N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default FFTEC built E92 Dyno Testing - 11-17-2014, 07:10 PM

Hey guys,

Finally got a handle on the false knock issue and was able to strap the car down for a few higher boost dyno runs. We went with a "small" Precision 6266 G2 turbo for to keep low end response strong and I'm really happy we did. This thing drives great with instant torque almost anywhere.

The little turbo puts out some decent power up top too. These runs are on 50% race gas and meth. Up next we'll be converting the car over to 100% E85 using our port injection setup and hopefully can squeeze a little more power out of it.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 11-17-2014, 07:15 PM

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: e46 323i/ 04.5 Turbo 350Z
Default 11-17-2014, 07:18 PM

I'm glad you gave the 6266 a try. I've been telling people it's a great match for this engine. By any chance do you have any overlays with the 6466?

www.BoostAddictions.com
Custom Engine Calibrations and Performance Parts

996 Turbo
(#4)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 11-17-2014, 07:20 PM

32 psi oh my. Really curious what it does with 100% E85 only. Also, how did you guys fix the knock problem?
(#5)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 11-17-2014, 07:37 PM

Daaaammmnnnnnn nice

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-17-2014, 07:51 PM

Congrats again Terry, this is a nice step!!

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Car: 135i JB
Default 11-17-2014, 08:13 PM

Uh, wtf?
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost junkie
32 psi oh my. Really curious what it does with 100% E85 only. Also, how did you guys fix the knock problem?
Added spacers between the block and knock sensors.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostAddict
I'm glad you gave the 6266 a try. I've been telling people it's a great match for this engine. By any chance do you have any overlays with the 6466?
No the 6466 never really ran right. But here is a comparison with a VM 6767 (much larger turbo) at roughly the same boost levels.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-17-2014, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No the 6466 never really ran right. But here is a comparison with a VM 6767 (much larger turbo) at roughly the same boost levels.
That looks really really good! I want to see it against the 6465, that would be a nice comparison with same power level but see how the delivery comes in. I wouldn't doubt it will look even nicer with a twin scroll.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Car: 2011 335xi
Default 11-18-2014, 07:33 AM

Even on a 2.0l the 6466 usually only has 200rpm more lag than the 6266. If you want spool I would drop down to the 6262. They have still hit well over 700whp.
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-18-2014, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETmn
Even on a 2.0l the 6466 usually only has 200rpm more lag than the 6266. If you want spool I would drop down to the 6262. They have still hit well over 700whp.
The 6466 was maybe 500rpm laggier in comparison, at least in this application.

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-24-2014, 02:24 PM

Hey guys,

Installed the new port injection setup, pulled the meth kit, and filled up with E85. Did one dyno pull and immediately noticed a new problem. Fortunately, the solution for it is in the trunk waiting to be installed.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Car: 09' 335i Sedan
Default 11-24-2014, 02:48 PM

lpfp
whats in the trunk?
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-24-2014, 02:51 PM

Fuel-It Stage3 low pressure pump.

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Car: 09' 335i Sedan
Default 11-24-2014, 03:01 PM

nice!
now back away from the computer and get that thing installed
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 11-24-2014, 05:20 PM

Hahaha....I'm guessing that plunge from 14:1 to 10.5:1 in less than a half second didn't help much either.

On a positive note your PI system is working very well...your HPFP hardly flinched.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-24-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ
Hahaha....I'm guessing that plunge from 14:1 to 10.5:1 in less than a half second didn't help much either.

On a positive note your PI system is working very well...your HPFP hardly flinched.
Next up we'll evaluate the Stage3 with one pump only running. And if fuel pressure still drops connect the 2nd pump to the JB4 relay output to trigger it at say 9psi.

That reminds me, the "N20 Trigger" boost, is setup now so its the min for both the progressive meth control AND the external output. Just email me if you need that version. It will be in the next update.

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-24-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Next up we'll evaluate the Stage3 with one pump only running. And if fuel pressure still drops connect the 2nd pump to the JB4 relay output to trigger it at say 9psi.

That reminds me, the "N20 Trigger" boost, is setup now so its the min for both the progressive meth control AND the external output. Just email me if you need that version. It will be in the next update.
I just emailed Steve about the same kit you have. Let me know what else I need to do on my end to keep up with you.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 11-25-2014, 02:52 AM

Quote:

Sounds good on the N20 trigger...we have a few customers that could use that.

As for Stage 3 Primary testing you mentioned...

Average flows on the test bench break down like this...(all at 13.5V and 72psi)

Stage 1 = .9GPM
Stage 2 = 1.15 to 1.2GPM
Stage 3 primary = 1.05-1.1GPM
Stage 3 P+Secondary = 2.1GPM

That said, in the interest of science and if you're up for it, we can send you out a Stage 2 to test as well since it flows a little better than just a Stage 3 primary. Then you can decide what you want to run based on your goals for each platform.

I know some people want to try and get by with running just Stage 2 and PI and frankly, if its reliably sufficient for 600whp on the E92...we'd be so that people targeting those power levels can avoid the additional expense and complexity. For well in to the 6's and up on 100% E85...I don't think the Stage 2 is going to cut it though.

Either way it'll all be good data and will be interesting to see if/at what point you'll have to go to an external FPR. For Motiv, it was about 700whp.

Speaking of which we have our mandrels in so we'll be working on custom fuel lines in December for the E% sensor and a couple other projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
I just emailed Steve about the same kit you have. Let me know what else I need to do on my end to keep up with you.
Responded

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.

Last edited by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!; 11-25-2014 at 04:25 AM..
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2015, 05:27 PM

Was able to strap the E92 down and do a few more pulls today. The car is on 100% E85 now and has 3.08 gears instead of 3.46 gears. Runs were done in 4th instead of 5th as before.

I did a few pulls but didn't have much time for tuning. Just some minor map 6 boost profile & FF tweaks. I think the tiny K&N filter may be holding back power a bit up top. That or maybe a stronger WG spring is needed, or maybe the 6266 G2 turbo is maxing out. I tried opening the exhaust cutout and it made zero extra power so at least we know OEM 335i mufflers flow pretty well. We will retrofit one of our large single turbo filters on it down the road to continue testing.

Worth noting, low fuel pressure is starting to crash around 700whp on 100% E85. This is with both Stage3 pumps running. So it may be time for a full fuel system down the road too.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old

Car: C.S.B.
Default 04-23-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Was able to strap the E92 down and do a few more pulls today. The car is on 100% E85 now and has 3.08 gears instead of 3.46 gears. Runs were done in 4th instead of 5th as before.

I did a few pulls but didn't have much time for tuning. Just some minor map 6 boost profile & FF tweaks. I think the tiny K&N filter may be holding back power a bit up top. That or maybe a stronger WG spring is needed, or maybe the 6266 G2 turbo is maxing out. I tried opening the exhaust cutout and it made zero extra power so at least we know OEM 335i mufflers flow pretty well. We will retrofit one of our large single turbo filters on it down the road to continue testing.

Worth noting, low fuel pressure is starting to crash around 700whp on 100% E85. This is with both Stage3 pumps running. So it may be time for a full fuel system down the road too.
Are you running pi?
(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2015, 05:33 PM

Yes, of course.

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Car: C.S.B.
Default 04-23-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Yes, of course.
so just need a return, please sell a kit
(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2015, 05:43 PM

To upgrade it further I need to get the Fuel-IT regulator & return line. Maybe more. Steve can chime in on that.

Burger Motorsports