N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 135
Default 335is right engine mount $600?! wtf? - 05-26-2018, 10:19 AM

So I'm about to drop subframe to replace oil pan gasket and figured maybe I'd replace motor mounts. From what I recalled reading a while ago the 335is mounts seemed like a good option.

Go to order some and they are like $600 on ECS and elsewhere. WTF? How many horsepower does the mount add!? Should I just replace with the standard OEM mounts for my 135i? Have seen bad reviews on lots of aftermarket mounts.

2009 135i 6MT Jet Black, FBO+
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-26-2018, 11:03 AM

Seems way too high... There are aftermarket ones out too so maybe find someone who swapped over.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
Tech

Car: 335is
Default 05-26-2018, 04:48 PM

There are so many for around $200. Post the link, $600 is way off.

335is DCT - xHP - JB4 - Fuel-it! - MHD - SSP - DocRace
(#4)
Old

Car: 135
Default 05-28-2018, 10:25 AM

I can't find anyone selling part# 22116793240 for a reasonable price. I agree $600 is ridiculous... Please tell me where you can buy it (or the Rein equivalent) cheaper if you know of a place.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/22116793240/

https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...or-22116793240

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-2...uine-bmw-part/

2009 135i 6MT Jet Black, FBO+
(#5)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 6 speed
Default 05-28-2018, 01:01 PM

The 335is passenger mount is the one that the price went way up on.
The drivers mounts are still pretty cheap and readily available (although they're the same on both models).

If you get the regular mounts from rock auto they're about 95 for a set and its pretty unlikely they'll need to be replaced again anytime soon.
(#6)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 06-04-2018, 04:26 AM

I asked FCP Euro about the cost increase of this right mount, as well as N54 injectors doubling in price recently. Here is their response, verbatim:

Quote:
On the injectors - we first got then from a dealer who actually incorrectly priced then which allows us to offer them to customers at a great deal but that has since been fixed and they are now priced very close to our cost actually. Also, we are no longer able (for now) to get the OE corteco right iS engine mount so we now can only offer the genuine part which is unfortunately quite expensive. Both of those price changes are because of supply chain changes/issues.