N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#351)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-31-2020, 06:43 PM

It's not used on the platform, so any value will do.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#352)
Old

Car: 2019 q50 luxe
Default Ewg connector log - 09-12-2020, 11:37 AM

can someone tell me how this look with ewg connectors on 91?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M2_R1_200910_221410-1.csv (10.1 KB, 35 views)
(#353)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Red Sport
Default 09-12-2020, 08:31 PM

Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny705
Okay I just installed the EWG wires I set all the parameters to the default setting as per JB4
2019 q50 RS with fuel and EWG wires running map 6
Settings:
duty bias all 50
pid 20
auto shift 60
ff 50

Could anyone tell me how my logs look
(#354)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport
Wink 09-17-2020, 12:17 PM

Terry, any new features or add-on for the platform to be looking out for?
(#355)
Old

Car: q50
Default 10-03-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbowling42
Free bump for you.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#356)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-03-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpapijoshi
can someone tell me how this look with ewg connectors on 91?
Engine isn't really warm enough so JB4 went to factory tuning towards the end. But otherwise seems OK.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#357)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-03-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbowling42
We're still testing fuel pressure control but not ready for release yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#358)
Old

Car: q50
Default 10-20-2020, 07:06 PM

Hi Terry, can you please have a look at my logs?

I recently installed the EWG connectors and set to the "neutral" values on map2. The car is oscillating with them on, off the car runs fine. No error or codes with them turned off or on. Please let me know. Thanks

2016 Q50 RS
DP & CBE
HKS BOVs
91oct.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M2_R1_201020_181614.csv (5.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: csv P50_M2_R1_201020_181800.csv (6.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: csv P50_M2_R1_201020_182331.csv (6.6 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by sir_riel; 10-20-2020 at 07:39 PM..
(#359)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50 AWD RS
Default 11-10-2020, 02:34 PM

I already know the first response to this will be "post your logs first" - but here's my question anyway: I just purchased a JB4 w/ fuel wires and have the EWG kit on the way. I have a Q50 RS AWD with no other mods. Nothing installed yet, will do asap. I'd like to avoid brake boosting/launching to the extent possible (ok, every once in a while). Would increasing Duty Bias above 50 in lower RPM help reduce* turbo lag and then taper back down to 50 with higher RPM (plan to also taper boost PSI with higher RPM also)? In theory at least? Again, realize this will need actual testing/logging, am just trying to see if I understand the concept. 93 octane from pump. Thanks!

Last edited by Sleeper2017RSAWD; 11-10-2020 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: *Edit - Want less turbo lag not more of course.
(#360)
Old

Default Question - 11-12-2020, 08:16 PM

The duty bias is a global setting right? Meaning that if I increase the duty bias from 50 to say 55 from 4000 rpm to 6000 rpm. It will limit how much the boost tapers off during that rpm range, for any map I have selected right?
(#361)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-13-2020, 10:13 AM

Right, it's global for all maps. Since the EWG system uses a PID rather than static offsets you'll get a different WGDC value for each map/instant.

Burger Motorsports

(#362)
Old

Default 11-14-2020, 01:33 PM

Playing with the duty bias at different rpm. How’s this log look?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M2_R1_201114_121629.csv (8.5 KB, 5 views)
(#363)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-14-2020, 03:22 PM

Looks fine to me. Minor duty bias changes aren't going to make a major difference there.

Burger Motorsports

(#364)
Old

Default 11-14-2020, 04:05 PM

I just installed JB4 and EWG's today. Some scraped up knuckles but no error codes yet (fingers crossed). Have Fuel Wires too but ran out of time today to install. I did a couple short test runs on default settings, 93 octane, no other mods. Could Terry (or anyone that understands them) take a look at these logs and see if there is something I should adjust? I usually don't go WOT a lot, so hard to compare before/after. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M1_R2_201114_1518.csv (44.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: csv P50_M1_R3_201114_1251.csv (46.8 KB, 6 views)
(#365)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-14-2020, 05:33 PM

Turn on options bit6 for RS models!

Burger Motorsports

(#366)
Old

Default 11-14-2020, 05:58 PM

Does that make a difference if the fuel wires aren't hooked up yet?
(#367)
Old

Default 11-14-2020, 06:04 PM

But will do either way if you say so! Thanks!
(#368)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-14-2020, 07:41 PM

Yes, it does.

Burger Motorsports

(#369)
Old

Default 11-15-2020, 03:59 PM

Installed FW's, set FUD 0 and 6 to ON, did a couple runs. Whoa!!! Terry could you please take a look at the log and see if all looks good? Definitely feels faster but almost feel a delay right at WOT before acceleration kicks in. But maybe it's just a relative feeling vs. greater acceleration at higher RPM? Thank you, this thing is great!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M1_R3_201115_1644.csv (58.4 KB, 8 views)
(#370)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 3.0t
Default 11-17-2020, 01:16 PM

WGC settings. I'm not sure how to read the logs to determine how to adjust the WGCs. Here's a recent log of me switching between map 5 and 6 to see how the car was reacting. Running 91 + E85 mix.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M6_R6_200926_1248.csv (29.7 KB, 7 views)
(#371)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-19-2020, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper2017RSAWD
Installed FW's, set FUD 0 and 6 to ON, did a couple runs. Whoa!!! Terry could you please take a look at the log and see if all looks good? Definitely feels faster but almost feel a delay right at WOT before acceleration kicks in. But maybe it's just a relative feeling vs. greater acceleration at higher RPM? Thank you, this thing is great!
Try dropping pid gain to 10 to see if that helps with the tip in.

Burger Motorsports

(#372)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-19-2020, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by importroller
WGC settings. I'm not sure how to read the logs to determine how to adjust the WGCs. Here's a recent log of me switching between map 5 and 6 to see how the car was reacting. Running 91 + E85 mix.
Looks fine here! No duty bias or other changes are usually needed.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#373)
Old

Default 11-20-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Try dropping pid gain to 10 to see if that helps with the tip in.
A couple (very short) runs. Can I ask, why did you you say drop pid gain to 10? Honestly don't fully understand, but thought increasing pid gain would increase response? And was thinking about upping duty bias at low RPM, is that a good or bad idea? Thanks for all the help.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M1_R2_201120_1640.csv (45.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv P50_M1_R2_201120_0956.csv (24.5 KB, 5 views)
(#374)
Old

Car: Red Sport 2020
Default 12-02-2020, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiQ50RS
Good afternoon Terry attached is a good run with two full wot pulls at map 6. One question why does the car initially hesitate almost 3 second when stepping on the accelerator before actually making power.
Did the issue here regarding delay of seconds before power comes on get answered? I experienced the same without EWG wires.
(#375)
Old

Car: Red Sport 2020
Default 12-02-2020, 06:11 AM

Tip-in being the response time to full power at WOT? without the EWG wires do those settings still impact tip-in?