N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-08-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownz24
Gapped and installed new plugs, replaced the failing coil, no more misfires!

Still getting kicked back down to Map 4 because I'm exceeding the boost safety. I've set it to 21 psi, the JB4 mobile won't let me set it any higher than 21.
Was able to get a clean run of my first pull, all the other got kicked into Map 4 for boost safety.

Time for a new TMAP?
Probably touching the boost safety

4K to redline- letís lower DB by 10 until you can get the new tmap / adapter.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 06-09-2019, 12:44 PM

Thanks Dave,

Putting in an order for the N20 TMAP and adaptor.

Other than switching the setting for N20 TMAP, are there any other settings I should adjust after install? I read that FF should be bumped up by 20 across the board?
(#28)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-10-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Thanks Dave,

Putting in an order for the N20 TMAP and adaptor.

Other than switching the setting for N20 TMAP, are there any other settings I should adjust after install? I read that FF should be bumped up by 20 across the board?

Then we can turn up a bit

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old

Default 06-10-2019, 07:18 PM

Looking forward to it lol
(#30)
Old

Default 06-11-2019, 10:41 PM

Alright, 3.5 bar TMAP installed. Switched N20 to 1, moved boost fail safe to 22 psi, didn't mess with any other settings. No codes, no drops to map 4, everything seems pretty good
Definitely more boost lag, but I'll wait for your input on what to adjust for that

Let me know, thanks!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-11 23_11_11_Map-7.csv (13.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-11 23_14_41_Map-7.csv (12.5 KB, 59 views)
(#31)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-12-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Alright, 3.5 bar TMAP installed. Switched N20 to 1, moved boost fail safe to 22 psi, didn't mess with any other settings. No codes, no drops to map 4, everything seems pretty good
Definitely more boost lag, but I'll wait for your input on what to adjust for that

Let me know, thanks!!
This looks solid- are we sticking w. 93 octane....?

Burger Motorsports

(#32)
Old

Default 06-12-2019, 11:36 AM

I'd like to focus on 93, since that's what I'll be running 98% of the time. But I do have access to E85...

In a few years I'll only have access to 91, at which point I'll go meth injection. I don't want to get too used to E85 power and then get sad when I can't get any and the car feels slow haha
(#33)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-13-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I'd like to focus on 93, since that's what I'll be running 98% of the time. But I do have access to E85...

In a few years I'll only have access to 91, at which point I'll go meth injection. I don't want to get too used to E85 power and then get sad when I can't get any and the car feels slow haha
I dont usually rec. going over 18-20 psi on 93 octane....and we are just about there currently.

We can see if timing will hold if you want @ 20 psi.

Map 6- 20 psi across board- log

Burger Motorsports

(#34)
Old

Default 06-13-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
I dont usually rec. going over 18-20 psi on 93 octane....and we are just about there currently.

We can see if timing will hold if you want @ 20 psi.

Map 6- 20 psi across board- log
Thanks Dave, I'll start with that. I'd like to dial in 93 octane for majority of use, however if you're game, afterwards I wouldn't be opposed to trying an ethanol based tune
(#35)
Old

Default 06-13-2019, 11:15 PM

Here's some map 6, 20 psi straight across the board. Looks pretty good?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-13 23_42_51_Map-6.csv (10.6 KB, 58 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-13 23_49_30_Map-6.csv (12.0 KB, 52 views)
(#36)
Old

Default 06-17-2019, 09:40 PM

Filled up with some E85 to get about an E25 mix and tried a few runs. They look pretty clean, mind taking a look to confirm? Thanks Dave!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-16 12_17_29_Map-6 21psi.csv (14.9 KB, 56 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-17 21_28_59_Map-6 22.6psi.csv (13.3 KB, 53 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-17 21_43_58_Map-6 23psi.csv (10.9 KB, 54 views)
(#37)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-18-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Filled up with some E85 to get about an E25 mix and tried a few runs. They look pretty clean, mind taking a look to confirm? Thanks Dave!
Hey- looked at the last 2 logs

That last log- boost looks fine, your hpfp/lpfp are hanging in there too- which is good.

Timing corrections start up top- try bumping your e85 mix to e30- lets see if that cleans up the timing corrections- if it does, we can go from there & possibly get a little more aggressive. Say use map 6 for racing, and then daily the car on a lower map.

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Default 06-18-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Hey- looked at the last 2 logs

That last log- boost looks fine, your hpfp/lpfp are hanging in there too- which is good.

Timing corrections start up top- try bumping your e85 mix to e30- lets see if that cleans up the timing corrections- if it does, we can go from there & possibly get a little more aggressive. Say use map 6 for racing, and then daily the car on a lower map.
Sounds good, I'll bump up the mix to around e30. What indicates a timing correction, is it when the avg ign jumps up instead of trending down?

Yeah, I'll usually be running on 94 octane (e10) for daily with map 2, and sometimes map 7 for a bit more go fast

But it would be nice to dial in an e30 map 6 when I want to wow my friends hahaha
(#39)
Old

Default 06-18-2019, 10:56 PM

Here's some logs with E30. I don't know what I'm looking for when it comes to timing it seems

Appreciate your input, as always!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-18 23_20_08_Map-2.csv (14.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-18 23_26_00_Map-6.csv (11.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-18 23_32_04_Map-6.csv (11.4 KB, 53 views)
(#40)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-19-2019, 12:31 AM

At 4K your trims max at 50

Personally I’d back boost down a bit and get your trims in check

Burger Motorsports