JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 435 Xi
Default Dorch HPFP added and PR coils - 11-08-2021, 09:56 AM

Hi-
I am working to get the most out of the stock turbo still. Added Dorch stg 1 for my e50 fueling and PR ignition coils (active in MHD). I have the e85 BEF flashed with MHD. Please review and let me know how things are looking. I am running map 6 with a fairly flat boost of 19.5 tapering above 5000 rpms. I know I am probably asking too much of the stock turbo and that's why I'm here.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P10_M6_R5_211107_1910.csv.csv (9.4 KB, 104 views)

'14 435xi - FMIC- BMS intake - JB4 + FF + WG plug - MHD, Dorch stg1 HPFP, PR Coils

Last edited by Garrett.hull; 11-08-2021 at 11:06 AM..
(#2)
Old

Default 11-08-2021, 11:19 AM

Log didn't post 1st time, corrected.

'14 435xi - FMIC- BMS intake - JB4 + FF + WG plug - MHD, Dorch stg1 HPFP, PR Coils
(#3)
Old

Car: Evo VIII
Default 11-08-2021, 11:46 AM

Timing is looks great! Overall the log looks really solid. WGDC is still fairly low, meaning there is still a bit more room to work with for the stock turbo. To reach over 20.9 PSI you HAVE TO HAVE 3.5 BAR TMAP. Until then, you are limited. I have linked you the 3.5 TMAP below.

https://burgertuning.com/products/jb...=2104148885528

(IF you end up getting 3.5 BAR TMAP) I have uploaded an image of new settings you should try and see how it looks. Please upload another log as soon as you make those changes so we can see how it looks. Thanks!

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/5813/TcEM7E.jpg

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 11-09-2021, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon @ BMS
Timing is looks great! Overall the log looks really solid. WGDC is still fairly low, meaning there is still a bit more room to work with for the stock turbo. To reach over 20.9 PSI you HAVE TO HAVE 3.5 BAR TMAP. Until then, you are limited. I have linked you the 3.5 TMAP below.

https://burgertuning.com/products/jb...=2104148885528

(IF you end up getting 3.5 BAR TMAP) I have uploaded an image of new settings you should try and see how it looks. Please upload another log as soon as you make those changes so we can see how it looks. Thanks!

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/5813/TcEM7E.jpg
Awesome! It feels great right now and definitely putting the TMAP on the list

Any suggested tweaks to Map 6 as it stands now?

Thanks!

(#5)
Old

Default 11-09-2021, 10:25 AM

As it stands right now, copy the user adjustment settings I sent you but make these changes.
-FOR ALL (22) PSI VALUES CHANGE TO (20.5)
-BOOST SAFETY SET TO (22)
Please upload another log once the changes have been made. Thanks!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 11-09-2021, 11:15 PM

Settings were adjusted and the boost curve looks great except it isn't targeting 20.5 as input. Let me know what you think, thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P10_M6_R3_211109_2008.csv (18.0 KB, 88 views)

(#7)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 11-10-2021, 01:01 PM

Why have you disabled FF gain with the stock turbo? You'll need to re-enable that or do some DB tuning.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#8)
Old

Default 11-10-2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Why have you disabled FF gain with the stock turbo? You'll need to re-enable that or do some DB tuning.
Hi Steve-
I wasn't aware it was off. You are referring to the FF option under ethanol setup for the sensor? Correct me if I am wrong since I haven't poked around in those settings since I installed the FF wires a couple years ago.
Attached Images

(#9)
Old

Default 11-10-2021, 04:17 PM

Steve is talking about "Feed Forward (FF)" not Flex Fuel. Make sure to enable "Test Duty Bias Learning Algorithm". Pictured below are your current settings.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 11-10-2021, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon @ BMS
Steve is talking about "Feed Forward (FF)" not Flex Fuel. Make sure to enable "Test Duty Bias Learning Algorithm". Pictured below are your current settings.
I have no idea how it got switched off as I am assuming it is a default. I must have hit it inadvertently at some point. I will reenable and do additional logs. Thank you for catching this!

(#11)
Old

Default 11-10-2021, 04:34 PM

No problem!

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-11-2021, 12:58 PM

To clarify...on different platforms, the options will read differently. The one Cannon posted a screenshot of is from a different platform. You don't want to disable FF adaption unless you are running an upgraded turbo(s) or have an issue with FF continually rising. In both cases you would then need to understand and implement duty bias tuning.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#13)
Old

Default 11-11-2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
To clarify...on different platforms, the options will read differently. The one Cannon posted a screenshot of is from a different platform. You don't want to disable FF adaption unless you are running an upgraded turbo(s) or have an issue with FF continually rising. In both cases you would then need to understand and implement duty bias tuning.
Ok, thanks Steve. So bit 5 and 6 should be on in my setup, correct?
Attached Images

(#14)
Old

Default 11-12-2021, 09:25 AM

Enabled duty bias algorithm...did several pulls as shown in the log. Still not targeting 20.5 as entered? Look forward to the next step. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P10_M6_R6_211111_2015.csv (15.2 KB, 93 views)

(#15)
Old

Default 11-12-2021, 12:24 PM

Please get another log in 3rd or 4th gear from 2k rpm to redline. Thanks!

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-12-2021, 12:24 PM

To properly evaluate the tuning, we'll need a full throttle JB4 log from 40-90mph on a safe private track.

(#17)
Old

Default 11-12-2021, 03:53 PM

I think I got the info you guys need in these runs. I get so wrapped in playing with the car I forget how specific the logs need to be to be eval. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv P10_M6_R3_211112_1410.csv (29.1 KB, 90 views)

(#18)
Old

Default 11-12-2021, 04:20 PM

This log looks much better. Maybe just a bit more DB tuning in the top end and you're golden.

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Default 11-12-2021, 04:24 PM

Ok...will the algorithm get the DB dialed in or do I need to make manual adjustments? Any idea why it isn't targeting 20.5 as indicated in the map 6 profile? Thanks!

(#20)
Old

Default 11-12-2021, 04:30 PM

Duty bias adjusting itself should help with your boost getting closer to target.

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Default 11-15-2021, 01:35 PM

Everything is running really well and the DB is adjusting itself and getting more and more dialed in, only one little thing is coming up. At idle, the car seems to now hiccup here and there when idling...is this normal?

(#22)
Old

Default 11-16-2021, 11:08 AM

100%

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old

Default 11-30-2021, 09:58 AM

Good morning
I added the TMAP sensor and programmed according to what was indicated. Log attached. Let me know if you see anything or have suggested changes or if I need to get better logging. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv P10_M6_R6_211129_1713.csv (10.6 KB, 73 views)

(#24)
Old

Default 11-30-2021, 11:07 AM

Nice! Try going back to default duty bias settings and drive around for a while and see if it will take care of itself.

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old

Default 12-07-2021, 09:25 AM

Switch all DB back to 50 and it is continuing to adjust. I am getting a power drop at WOT frequently where the car drops and then picks up power in the middle-ish of the power band. It happened twice during this log. See anything?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P10_M6_R7_211206_1948.csv (23.8 KB, 68 views)