N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2976)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-19-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
Maybe it is pumping all the time but then it might increase pump RPM as you increase engine RPM. This might explain why temps increase at low RPM even though car speed is up.
Does anyone know where we can track down an Infinity diagnostic tool to "test" the water pump? If we had that we could copy the diagnostic commands via CANbus and have the JB4 take over pump control, forcing it at 100% full time, if it's not already.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2977)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 09-19-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
For this platform we suggest an E85 mix of up to 30-40% max (e.g. ~E40). We've not done development yet for stronger mixtures but Fuel-IT is working on a fuel pump upgrade kit and FlexFuel sensor which we'll be installing shortly to test.
Nice - had my eye on the AMS FP but will hold off until we see how the Fuel-IT / BMS integration pans out. Exciting times for VR30 owners for sure!!i
(#2978)
Old

Default 09-19-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
We have the JB4 progressive control for WMI all ready to go. Just need someone to mount the nozzles and wire it up.
Terry - Is this something like what BMS is working on for a VR30 BMS WMI kit?

http://www.fuel-it.com/2-5-id-billet...pt-meth-bungs/
(#2979)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-19-2018, 01:04 PM

I'll look in Steve so he can reply directly!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2980)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-19-2018, 03:05 PM

Found a bug in the water cool/trans temp logging calculation. Will post a fix tonight.

Burger Motorsports

(#2981)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 09-19-2018, 06:34 PM

We haven't done anything with the LPFP yet as it's been our understanding it's not yet needed. If that's changed, lets see the data and we'll see what we can do.

We have flex fuel kits running on a couple Q50's and a Q60 but we are still waiting for more feedback on the final configuration so it's a true plug and play kit before doing a release.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#2982)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 09-19-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Found a bug in the water cool/trans temp logging calculation. Will post a fix tonight.
With the update can you fix the "Trans Temp" gauge and call it Charge Air Temp or whatever?

2016 Q50 Red Sport
Ecutek tuned
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2983)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-19-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
With the update can you fix the "Trans Temp" gauge and call it Charge Air Temp or whatever?
No because the label is in the app not the JB4 firmware, and we log "trans temp" in other JB4 applications. We could locate it under some completely unrelated field like "ignition correction 2" or "E85 content" but I suspect that would be even more confusing.

Added V4_T1 firmware to the first post with the fix. Let's see some longer runs on the stock and aftermarket coolers for comparison!

Burger Motorsports

(#2984)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 09-20-2018, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Can you also change the name from trans temp to cooler temp? Sorry didn’t see it was already asked

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4+FW
AMS intakes
FI ldp
FB HE
(#2985)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-20-2018, 08:52 AM

For logs to evaluate coolers after updating firmware ideally longer 1/4 mile type runs are best. And then we'll want to look at the starting and endings temps relative to the boost levels being run and ambient temp.

Burger Motorsports

(#2986)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default Data logs - 09-20-2018, 09:14 AM

Hey Terry,

I ran 2 more logs. One on Map5 and one on custom Map6. Can you let me know if they look ok? (running E30/93)

map5E30.csv
map6.csv
(#2987)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-20-2018, 09:15 AM

Short runs but seem OK to me!

Burger Motorsports

(#2988)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 09-20-2018, 09:37 AM

Yea 3rd gear pulls. Not enough street space. I'll do another one shifting from 1st to 3rd
(#2989)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-20-2018, 10:47 AM

Do logs on safe private tracks only, of course!

Burger Motorsports

(#2990)
Old

Default 09-21-2018, 06:01 AM

Here is my log for you to review the temps if needed.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-21 Charge-temp.csv (7.6 KB, 88 views)

2016 Q50 Red Sport
Ecutek tuned
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2991)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2018, 09:30 AM

Thanks! Stock cooler or upgraded?

Burger Motorsports

(#2992)
Old

Default 09-21-2018, 09:36 AM

After the firmware update, my IC temp was close to ambient this morning, this is a good sign. Will be doing a pull with stock HE soon.

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4+FW
AMS intakes
FI ldp
FB HE
(#2993)
Old

Default 09-21-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Thanks! Stock cooler or upgraded?
Stock Heat Exchanger.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
Ecutek tuned
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2994)
Old

Default 09-21-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Stock Heat Exchanger.
Stock as well - Post firmware upgrade, I am now seeing @ 20 degrees above ambient temp readings as a rule. After a few enthusiastic pedal moments - I log 30-40 degree deltas. Now I need to track how fast the temps recover with the stock HE.
(#2995)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Stock Heat Exchanger.
Good, thanks... Keep the logs rolling in people! And I need to know whether you have the stock or aftermarket cooler when evaluating them.

Burger Motorsports

(#2996)
Old

Default 09-21-2018, 04:00 PM

Hi Terry this is a 0-90 run, map 2 on 93 octane with a stock heat exchanger. Can you see why timing dropped at time stamp 92.75. Also I have a red Sport, why is the ecu boost so low. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-21 15_22_08 map 2 0-90.csv (7.8 KB, 84 views)

2017 Q50 RS AWD
JB4+FW
AMS intakes
FI ldp
FB HE
(#2997)
Old

Car: Q50 RS400
Default JB4 Not Working after latest firmware update - 09-21-2018, 06:08 PM

Hi Terry,

I have a 17 RS and just decide to update the firmware to the most current release JB4_Q50_OBDII_4.1_HEX. I have done updates before using the JB4 app and the Bluetooth module. Everything has been working fine until I tried the update. The update started writing data and failed through the update and would start over and kept trying. It did complete but I received errors (see pictures). Now my car runs like turtle. No codes are being thrown. I have even tried to go back to the order firmware version and that is not working either. I am getting the attached error and also the message that the JB4 is without firmware (even though I keep trying to flash it but does not seem to work). This is the first issue I have had.
Attached Images

(#2998)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2018, 09:57 PM

Photo of JB4 board? Did you try to load JB4 firmware to a Stage1 system?

Burger Motorsports

(#2999)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 RS 400
Default Same issue - resolved - 09-22-2018, 06:26 AM

I had the same issue, new user, and found that if I put my phone on the brake cover where the unit is it updated without issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yld2rob
Hi Terry,

I have a 17 RS and just decide to update the firmware to the most current release JB4_Q50_OBDII_4.1_HEX. I have done updates before using the JB4 app and the Bluetooth module. Everything has been working fine until I tried the update. The update started writing data and failed through the update and would start over and kept trying. It did complete but I received errors (see pictures). Now my car runs like turtle. No codes are being thrown. I have even tried to go back to the order firmware version and that is not working either. I am getting the attached error and also the message that the JB4 is without firmware (even though I keep trying to flash it but does not seem to work). This is the first issue I have had.
(#3000)
Old

Car: Q50 RS400
Default 09-22-2018, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Photo of JB4 board? Did you try to load JB4 firmware to a Stage1 system?
Board says JB4 x55 Rev 3.0

Here you go..
Name:  IMG_0859.JPG
Views: 388
Size:  42.3 KB

Last edited by Yld2rob; 09-22-2018 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: adding text