N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Phoenix Race N54 Intercooler - 10-30-2017, 03:59 PM

Phoenix just sent us a batch of their new N54 race intercoolers. These things are huge, stepped core, with a flow diverter on the hot side to improve distribution across the core. Weigh 38# and include silicon couplers and tbolt clamps.

Intro price $499. ICs are all solid but a few have minor paint overspray. We told them to paint the tanks black and the core unpainted for optimal heat transfer. And for the most part they did.

Anyway a few photos attached. They are available for purchase on our site.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: 08 535i
Default 10-30-2017, 04:29 PM

Will definitely consider this when going ST.
(#3)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 10-30-2017, 06:12 PM

Been pretty excited for these! Any info on fin pack density or iat control?

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-30-2017, 06:32 PM

We'll throw one on Payam's single turbo car for logging at Shift Sector, with luck. But fins are nicely packed and we expect it will work nicely as Phoenix promises it will.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: bmw 335i e92
Default 10-30-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We'll throw one on Payam's single turbo car for logging at Shift Sector, with luck. But fins are nicely packed and we expect it will work nicely as Phoenix promises it will.
Can these be shipped to Australia? Cause it doesnt mention it on your page and could see any issue to get them into the country as I have bought my last intercooler from the usa

Aussie e92 335i. Pure Stage 2 Twin Turbos, Pure Performance Motorsports Forge Rods and Pistons, Fuel-it Port Injection, 7.5" Race intercooler, Fuel-it Stage 3 LPFP, Ugraded Fuel lines , Tial 50mm BOV, TFT RHD Inlets, JB4 g5, MHD 98Ron Wedge Hybrid Custom Backend flash, BMS OCC, T20MAP, AR Design 3" Cattless **, Remus Dual 2.5" system with 84mm quad tips, RB PCV valve, AFE intake scoops, Bimmer Coils, CSF Radiator
(#6)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 10-30-2017, 10:52 PM

Cant wait to see some logs of this in action. If they are impressive I will place an order ASAP.
(#7)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 10-31-2017, 06:02 AM

How does the fin pack density compare to the VRSF 7.5 Race?
The price is very enticing.
(#8)
Old
Meth Addict

Car: E90 TiAG 335i Sedan
Default 10-31-2017, 07:31 AM

Lookng to upgrade.does the front bumper need to come off for install?
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-31-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdfv
The same or better, and the hot side flow director they claim will provide better results. In making this one I know they evaluated what was on the market and wanted to come up with something not only less expensive in terms of retail price but as or more efficient.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-31-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdo81
Can these be shipped to Australia? Cause it doesnt mention it on your page and could see any issue to get them into the country as I have bought my last intercooler from the usa
Don't know, you'd have to email our sales department. It's pretty heavy so I'd guess shipping is going to be expensive.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 10-31-2017, 08:00 AM

Any info showing effect of the diverter? I like the idea.

How thick is the top extension?

I realize it may not be officially advertised as such, but might this fit E60's the same way the VRSF 7" does?

Look forward to some 3-4-5 gear logs in higher ambient temps.

2017 AMG C63 - JB4 - 11.69 @ 127 (dragy)
2009 BMW 535i - 548 whp - sold
(#12)
Old

Default 10-31-2017, 08:07 AM

Will this be too much for stock turbos pushing max power? Noticible lag or no?

2008 135i Sport 6at
JB4 G5 ISO, MHD E85 KR, Fuel-it S1, E55 Mix, Alpina Trans Flash, afe Scoops, My own custom 2.5" inlets, ER CP, Synapse BOV, 3.5 Tmap, 7.5" Phoenix FMIC, NGK 5992, 3" BMS downtubes, N55 Mids, Berk Race, BMS OCC, 48 plate oil cooler, 36 plate trans fluid cooler, PSS, R888, Hoosier DRs.
11.92@123.6 (JB4 ISO, DCI, IC, **, DR, on e45 & 17psi)(2013)
444whp/481wtq @19psi and e60 (2013)

2013 X3 xDrive28i M-package
JB4, K&N drop-in, ER downtube, Map 2 @ 22psi on 93
(#13)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 10-31-2017, 08:38 AM

Looks very promising I bit the bullet and ordered one! The AA sport intercooler currently on the car cant handle the MMP's.
(#14)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-31-2017, 09:05 AM

Hey Terry what's the size of the piping on this?

Thx

TM TS 6466 Powa!
(#15)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-31-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkreimer10
Will definitely consider this when going ST.
Nothing to consider, just do it! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
Been pretty excited for these! Any info on fin pack density or iat control?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdfv
They look identical if anything more dense than the CSF intercooler cores that ACF uses on their custom 2kwhp builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
Cant wait to see some logs of this in action. If they are impressive I will place an order ASAP.
It has been thoroughly tested on a customers ST car putting more than 750whp I finally have the final production piece on my car and will have some dyno logs and results along with 1/2 mile results after this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOosted 335i
Lookng to upgrade.does the front bumper need to come off for install?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessIsMore
Any info showing effect of the diverter? I like the idea.

How thick is the top extension?

I realize it may not be officially advertised as such, but might this fit E60's the same way the VRSF 7" does?

Look forward to some 3-4-5 gear logs in higher ambient temps.
Diverter helps guide the airflow up so the intercooler utilizes all its area.
e60 fitment I'm not sure about, best is to email Ando@burgertuning.com Maybe he can work something out with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seroga1986
Will this be too much for stock turbos pushing max power? Noticible lag or no?
I would stick to our replacement one, those have been good for up to 550whp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by add1ct
Looks very promising I bit the bullet and ordered one! The AA sport intercooler currently on the car cant handle the MMP's.
You won't be dissapointed!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#16)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-31-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaman416
Hey Terry what's the size of the piping on this?

Thx
3" inlet and outlet

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 10-31-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Nothing to consider, just do it! lol

It has been thoroughly tested on a customers ST car putting more than 750whp I finally have the final production piece on my car and will have some dyno logs and results along with 1/2 mile results after this weekend.
Any logs of the test car ? Or can you tell me the ambient, starting and ending iats ? Basically whats to be expected ?
And finally, would the upgrade be worth it if at 70F iat start at 86 and end in 110 or so in a 3rd gear pull for me. Im sure it will be cooler with a further upgraded fmic, my question is gains. Fbo N54 pure stage 2, 24 psi.
(#18)
Old

Default 10-31-2017, 12:11 PM

What lower charge pipe is used with this??

2010 135i M-Sport 6MT Jet Black
N54 | Build Thread
(#19)
Old
Meth Addict

Car: E90 TiAG 335i Sedan
Default 10-31-2017, 12:42 PM

Yeah it would be nice if it came with a J-pipe and not to reuse the restricted stock pipe.
(#20)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Default 10-31-2017, 12:56 PM

just make your own - the uscbwsr (evan) post on fitting the VRSF 7" IC gives a great parts list. may need to just trim a little different for a 1/3-seres.

(#21)
Old

Car: 535 2008
Default 10-31-2017, 12:57 PM

will this fit the 535?

2015 535 - JB4 - VRSF pipe- Burger Intake - Straight piped - MHD Backend Flash
(#22)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Default 10-31-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrejo
will this fit the 535?
Already asked above.

Quote:
e60 fitment I'm not sure about, best is to email Ando@burgertuning.com Maybe he can work something out with you.
Payam, why don't you get Ando to chime in here.

(#23)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-31-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessIsMore
Already asked above.
Payam, why don't you get Ando to chime in here.
Ando is out of country for vacation so his hours are off with us. Im sure he will chime in once he sees this.

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 10-31-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Ando is out of country for vacation so his hours are off with us. Im sure he will chime in once he sees this.
It does not fit the 5 series.
135/335 only.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#25)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 10-31-2017, 05:26 PM

Payam / Terry, thanks for being so responsive and answering to everyone's interest so quickly!

Regarding install:
a) Could you post dimensions?
b) I'm assuming the radiator shroud/ bumper may require a bit of trimming?
c) Do factory clamp bands need to be cut for the silicon couplers to fit over the piping?