N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default Check in Data Logs - 05-19-2019, 09:12 AM

Hey guys,

I've been running the BEF PUMP for a bit now after my initial check-in with you guys, and wanted to throw some new logs your way for your review and comments.

Mods are:
-BMS DCI
-Stett Charge Piping and inlets
-RB turbos (specs unknown)
-CPE Front Mount IC
-C at Less Down Pi pe s
-Running 93 octane

Also wondering where I can find some reading material on Map 6 to see about bumping up a tad.

Thanks in advance!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-19 01_25_51_Map-2.csv (11.5 KB, 194 views)
File Type: csv 2019-05-19 01_28_37_Map-2.csv (10.8 KB, 86 views)
(#2)
Old

Default 05-19-2019, 09:30 AM

And here was the best run of the night
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-19 01_20_43_Map-2.csv (10.9 KB, 109 views)
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-19-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownz24
And here was the best run of the night
Overall the log looks pretty solid.

Turbos have more in them for sure.

Fueling wise your LPFP looks about maxed up top. If we were going to bump things up- Iíd Rec an LPFP upgrade.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 05-19-2019, 06:32 PM

I'm listening heh

What stage do you recommend? I'd like to go meth one day, as 93 octane isn't going to be available in the area in moving to in a few years.

And how much of a PITA is the fuel pump install? I assume it's in tank?
(#5)
Old

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 05-19-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
I'm listening heh

What stage do you recommend? I'd like to go meth one day, as 93 octane isn't going to be available in the area in moving to in a few years.

Not that hard to install

BMW 135i and 335i Stage 2 LPFP installation

07 E90 AT - xHP
JB4 G5 - Trebila BEF
FBO
Hybrids
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-19-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I'm listening heh

Our bucketless is probably the most popular choice & would give you plenty of headroom.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 05-20-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynpunch
Solid, I was worried it was a drop the tank sort of situation
(#8)
Old

Default 05-20-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Our bucketless is probably the most popular choice & would give you plenty of headroom.
Do you mean the bucketless stage 2? Does it need Hobs switches? I like the idea of maintaining the bucket like on the stage 2 with bucket, but don't like the prospect of burning out the fuel module.

What is the stage 1 in line capable of supporting?
(#9)
Old

Default 05-20-2019, 04:50 PM

No Hobb switch needed

Bucketless
BMW E-Series Walbro Stage 2 Bucketless LPFP Upgrade - FUEL-IT!

Bucket plug n play
BMW E-Series Walbro Stage 2 LPFP Upgrade - FUEL-IT!

Bucket / Transfer your existing float, top hat
BMW E-Series Walbro Stage 2 LPFP Upgrade (DIY) - FUEL-IT!

07 E90 AT - xHP
JB4 G5 - Trebila BEF
FBO
Hybrids
(#10)
Old

Default 05-30-2019, 10:51 AM

Installed the stage 2 bucketless LPFP and did some a few pulls in 2nd and 3rd gear.
Not sure if 2nd gear pulls are useful for logs, but it's easier to find a road for a 2nd gear redline than a 3rd gear redline lol
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-29 23_00_52_Map-2.csv (8.3 KB, 84 views)
File Type: csv 2019-05-29 23_01_56_Map-2.csv (7.8 KB, 85 views)
File Type: csv 2019-05-29 23_06_20_Map-2.csv (13.2 KB, 164 views)
File Type: csv 2019-05-29 23_09_27_Map-2.csv (14.9 KB, 85 views)
(#11)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-30-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Installed the stage 2 bucketless LPFP and did some a few pulls in 2nd and 3rd gear.
Not sure if 2nd gear pulls are useful for logs, but it's easier to find a road for a 2nd gear redline than a 3rd gear redline lol
2nd isnít great for logging

Your 3rd gear logs look really clean- HUGE improvement in the LPFP. You can jump up to the next map if you wanted to push it a bit more.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 05-30-2019, 11:53 AM

Yes please! Haha
(#13)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-30-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Yes please! Haha

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Default 05-30-2019, 11:59 AM

Should I go map 7? Or 6 with adjustments?
(#15)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-31-2019, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Should I go map 7? Or 6 with adjustments?
Letís see 7 & evaluate

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 05-31-2019, 11:54 AM

Great! I'll get some pulls in tonight.

Just to confirm, you don't need to do adaptation pulls when switching between maps?
(#17)
Old

Default 05-31-2019, 11:42 PM

Did a few pulls in map 7, mostly kicking me into map 4 for over-boosting.

Thoughts? Thanks again for your help, Dave
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-31 23_12_37_Map-7.csv (9.7 KB, 83 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-01 00_01_33_Map-7.csv (10.2 KB, 80 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-01 00_05_12_Map-7.csv (13.2 KB, 88 views)
(#18)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-01-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Did a few pulls in map 7, mostly kicking me into map 4 for over-boosting.

Thoughts? Thanks again for your help, Dave
Looks like your hitting boost safety- bump that up to say 20 or 21

do that & relog- cyl 5 looks to be down a bit on timing too- will keep an eye on that

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Default 06-01-2019, 02:26 PM

I still have the stock TMAP, going to 20-21 is fine?

Agreed, I noticed cylinder 5 is usually down on timing near the top end. I haven't done plugs on this car since I picked it up a few months back. Would it be appropriate to got with the 2 step colder plug around this level of tuning?

I'll run a few pulls tonight
(#20)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-03-2019, 12:05 AM

Quote:
I still have the stock TMAP, going to 20-21 is fine?

Agreed, I noticed cylinder 5 is usually down on timing near the top end. I haven't done plugs on this car since I picked it up a few months back. Would it be appropriate to got with the 2 step colder plug around this level of tuning?

I'll run a few pulls tonight
Yup- go with a 1 or 2 step colder plug & gap appropriately

Stock tmap- set boost safety to 20, it should let you do that

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Default 06-03-2019, 10:52 AM

I swapped out the cylinder 5 coil and moved it to cylinder 1. The timing error moved to cylinder 1, so I have a new Delphi coil on the way. Once that comes in later this week, I'll reattempt some pulls based on your recommendations

Also ordered some NGK 97506 because the NGK 5992/95770 are all back ordered everywhere. I'm now thinking the 97506 might be TOO cold for the boost level/timing I'm running? Guess we'll see!

Thanks for the continued support!
(#22)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-03-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
I swapped out the cylinder 5 coil and moved it to cylinder 1. The timing error moved to cylinder 1, so I have a new Delphi coil on the way. Once that comes in later this week, I'll reattempt some pulls based on your recommendations

Also ordered some NGK 97506 because the NGK 5992/95770 are all back ordered everywhere. I'm now thinking the 97506 might be TOO cold for the boost level/timing I'm running? Guess we'll see!

Thanks for the continued support!
I run those same plugs on a virtually stock 335, no issues.

Gap to .020

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old

Default 06-07-2019, 11:23 PM

Gapped and installed new plugs, replaced the failing coil, no more misfires!

Still getting kicked back down to Map 4 because I'm exceeding the boost safety. I've set it to 21 psi, the JB4 mobile won't let me set it any higher than 21.
Was able to get a clean run of my first pull, all the other got kicked into Map 4 for boost safety.

Time for a new TMAP?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-07 23_41_10_Map-7.csv (13.5 KB, 87 views)
File Type: csv 2019-06-07 23_46_38_Map-7.csv (11.9 KB, 89 views)
(#24)
Old

Default 06-07-2019, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Gapped and installed new plugs, replaced the failing coil, no more misfires!

Still getting kicked back down to Map 4 because I'm exceeding the boost safety. I've set it to 21 psi, the JB4 mobile won't let me set it any higher than 21.
Was able to get a clean run of my first pull, all the other got kicked into Map 4 for boost safety.

Time for a new TMAP?
neither of these logs kick you into Map 4

If you are trying to target anything above 21 you should upgrade the TMAP

07 E90 AT - xHP
JB4 G5 - Trebila BEF
FBO
Hybrids
(#25)
Old

Default 06-07-2019, 11:58 PM

The second log doesn't show map 4, but you can see the target boost drops to 8psi
On the JB4 mobile it was definitely in map 4 after that run.
If the log looks clean and there's room to go up still using 93 octane, maybe TMAP is the next move