N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default New Fuel-It! prototype....custom fuel line and ethanol sensor. - 01-17-2015, 09:51 PM

Now that we finally have everything, we were able to get some time to do a custom fuel line and integrated "ethanol sensor."

Pretty happy how this turned out. All connections are completely stock. The new section of fuel line has 77.7% percent more flow capacity. Stock is 6mm ID, and the new one is 8mm ID.

Here are some pics.

Name:  ethanol sensor.jpg
Views: 4274
Size:  98.8 KB
Name:  line to tank.jpg
Views: 3536
Size:  93.4 KB
Name:  tank.jpg
Views: 3529
Size:  114.8 KB
Name:  connection 1.jpg
Views: 3522
Size:  63.0 KB
Name:  cobra.jpg
Views: 3743
Size:  116.8 KB

We'll run this for a little while and then get one over to Terry for JB4 integration so we can start tracking our fuel percentages.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#2)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 01-17-2015, 09:55 PM

Dude that bada$$! can't wait to see how the beta stuff goes

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-17-2015, 10:03 PM

Haha, thanks!

It's actually going to be a pretty easy install from a plumbing standpoint. A couple awkward spots, but if you follow the directions...it won't be bad. Guessing once Terry gets his hands on it, it will be pretty easy from the JB4 perspective as well.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#4)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 01-17-2015, 11:40 PM

Is this a replacement fuel line from lpfp to hpfp or an additional line running aside from the oem fuel line? What would jb4 do with this?

F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#5)
Old

Default 01-18-2015, 12:07 AM

Niiiiiice!!!!
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-18-2015, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkiedm4
Is this a replacement fuel line from lpfp to hpfp or an additional line running aside from the oem fuel line? What would jb4 do with this?
This completely replaces the stock fuel line from the tank to the entrance of the engine bay with a new one that is larger, and has the option to add an inline ethanol sensor. Everything from that point forward remains stock at this point. It's completely plug and play and you can put your stock fuel line back at any time. However, on your car....no bueno...only looking at the e-series at this point.

(#7)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 01-18-2015, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ
This completely replaces the stock fuel line from the tank to the entrance of the engine bay with a new one that is larger, and has the option to add an inline ethanol sensor. Everything from that point forward remains stock at this point. It's completely plug and play and you can put your stock fuel line back at any time. However, on your car....no bueno...only looking at the e-series at this point.
Ah ok jb4 would then read out e content from the sensor. Got it. Well currently i am more in need of hpfp flow so thats first on the priority list

Tnx for making all this possible!

F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#8)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2007 335i
Default 01-18-2015, 02:24 AM

I would like to put this I my Motiv single setup and do a DIY. Send me details.

JB4 G5, WEDGE flash, 455 LPFP, HFS-4 meth kit, BMS OCC, VM 6466 ST, RB valve, BMS DCI, 3" AR ***, Custom OC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2 exhaust DEFIV kit, KW clubsort, Delrin solid subfrane bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
(#9)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 01-18-2015, 03:47 AM

Can't wait!! Hope it doesn't stay in 'beta' for too long, should be relatively straight forward once Terry can do the read out!
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-18-2015, 11:10 AM

Am I going to get one of these as well for my kit? I want one!!!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 01-18-2015, 12:13 PM

Finally an update! Do want!!

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#12)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 01-18-2015, 01:29 PM

Badass! Funny I was literally thinking to myself I'm going to PM Steve and ask him about the possibility of including an E% sensor when I buy my bucket and then a scroll up and see your thread.

with tuning and fueling all set up now, it's certainly time for this to happen.
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-18-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976
I would like to put this I my Motiv single setup and do a DIY. Send me details.
We'll work out those details and "talk".

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink
Can't wait!! Hope it doesn't stay in 'beta' for too long, should be relatively straight forward once Terry can do the read out!
We'll be talking with him to see which car he'll be putting it on and get him one for development soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
Am I going to get one of these as well for my kit? I want one!!!
We'll "talk".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBeemah
Finally an update! Do want!!
Yessir....thanks for your patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nniftyfour
Badass! Funny I was literally thinking to myself I'm going to PM Steve and ask him about the possibility of including an E% sensor when I buy my bucket and then a scroll up and see your thread.

with tuning and fueling all set up now, it's certainly time for this to happen.
It'll be a while before this is completely integrated. I know Terry is also very busy!

(#14)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 01-18-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ
It'll be a while before this is completely integrated. I know Terry is also very busy!
That's OK, I know you guys are on it. Any thought of offering an option with a standalone gauge, or will you be publishing the scale of the sensor. How does the sensor read, ohms, voltage?

Also how accurate are these sensors?

Overall I was beginning to think the N54 development was starting to die, but now I'm getting renewed faith. If we could just master/modify the knock control we'd be pretty much golden.
(#15)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-18-2015, 06:24 PM

Yay!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-18-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
That's OK, I know you guys are on it. Any thought of offering an option with a standalone gauge, or will you be publishing the scale of the sensor. How does the sensor read, ohms, voltage?

Also how accurate are these sensors?
Yes, we have plenty of "thoughts." Time to get them done...that's another story..

The real goal here is full system integration and real time tune compensation with the JB4. At this point we are solely responsible for the plumbing and Terry will be doing the JB4 integration.

However, in the mean time we may order in a gauge and play with it a little to get an idea as to accuracy.

For those that will just want a gauge and not want integration we will look at making that available. However, once Terry gets the integration in place...no question that is going to be the way to go from not only a cost perspective but for ease of installation and implementation.

Quote:
Overall I was beginning to think the N54 development was starting to die, but now I'm getting renewed faith. If we could just master/modify the knock control we'd be pretty much golden.
No, IMO this platform is not starting to die. We are continually raising the bar and refining the process to get there. Much of this development also carries over to the N55 and we are working closely with all the major players to keep pushing forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
Yay!

(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-18-2015, 08:29 PM

Looks good! Getting it integrated to the JB4 will be on my long to-do list.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-18-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks good! Getting it integrated to the JB4 will be on my long to-do list.
Yeah...we completely understand that.

No problem though, we actually have another sensor in route so we can ship you an entire setup for development and you'll have it on hand when you're ready.

We have also made a dealer inquiry for the analyzer and digital readout so we should have one within a week or so for at least one of our development cars. We'll keep everyone posted on the progress with that.

(#19)
Old

Default 01-19-2015, 07:00 AM

Sign me up!

2011 135i - N55 - JB4 ISO - FBO + Meth + Corn
VTT JB Stage 2 with VTT Forge DV and VTT N55 Waste Gate Upgrade

Pump Gas
60' ... 1.850
1/8 MPH ... 98.06
1/4 ... 11.735
Trap ... 122.71
(#20)
Old

Car: 07 335BAi
Default 01-19-2015, 11:47 AM

Is there any benefit to having the sensor if I'm already running 100% E85?

JB4-G5 ISO w/fsb..
ER charge pipe..
BMS E85 back end flash..
Forged DV's..
5" ETS FMIC..
Gutted Stock DP's..
No sec cats..
Custom MMP inlets...
BMS Trunk Mount Meth Kit SS lines 2 nozzles CM10&7..
Walbro 255 inline The SteveAZ edition
M6 Reps, Custome Tips, Lux Angel Eyes 4..
All Wrapped in a Sparkling Graphite E92.....
ET 11.910@117.29***60' 1.851***
Full weight On 19" street tires..
(#21)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 01-19-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomaccess335
Is there any benefit to having the sensor if I'm already running 100% E85?
Yup, so you know if its really e85. You're not always getting 100% e85 from the pump. It can be e70 sometimes.

Burger Motorsports

(#22)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 135i
Default 01-19-2015, 12:30 PM

Looks pretty awesome! Going to have to pick one of these up when they're ready. Let me know whenever the JB4 integration is done and I'll add an ethanol gauge into the apps.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#23)
Old

Default 01-19-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacpro91
Looks pretty awesome! Going to have to pick one of these up when they're ready. Let me know whenever the JB4 integration is done and I'll add an ethanol gauge into the apps.
YES!!!

2011 135i - N55 - JB4 ISO - FBO + Meth + Corn
VTT JB Stage 2 with VTT Forge DV and VTT N55 Waste Gate Upgrade

Pump Gas
60' ... 1.850
1/8 MPH ... 98.06
1/4 ... 11.735
Trap ... 122.71
(#24)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 01-19-2015, 05:19 PM

Quote:
F*CK YESSSSSS!!!

Terry on the other hand, doesn't seem to be as excited as us to have this done asap.. haha, he's got new platforms to work on now.
(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-19-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Email me at bmw.fuelkits@gmail.com...lets "talk".

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink
F*CK YESSSSSS!!!

Terry on the other hand, doesn't seem to be as excited as us to have this done asap.. haha, he's got new platforms to work on now.
He's really busy...so I wouldn't take it as a lack of enthusiasm.