER PLATES/AKG REAR SUBFRAME, DIFF, REAR SHOCK BUSHINGS/POWER FLEX BUSHINGS/WAVETRAC REAR DIFF WITH DEFIV BRACE AND VAC COVER/4IN EXHAUST
(#15)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 11-17-2015, 07:59 PM

Built motor??
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsprung_CJB
Built motor??
He's going to need one soon I think. This is a beat up old stock motor.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 11-17-2015, 09:27 PM

I want to see some rolling anti lag speedo footage. This thing has to be monsterous

18’ Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#19)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 11-17-2015, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy123
I want to see some rolling anti lag speedo footage. This thing has to be monsterous
Absolutely!

F21 M140i - 100-200: 8.1
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.47 60-130: 5.16
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.45, 60-130: 5.1
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#20)
Old

Car: 2008 AW e92 335i
Default 11-18-2015, 01:09 AM

WOW.......My mind is COMPLETELY BLOWN after seeing this!!! And this is on a
"old stock motor".......Damn these N54's really handle power extremely well to the point that 500rwhp-600rwhp should be NO PROBLEM for these motors in stock form. Man......I WISH MY LOGS COULD LOOK LIKE THAT!!!!!! Haha....But seriously....I cant imagine the way that thing pulls as soon as it gets into boost.....

I think its ok to say that if big singles with the right modifications and proper tuning can make 800+RWHP CONSISTENTLY... the n54 engine is getting into 2GZGTE territory The 2JZGTE motor is probably one of the best motors to modify by throwing on a big single and some supporting mods and it comfortable makes 600rwhp-800rwhp COMFORTABLY.... Looks like the N54 does to and were just getting started Congrats to Terry, AGAIN for providing the N54 community with more and more and more POWER!!! Looks like I might have to SERIOUSLY look into something more than the RB's I have on the car already...WOW...800RWHP!!!! Seriously CONGRATS and look forward to seeing even higher numbers

E92 A/W JB4 G5 ISO w/WEDGE PERFORMANCE FLASH+FBO+RB's+LSD+60% E85/93 mix 508whp 531 ft lb torque 11.73 @121mph on street tires with a 2.1 60'!!! NO METH!
(#21)
Old

Car: 2008 AW e92 335i
Default 11-18-2015, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostaholic
WOW.......My mind is COMPLETELY BLOWN after seeing this!!! And this is on a
"old stock motor".......Damn these N54's really handle power extremely well to the point that 500rwhp-600rwhp should be NO PROBLEM for these motors in stock form. Man......I WISH MY LOGS COULD LOOK LIKE THAT!!!!!! Haha....But seriously....I cant imagine the way that thing pulls as soon as it gets into boost.....

I think its ok to say that if big singles with the right modifications and proper tuning can make 800+RWHP CONSISTENTLY... the n54 engine is getting into *2JZGTE* territory The 2JZGTE motor is probably one of the best motors to modify by throwing on a big single and some supporting mods and it comfortable makes 600rwhp-800rwhp COMFORTABLY.... Looks like the N54 does to and were just getting started Congrats to Terry, AGAIN for providing the N54 community with more and more and more POWER!!! Looks like I might have to SERIOUSLY look into something more than the RB's I have on the car already...WOW...800RWHP!!!! Seriously CONGRATS and look forward to seeing even higher numbers
had to make a spelling correction lol

E92 A/W JB4 G5 ISO w/WEDGE PERFORMANCE FLASH+FBO+RB's+LSD+60% E85/93 mix 508whp 531 ft lb torque 11.73 @121mph on street tires with a 2.1 60'!!! NO METH!
(#22)
Old

Car: E92 335i '07 Manual
Default 11-18-2015, 02:52 AM

Great results!

Do you have some videos?

E92 335i, 2007, manual
Mfactory helical LSD, ST XA Coilovers, EBC Grooved Discs + Yellowstuff pads + Goodridge lines, 313 Performance wheels, OEM turbos
JB4 + Rev3, MHD JB4 BEF, BMS Clutch stop, Custom ©atless dоwnpipes, VRSF 7" FMIC, VRSF CP + Tial BOV, VRSF OEM Silicone inlets + OCC, Yokohama AD08R, BMS CDV
396 whp, 639 wnm (471 ft lb) 93-95 Pump gas, no meth, no ethanol
(#23)
Old
Demigod

Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 11-18-2015, 07:59 AM

My timing on cylinder 2 is often dropping behind the other 5 so I hope you find an answer to your timing drops. However there's not much comparison of a stock turbo car to this. I've changed coils and plugs so maybe bad injector or carbon build up causing a hot spot and unusual flame front? False knock maybe?

UK FBO 335i, GCs, JB4, PI meth, BMS CP, OCC, Braided brake lines. Diff Lockdown. TMAP sensor, custom bucketless stage2

11.79@119mph on stockers, CP meth (UK, Santa Pod)
11.74@129mph on GCs, custom port meth injection.
(#24)
Old

Car: BMW 1M
Default 11-18-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I posted it today in the single turbo thread.
terry, what back end flash adjustments are required for this update, if any

RHD Top Mount ST
(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-18-2015, 09:54 AM

A higher fuel scalar but log it and we'll see.

Burger Motorsports