N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default Maps and boost targets - 07-13-2017, 10:17 AM

Does anyone have a link or can tell me what boost targets are for n54. Specifically, is it the flash for say a single turbo, or hybrid flash that targets higher? How are some running map 2 at 22 psi ? What are map 3 targets if you have a 3.5 bar and hybrid flash ??? I know depends on add, but is there a chart for all this somewhere ? Im only interested in upgraded and single turbo conversions. I am aware of the stock turbo maps and targets. Thanks
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2017, 05:10 PM

It varies by application.. But best best is to ask in the appropriate thread. Single turbo thread, BEF thread, straight JB4 thread, etc.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 135i N54
Default 07-17-2017, 08:24 AM

I think it would be helpful if there was a table of map vs BEF type or even better RPM vs Boost for each flash/map like there is for the map3 boost additive. Unless the BEF changes the map3 targets, then that's useless.
(#4)
Old

Car: 135i N54
Default 07-31-2017, 10:56 AM

I logged map2 on the pump BEF peaking a 18.8 lbs this weekend
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-31-2017, 03:31 PM

The map target line will be clearly visible in your log. As will boost. If boost and target are greatly apart then dutybias tuning is normally needed.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.