N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: MHD stage 2 e90 Lci 335i
Default Just bought my first n54 335i and need help! - 10-31-2019, 02:33 PM

Hi guys, first post and first bmw actually. I just bought a bmw 335i. The guy i got it off was really cool, he explained it has a mhd stage 2 tune and upgraded d p's already. Also upgraded index 12 sparkplugs. It's an 09 lci model with 117km or 72miles (I'm from australia)
His advice was to service transmission and install xhp. If i wanted more power get a FIC
I'm interested in your guys advice though and what would be your first steps?
(#2)
Old

Car: 08 E60 535i
Default 10-31-2019, 11:33 PM

He must've meant upgraded index 12 injectors, as plugs are not index anything, or 12 for that matter.

Welcome to the forums! And congrats on your new car, you will get your hands dirty here and with the help from all these folks, you'll be burning through tires in no time!!

I'm in a time crunch so can't say much else at the moment but within a few hours I'm sure folks will chime in and get you on your way.

Whats your budget? Whats your horsepower goal? Things you will need to be ready to answer to get the most bang for your buck.

Thanks

Brandon
Hayden, Idaho.

* 08' 535I. * JB4 W/ Bluetooth Connect & BMS PUMP BEF. * Billy Boat 535I 3.5" *****-back exhaust W/ resonator delete. * BMS DCI. * NGK 2 step colder plugs @ .020" (And I mean .020" on money!). * New Eldor coils. * BMS BOV adapter and BMS Vac side OCC. * BMS Chargepipe. * TIAL BOV W/ Hard 1/4" Vacuum line W/stock spring. * XHP Stage 2 * C-@-T P-I-P-E-S soon enough...... 11/7/19.

[/SIGPIC]
(#3)
Old

Car: MHD stage 2 e90 Lci 335i
Default 10-31-2019, 11:42 PM

Injectors sorry lol, I'd like to eventually have around 400hp, don't really have a budget but i do have a wife so thats why i say eventually lol
(#4)
Old
Brendan

Car: 335i 2007 6spdman
Default 11-01-2019, 12:52 AM

Research your intercooler as it is an important part.
Ask for advice on parts as many here have been there done that and dont want you to waste time and money.

Im from Australia too.
Theres a few around but mainly usa.

Ignore anyone that tells you ebay china turbos are good.

Enjoy and welcome.
(#5)
Old

Car: 2010 535i M-sport
Default 11-01-2019, 11:35 AM

Congrats on the new ride.

Before adding any more power mods, I'd make sure that she's up to date on all maintenance. Plugs and coils, waterpump, etc. See the link below. I know your care is not an E60 but a lot of this will transfer

New here? Read This First! - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

If not done already, I would replace the plastic charge pipe as it will probably fail as you add more power. You can do this and the intercooler together.

Good luck and enjoy.

'10 E60 535i, ER CP, ER IC, VRSF ***, RB inlets, Forge DV, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, RB PCV, COBB Stg 2+ Agg, 19" M6 type 167's