N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 135i N54
Default 01-22-2020, 07:36 AM

Yep, overboost. Drop your FF to 30 and do some adaptation pulls in map 1 or 2 and see how it does.

'08 BSM 135i N54B30A 6AT: 133k miles
Dynamic Autowerks Stage 2+ Hybrid Turbos
JB4 + Pump_USA BEF
VRSF 3" Pippys
VRSF Relocated Hotside Intake
Vargas High Flow Outlets
VRSF 7" FMIC
VRSF J Pipe and Charge Pipe
HKS BOV
Black Market Racing 3.5" Exhaust
BMS OCC & PCV (Boost side only)
N20 MAP Sensor
Eldor Coils
NGK 97506 @ .0020
255R 235F Pilot Super Sports on Breyton GTS-R Wheels
Motul Sport 5W40
E30 Fuel
(#27)
Old

Car: 2008 e92 335i
Default 01-22-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustl3r
Yep, overboost. Drop your FF to 30 and do some adaptation pulls in map 1 or 2 and see how it does.
Copy.
(#28)
Old

Default 02-03-2020, 09:02 AM

OK, see my most recent log below. After finding a pinched vacuum hose and lower my ethanol content its looking better. Getting misfires at high rpm under heavy load. Need to gap my plugs to .20.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-02-02 17_17_19_Map-6.csv (6.6 KB, 59 views)
(#29)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 02-03-2020, 09:38 AM

This looks better.

Trims could use some tweaking, but not alarming.

Let’s get your upper RPM misfire sorted & we can dial this in a bit more.

You can close your Plug gap to .018 as well if you wish.

What are you using to control your meth ? (I see your fuel bias set to 100 across the board)

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old

Default 02-03-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
This looks better.

Trims could use some tweaking, but not alarming.

Letís get your upper RPM misfire sorted & we can dial this in a bit more.

You can close your Plug gap to .018 as well if you wish.

What are you using to control your meth ? (I see your fuel bias set to 100 across the board)
OK cool. Ill get to the plugs soon. I'm using BMS/JB4 to control meth.
(#31)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-03-2020, 09:48 AM

Sounds good

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#32)
Old

Default 02-10-2020, 04:51 PM

OK, gapped plugs to .018, no more misfires. Still every once in a while getting fault 3100 low boost mode engaged and 30FE boost over target.

Just filled tank up with 50/50 E85. I see my FP_H is still dropping not sure why.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-02-09 20_08_56_Map-6.csv (8.6 KB, 55 views)
File Type: csv 2020-02-09 19_51_50_Map-6.csv (9.0 KB, 50 views)
(#33)
Old

Car: 135i N54
Default 02-10-2020, 05:22 PM

What BOV system are you using? I'm seeing some bug surge after throttle closure (27PSI), you may need to get a larger manifold vacuum line to handle that. That may be the cause of your 30FE.

HPFP does seem to be crashing. Not sure why though. It does correspond with higher trims so you may have flow problems. Maybe reset your fuel OL setting to 60-65?

'08 BSM 135i N54B30A 6AT: 133k miles
Dynamic Autowerks Stage 2+ Hybrid Turbos
JB4 + Pump_USA BEF
VRSF 3" Pippys
VRSF Relocated Hotside Intake
Vargas High Flow Outlets
VRSF 7" FMIC
VRSF J Pipe and Charge Pipe
HKS BOV
Black Market Racing 3.5" Exhaust
BMS OCC & PCV (Boost side only)
N20 MAP Sensor
Eldor Coils
NGK 97506 @ .0020
255R 235F Pilot Super Sports on Breyton GTS-R Wheels
Motul Sport 5W40
E30 Fuel
(#34)
Old

Default 02-10-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustl3r
What BOV system are you using? I'm seeing some bug surge after throttle closure (27PSI), you may need to get a larger manifold vacuum line to handle that. That may be the cause of your 30FE.

HPFP does seem to be crashing. Not sure why though. It does correspond with higher trims so you may have flow problems. Maybe reset your fuel OL setting to 60-65?
Im running a cheap Tial wannabe BOV, the vacuum line is probably to small or need a different spring. I'm planning to replace all my vacuum lines.

Yeah, not sure whats up with the HPFP, I didn't have this problem running E50 on stock turbos. I'll reset my FOL to 60-65.
(#35)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-10-2020, 10:36 PM

Glad the new plugs fixed the misfire

You are now running upgraded Turbos, so completely different ballgame compared to stock snails.

You can bump FOL up a bit, if that doesn’t work, you’ll either want to dilute your mix, or possibly need more supporting fueling mods

I’d bump FOL up to 70 & monitor your trims

Burger Motorsports