N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Shift Sector 10/5/13 - 10-05-2013, 06:11 PM

Hi guys,

On my way home from the track. Had a great time and the 135 ran strong. They made some changes to the runway that slowed the traps down a bit. They shortened the track to 4/10s of a mile and also switched timing equipment to a two cone average.

My best was a pretty strong 150.3mph. Their recorded traps were consistently 2+mph slower than by VBOX but since everyone was using the same timing system it doesn't really matter. Running my usual stock turbo setup, E50, 3460# race weight, etc. I had a hard time getting races for some reason and ended up having to do a couple of my runs solo! But also beat a supercharged M3, 750hp mopar, and a couple slower sub 400hp cars.

SRanch335 ran 155mph as of 4pm and Xtyper's E63 around the same speed. There were several supercharged E90 M3s running 148-152mph, and Drew's bomber was in the low 160s.

There was a home made single turbo running a motec tuning system and extra injectors but he was still trying to sort out the tuning when I left. He needs a jb4.

The only N54 causality of the day was Marcelo who had a bad meth backfire and exploded his intake manifold. Severely dented his hood too. It took a few minutes to fish all the pieces of plastic out of his engine bay. Also a scary moment when a 190mph+ Firebird lost control slowing down and flipped. Fortunately he had a full cage and the driver wasn't seriously hurt.

Will add some photos and more info later.

SRanch335 videos:

Longboarder:

Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-05-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hi guys,

On my way home from the track. Had a great time and the 135 ran strong. They shortened the track to 4/10s of a mile and switched timing equipment to a two cone average but managed a strong 150.3mph stock turbo. Fwiw it was 153 on my vbox.

Sranch335 ran 155 as of 4pm and Eric's e63 around the world same. Supercharged m3s 148-152, drew low 160s.

The only only causality of the day was marcello who had a bad meth backfire and exploded his intake manifold. Dented up his hood too.

There was a home made single turbo running a motec tuning system and extra injectors but he was still trying to sort out the tuning when I left. He needs a jb4.

Wooah, I had no clue you were back to stock turbos. One thing I read on bimmerboost I wasn't too sure of. Are you going with a single setup instead of the Vargas st3?

Anyways, i really curious to see some videos and some pics. Esp of the custom single, that's sick! Tune that motec up for him Terry, it should be easier than the jb4 no?
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-05-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
Wooah, I had no clue you were back to stock turbos. One thing I read on bimmerboost I wasn't too sure of. Are you going with a single setup instead of the Vargas st3?

Anyways, i really curious to see some videos and some pics. Esp of the custom single, that's sick! Tune that motec up for him Terry, it should be easier than the jb4 no?
Yes for various reasons decided to switch over to FFTEC hardware. I'll post more about it when we have some results.

IMHO the motec is a waste of time and completely wrong for the application. He is just running it to control his injectors & boost and then doing half the tuning via Cobb. But since the motec can't read CAN data it can't integrate properly. He's new to the platform so I got him pointed in the right direction. His turbo looks pretty decent, very similar to FFTEC. I guess they are a fabrication shop.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-05-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Yes for various reasons decided to switch over to FFTEC hardware. I'll post more about it when we have some results.

IMHO the motec is a waste of time and completely wrong for the application.
Woah interesting to hear about the large single. I would think the motec would be a waste of time as well with all the different ways you can go with tuning this motor. It's not like the S54...

We need to meet up sometime btw :D. Alpinedevil335 helped me and showed me how to log and stuff. I just need to do the BB BMS flash now.
(#5)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 10-05-2013, 09:30 PM

@Terry@BMS congratz on the 150 mph pass! Sounds like you had some good runs. Too bad my cars intake manifold exploded on my first run lol. Racing out there is always fun
(#6)
Old

Car: 2008 335I
Default 10-05-2013, 10:23 PM

Just got home. I will post up some videos when I get a chance.

Car ran great thanks to Terry! It ran strong all day with no issues. I too had a hard time lining up races for some reason. Here were my races today and I will post up some videos asap. I strongly believe losing weight was a huge help in many of the races. The first GTR I raced today I beat the last Shift Sector by a car or two. This time around he was upgraded with an exhaust and a tune and the only change I had was weight reduction and improved tuning by Terry. I was still able to beat him by a fender.

1st Race - GTR w/ a tune 520whp: lost by 10 buses; mis-shifted 2nd to 3rd
2nd Race - same GTR: won by a fender
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjh8r...iBinomem5X5JJw

3rd Race - Xtyper's E63: lost by 4 cars at least
http://www.youtube.com/edit?ns=1&video_id=tsfAYNsUMwI

4th Race - E92 M3 with ESS Supercharger: won
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAl3w9gxcCo

5th Race - Longboarders ESS Supercharged E92 M3: won by a little bit, but we go back and forth all the time...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOJpfxnHeQQ

6th Race - 2012 Cobra Shelby GT500 Kenne Bell 750 whp; dead even both trapping 154

7th Race - 2012 GTR 520whp: won by a few cars

All the cars I raced were automatic/DCT trans besides the Cobra.
Videos will be up soon.

Last edited by sranch335i; 10-06-2013 at 09:00 AM..
(#7)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 10-05-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sranch335i

Videos will be up soon.
(#8)
Old

Car: bmw 335i
Default 10-05-2013, 11:09 PM

Damn you took down quite a few badass cars.

Whats your mod list Sranch?

VRSF 5" FMIC, VRSF *********, BMS DCI, JB4 G5 ISO, RB Turbos, BMS Flash, Muffler Delete
(#9)
Old

Default 10-05-2013, 11:22 PM

JB4 G5, FBO, Meth, RB's, 6MT and tuning by BMS.

Terry, here are the links. Feel free to move them.

Last edited by sranch335i; 10-05-2013 at 11:38 PM..
(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-06-2013, 01:05 AM

Quote:

Nice runs man! What was your average trap speed??
(#11)
Old

Car: 2007 e92 335i
Default 10-06-2013, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Hi guys,

On my way home from the track. Had a great time and the 135 ran strong. They made some changes to the runway that slowed the traps down a bit. They shortened the track to 4/10s of a mile and also switched timing equipment to a two cone average.

My best was a pretty strong 150.3mph. Their recorded traps were consistently 2+mph slower than by VBOX but since everyone was using the same timing system it doesn't really matter. Running my usual stock turbo setup, E50, 3460# race weight, etc. I had a hard time getting races for some reason and ended up having to do a couple of my runs solo! But also beat a supercharged M3, 750hp mopar, and a couple slower sub 400hp cars.

SRanch335 ran 155mph as of 4pm and Xtyper's E63 around the same speed. There were several supercharged E90 M3s running 148-152mph, and Drew's bomber was in the low 160s.

The only N54 causality of the day was Marcelo who had a bad meth backfire and exploded his intake manifold. Severely dented his hood too. It took a few minutes to fish all the pieces of plastic out of his engine bay. Also a scary moment when a 190mph+ Firebird lost control slowing down and flipped. Fortunately he had a full cage and the driver wasn't seriously hurt.

How did the methback fire happen? What can be done to prevent this?
(#12)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 10-06-2013, 05:52 AM

lol, what s/c m3s lost
(#13)
Old

Default 10-06-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
Nice runs man! What was your average trap speed??
best was 155 and most were around 153 154.

Last edited by sranch335i; 10-06-2013 at 09:02 AM..
(#14)
Old

Car: 135i, 2010, N55, DCT
Default 10-06-2013, 08:02 AM

Sranch335i, You car is a beast. Well done and shifting like a Boss there. Terry for stock turbos the 135i is flying. What is this distance in meters (m)?

N55 DCT, 135i, 12.00@116.2, W/O Meth
,12.01@119.3, With Meth
,11.91@119.025 added BMS Intake
,12.10@115 e85 + ISO
390whp@497 - 0.60 in 3.75sec
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-06-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2nice
How did the methback fire happen? What can be done to prevent this?
I've only heard of it once before years ago. He's running lots of meth (it's an Aquamist dual nozzle setup) and was using the NLS and it blew up during the 4->5 shift. Somehow it must have back fired and kicked a spark back in to the intake manifold.

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-06-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:

Added the two videos to the first post. Have any others?

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 10-06-2013, 08:34 AM

Okay...thats all i got, my disc got full because we waited so long in line

Last edited by sranch335i; 10-06-2013 at 08:53 AM..
(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-06-2013, 08:55 AM

Ah bummer I wanted to see the one of you "beating" Xtyper.

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Default 10-06-2013, 08:58 AM

We never ran again...next time I'll start in 3rd gear. We were more interested in finding hydration...food truck left at 3 , not that it had any drinks left anyway . We searched the desert for a garden hose but no luck. I was contemplating drinking the meth or the 100 octane I had.
(#20)
Old

Default 10-06-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Master
Sranch335i, You car is a beast. Well done and shifting like a Boss there. Terry for stock turbos the 135i is flying. What is this distance in meters (m)?
Thanks! The No Lift Shift is a huge help against these DCT's.
(#21)
Old

Car: 750I
Default 10-06-2013, 09:09 AM

What set up did the e63 have

2018 BMW F90 M5 - Dme Stage 2 D/P & mid pipe
2014 BMW 650 dme tune - Gone
2012 BMW 750i M Sport - JB Beta - Gone
2011 BMW 135 - JB tuned - Gone
2008 BMW 535i - Jb tuned - Gone
(#22)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-06-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
We never ran again...next time I'll start in 3rd gear. We were more interested in finding hydration...food truck left at 3 , not that it had any drinks left anyway . We searched the desert for a garden hose but no luck. I was contemplating drinking the meth or the 100 octane I had.
Haha I left the track around 4pm and took a wrong turn, and got to explore "down town" Coalinga trying to find my way back towards the 5 freeway. There was a gas station and even a Burger King there. Not a bad little town.

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old

Default 10-06-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Added the two videos to the first post. Have any others?
just added two more...one with longboarder and one with raffael

I took alot of pictures of some amazing rides, I'll post those as soon as I edit them.
(#24)
Old

Default 10-06-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F01Boost
What set up did the e63 have
Renntech Tune and I think thats it. I thought I saw him eating a TV dinner while he was pulling away from me...dam nice car...
(#25)
Old

Car: 750I
Default 10-06-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Renntech Tune and I think thats it. I thought I saw him eating a TV dinner while he was pulling away from me...dam nice car...

It was the twin turbo one or the n/a?

2018 BMW F90 M5 - Dme Stage 2 D/P & mid pipe
2014 BMW 650 dme tune - Gone
2012 BMW 750i M Sport - JB Beta - Gone
2011 BMW 135 - JB tuned - Gone
2008 BMW 535i - Jb tuned - Gone