N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Shift Sector this Sat, 4/23 - 04-19-2016, 08:24 PM

Anyone planning on going?

We'll be out with 4 cars. Which 4 is still a bit up in the air as several cars are apart for various reasons. Most likely:

Jon will be racing our M5 with the speed limiter finally removed
Jason will be racing our Pure Turbo M3
Ando will be racing our stock turbo M4

I'll either be racing our Pure Turbo E92 with a new junkyard motor (currently apart), our MOTIV 135i with the MT swap done (currently apart), or our stock turbo bolt on 135i. For the stock turbo 135i we're going to install inlets and a few other mods to spice it up. For the short term our 335is has to stay stock as we're using it to CARB certify parts. If all else fails I might wind up in the B58 again or if things got really bad, we have two Pure Turbo N55s I could take. I hope it doesn't come to having to race an N55 though.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-19-2016, 10:16 PM

I won't be able to come out because of Passover. It falls on the first two nights which is the most important

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 535xi Wagon
Default 04-19-2016, 10:21 PM

Race the manual ST!! Get old school.

N54 Powered M5 Wagon:
- M5 Driveshaft, M5 LSD, M5 Axles, M5 Brakes, M5 Rear Suspension
- M5 Front End, M5 skirts, M5 Mirrors, M-Tech Rep Rear
- KW V3, RD Sport Sways, UR Strut Braces, Forgestar F14 SDC
- Manual Trans Swap, MFactory SMFW, Spec Stg 3+ Clutch, UUC SSK
- EOS Port Injection Manifold, Fuel-It: Stg 2 LPFP +Lines +Ethanol Sensor
- JB4, Hexon RR550s, Custom Inlets, AR ***, 3" Exhaust, VRSF 7" IC, ER CP, Tial BOV, RB Ext. PCV, BMS OCC
(#4)
Old
Need4Speed

Car: 2010 E90 335i M-sport
Default 04-19-2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsbwsr
Race the manual ST!! Get old school.
His 135 swap isn't done yet. I'm assuming it's at Ivan's which is why my car hasn't gotten any love in the last two weeks..

SOLD - FBO N54, Pure Turbos stage 2, TFT inlets, JB4/MHD, EOS intake manifold w/PI, Fuel-it stage 3

Last edited by PR3CI5N335i; 04-19-2016 at 11:40 PM..
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-20-2016, 07:41 AM

Yes it's been at Ivan's for around three weeks, lol. Not sure he's even started it yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#6)
Old

Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default 04-20-2016, 07:41 AM

Were gonna skip this one. Any SS events except for the last test, and tune event are honestly not worth it in my opinion, you wait sometimes 30-45 minutes between runs, and the course isn't even a true 1/2 mile. We will be taking our cars to the drag strip, while waiting for the next NFZ event.

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-20-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
I won't be able to come out because of Passover. It falls on the first two nights which is the most important
Bummer. Next time!

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-20-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
Were gonna skip this one. Any SS events except for the last test, and tune event are honestly not worth it in my opinion, you wait sometimes 30-45 minutes between runs, and the course isn't even a true 1/2 mile. We will be taking our cars to the drag strip, while waiting for the next NFZ event.
NFZ is a lot more fun. But both events have a unique feel. SS is really not great for test and tune due to the lack of runs but you do get better media exposure there.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Car: 335i xdrive
Default 04-20-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I would love to go to a track day Seder! Why is this trap speed different from all other trap speeds?

Looking forward to seeing some great results, and Terry, I envy you and the difficult decision of which crazy ride to race on Saturday.

'09 335 xdrive: JB4 G5 ISO - BMS Pump Flash - E30 / BMS DCI / VRSF DP / VRSF FMIC / BMS CP / BMS CDV / BMS Clutch Stop / ZHP Shift Knob
'07 Mustang GT/CS vert: Intake / Tune / Straight ***** / Strut Brace
'67 Jacobsen Tractor: Yardwork Toy...
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-20-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
I would love to go to a track day Seder! Why is this trap speed different from all other trap speeds?
LMAO, that was too perfect for this. I doubt many would understand hahaha. I went 2 years ago and I didn't know it fell on passover. Ugh, it was a headache taking food and coolers etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Car: 335i xdrive
Default 04-21-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
LMAO, that was too perfect for this. I doubt many would understand hahaha. I went 2 years ago and I didn't know it fell on passover. Ugh, it was a headache taking food and coolers etc.
There is an open track day near me on Sunday, but I don't know how well brisket and charoset would hold up for the day. I'll just stay home and wait for Terry to post the day's results instead.

'09 335 xdrive: JB4 G5 ISO - BMS Pump Flash - E30 / BMS DCI / VRSF DP / VRSF FMIC / BMS CP / BMS CDV / BMS Clutch Stop / ZHP Shift Knob
'07 Mustang GT/CS vert: Intake / Tune / Straight ***** / Strut Brace
'67 Jacobsen Tractor: Yardwork Toy...
(#12)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 04-21-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
Which track?
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-22-2016, 05:46 PM

We were not able to get the PURE E92 done in time. It's running but has a mystery AFR issue. Oh well, next week for that. The 135i MT swap is also still MIA.

We did get the inlets on the stock turbo 135i. They look awesome. But power on the dyno was kind of disappointing, only ~430whp, despite boost, timing, and AFR all being spot on at the ~480whp level I was expecting. Installing the inlets we noticed the turbos (which have 100k miles) had a lot of shaft play & oil leaking internally. IC was full of it. So maybe that is the reason its down on power. Anyway, I'll run this car tomorrow for kicks. And get some hybrids on it in the future.

On the plus side of things we were able to get the M5 speed limiter flashed out.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-22-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We were not able to get the PURE E92 done in time. It's running but has a mystery AFR issue. Oh well, next week for that. The 135i MT swap is also still MIA.

We did get the inlets on the stock turbo 135i. They look awesome. But power on the dyno was kind of disappointing, only ~430whp, despite boost, timing, and AFR all being spot on at the ~480whp level I was expecting. Installing the inlets we noticed the turbos (which have 100k miles) had a lot of shaft play & oil leaking internally. IC was full of it. So maybe that is the reason its down on power. Anyway, I'll run this car tomorrow for kicks. And get some hybrids on it in the future.

On the plus side of things we were able to get the M5 speed limiter flashed out.
Ahh thats no fun at all. That poor e92 is basically cursed it seems.

Anyways, where did you get the m5 flashed for speed delimiter. Everyone I talk to wants to just throw their tune on it when I just want a speed limiter removed.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Car: 2010 535i
Default 04-22-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:

You can run my car if you want and crank up the boost. I've got pure stage 2s in hand that need to go in ASAP anyway.

(#16)
Old

Car: 2011 335I
Default 04-22-2016, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Anyone planning on going?

We'll be out with 4 cars. Which 4 is still a bit up in the air as several cars are apart for various reasons. Most likely:

Jon will be racing our M5 with the speed limiter finally removed
Jason will be racing our Pure Turbo M3
Ando will be racing our stock turbo M4

I'll either be racing our Pure Turbo E92 with a new junkyard motor (currently apart), our MOTIV 135i with the MT swap done (currently apart), or our stock turbo bolt on 135i. For the stock turbo 135i we're going to install inlets and a few other mods to spice it up. For the short term our 335is has to stay stock as we're using it to CARB certify parts. If all else fails I might wind up in the B58 again or if things got really bad, we have two Pure Turbo N55s I could take. I hope it doesn't come to having to race an N55 though.
Dag Terry lol you made N55's sound like the ebola virus, guess i should just junk my car.

N55 World Record 650whp 571tq
2011 N55 335I, VM Top Mount Kit, PTE 6266 Gen 2, JB4 AMS Fmic, ER CP with BOV, FuelIt Stg3 LPFP, , PI Platinum Kit.
(#17)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 04-22-2016, 07:21 PM

I'll be there with by yonke N55 :D
(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-22-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Ahh thats no fun at all. That poor e92 is basically cursed it seems.

Anyways, where did you get the m5 flashed for speed delimiter. Everyone I talk to wants to just throw their tune on it when I just want a speed limiter removed.
It's called "BPMSport". May work with them to develop a good s63tu back end flash map. But for now, just had them remove the limiter on it, so Jon can have a little fun tomorrow.

Burger Motorsports