N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#701)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,268
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 03-07-2020, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekans
George if you're out there,
How accurate is the e85 reading on our cars? Does it mean anything?

I recently started looking at logs and noticed that sometimes mine reads 0, sometimes 12ish, and sometimes as high as 48. When I spotted the 48 it worried me because I've never tried to pump any e85, and all the pumps here are marked e10.

Also are there any recommendations about running e85 mixes? Or is the stock engine best staying away?
Ignore it for now. We trying to get a virtual reading working but not having much success as this stage.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#702)
Old
Vadellas Vadellas is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 9
Join Date: Aug 2019
Car: Skoda 1.8 ea888
Default 03-08-2020, 01:47 PM

Hello George. Do you have any plans to do something for DSG?
Reply With Quote
(#703)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,268
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 03-08-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadellas
Hello George. Do you have any plans to do something for DSG?
No plans for a DSG flash.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#704)
Old
ZuMBLe ZuMBLe is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 40
Join Date: Nov 2018
Car: VW Alltrack
Default 03-08-2020, 05:04 PM

How do we get the JB4 (android) app to see the latest firmware? It's only showing the previous firmware as an option to download.
Reply With Quote
(#705)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,268
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 03-11-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuMBLe
How do we get the JB4 (android) app to see the latest firmware? It's only showing the previous firmware as an option to download.
App developer needs to do a fix for that.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#706)
Old
luke_s3 luke_s3 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Mar 2020
Car: '17 S3 Sportback
Default 03-12-2020, 06:02 AM

Hi, installed a JB4 in my S3 FL last week. I updated to latest firmware and put it on Map 4 as it is mapped with the 7 speed in mind, what exactly does the taper at higher rpms do for this map?

I'm wanting to know whether Map 2 or 3 produces more power/or is more aggressive than that of Map 4.

Also, has anyone here tried launch control but their boost gauge no longer goes to around 100% in the VC? Instead it only reaches about 80% max boost in the gauge?
Reply With Quote
(#707)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,268
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 03-12-2020, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke_s3
Hi, installed a JB4 in my S3 FL last week. I updated to latest firmware and put it on Map 4 as it is mapped with the 7 speed in mind, what exactly does the taper at higher rpms do for this map?

I'm wanting to know whether Map 2 or 3 produces more power/or is more aggressive than that of Map 4.

Also, has anyone here tried launch control but their boost gauge no longer goes to around 100% in the VC? Instead it only reaches about 80% max boost in the gauge?
On the 7 speed Haldex cars we are forced to taper boost as the car has issues only when launch control is used.
When using it you are seeing less boost as the JB4 is fooling the ECU to build more than stock of the line.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#708)
Old
Ketchup Ketchup is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2020
Car: 2018 VW GTI S w/DSG
Default 03-15-2020, 01:51 PM

Hi!
I just installed my JB4 on my 2018 VW GTI S w/DSG. I drove it around for about 10 miles and didn't get to really get on it due to the weather.

What map will it run for a new install and what should I notice?

Does it take a while to "learn"?

Were does the Bluetooth module plug in and do I need to route that through the firewall, too? (going to get it in about a week.)

Thank you!
In California on 91 gas.
Reply With Quote
(#709)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,268
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 03-15-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchup
Hi!
I just installed my JB4 on my 2018 VW GTI S w/DSG. I drove it around for about 10 miles and didn't get to really get on it due to the weather.

What map will it run for a new install and what should I notice?

Does it take a while to "learn"?

Were does the Bluetooth module plug in and do I need to route that through the firewall, too? (going to get it in about a week.)

Thank you!
In California on 91 gas.
It ships in map 1 which is good for 91.
Below 170F water temperature the JB4 is inactive so on a short ride potentially the car was still cold and you wouldnt notice any difference to stock.

Here is a install guide for the BT, no need to route anything with that: https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/d...ide+1-5-19.pdf


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#710)
Old
Ketchup Ketchup is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2020
Car: 2018 VW GTI S w/DSG
Default 03-15-2020, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
It ships in map 1 which is good for 91.
Below 170F water temperature the JB4 is inactive so on a short ride potentially the car was still cold and you wouldnt notice any difference to stock.

Here is a install guide for the BT, no need to route anything with that: https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/d...ide+1-5-19.pdf
OK. Thank you!
I'll go drive around and get it warmed up and see what I see.
I just watched the BT install video on Youtoube. Simple install :-)
Reply With Quote
(#711)
Old
Ketchup Ketchup is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2020
Car: 2018 VW GTI S w/DSG
Default 03-16-2020, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
It ships in map 1 which is good for 91.
Below 170F water temperature the JB4 is inactive so on a short ride potentially the car was still cold and you wouldnt notice any difference to stock.

Here is a install guide for the BT, no need to route anything with that: https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/d...ide+1-5-19.pdf
Got it really warmed up. Long straight road and needed to pass some....one word...WOW!

Thank you!
Reply With Quote
(#712)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,268
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 03-16-2020, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchup
Got it really warmed up. Long straight road and needed to pass some....one word...WOW!

Thank you!


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#713)
Old
passatvr6 passatvr6 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2020
Car: VW
Default 03-16-2020, 04:13 PM

Hello George,

Does Map 4 put our more power than Map 2 up top above 5000rpm?

Let's be honest..power under the curve above 5K is all that matters
Reply With Quote
(#714)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,268
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 03-16-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passatvr6
Hello George,

Does Map 4 put our more power than Map 2 up top above 5000rpm?

Let's be honest..power under the curve above 5K is all that matters
Map2 would be a bit stronger.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#715)
Old
ZuMBLe ZuMBLe is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 40
Join Date: Nov 2018
Car: VW Alltrack
Default 03-17-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
App developer needs to do a fix for that.
This looks to be fixed in the app now. This is why I love you guys. Great support.
Reply With Quote
(#716)
Old
ZuMBLe ZuMBLe is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 40
Join Date: Nov 2018
Car: VW Alltrack
Default 03-17-2020, 09:26 PM

George,

I think I found a problem with the latest firmware. The JB4 app log says I pushed 33 psi of boost, then the JB4 kicked me in to map 8. This is all when I was in map zero. Sent you the log.

There is no way the sensor actually saw 33 psi or passed a 33 psi signal on to the ECU because my timing would have bottomed out and my FP_H would have took a nose dive. I'm sure the car would have felt like a damn rocketship before the motor blew up too.
Reply With Quote
(#717)
Old
drsnowmon drsnowmon is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2020
Car: 2019 Golf GTI
Default 03-18-2020, 11:51 AM

I looked everywhere on this forum but could not find my answer
The question I have is, can I run map 3 and change the boost from:

map 3

from
1500 - 15
2000 - 16
2500 - 17

to
1500 - 16
2000 - 17
2500 - 18

I have mk7.5 GTI, always running on 93 octane

Thanks,
Reply With Quote
(#718)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,268
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 03-18-2020, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnowmon
I looked everywhere on this forum but could not find my answer
The question I have is, can I run map 3 and change the boost from:

map 3

from
1500 - 15
2000 - 16
2500 - 17

to
1500 - 16
2000 - 17
2500 - 18

I have mk7.5 GTI, always running on 93 octane

Thanks,
Hi,

Map 3 is a preset map and wont allow for boost changes.
What you are seeing in that chart is the boost the JB4 uses when map 6 is selected.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#719)
Old
drsnowmon drsnowmon is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2020
Car: 2019 Golf GTI
Thumbs up 03-18-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Hi,

Map 3 is a preset map and wont allow for boost changes.
What you are seeing in that chart is the boost the JB4 uses when map 6 is selected.
Reply With Quote
(#720)
Old
Ringo_Stingo Ringo_Stingo is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2020
Car: 2019 VW Alltrack
Default 03-22-2020, 12:12 PM

On my 2019 DSG Alltrack, additive maps seem to build more boost, at lower RPMs...which works well for the serpentine roads, in this area. Below is one Map6 config that I'm using with seemingly good results, with little or no ign correction, w/ 93 oct. This map seems a bit stronger than map 2 or 4, under 4500 RPM. Anyone try a similar map? A similar config, with a bit more boost, up to 3500 seems better still, but might too much.
1500 - 1.6
2000 - 2.1
2500 - 3.0
3000 - 4.0
3500 - 4.0
4000 - 5.0
4500 - 5.5
5000 - 5.5
5500 - 5.5
5500 - 5.0
6000 - 4.5
6500 - 4.0
7000 - 4.0
Reply With Quote
(#721)
Old
drsnowmon drsnowmon is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2020
Car: 2019 Golf GTI
Thumbs up 03-23-2020, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo_Stingo
On my 2019 DSG Alltrack, additive maps seem to build more boost, at lower RPMs...which works well for the serpentine roads, in this area. Below is one Map6 config that I'm using with seemingly good results, with little or no ign correction, w/ 93 oct. This map seems a bit stronger than map 2 or 4, under 4500 RPM. Anyone try a similar map? A similar config, with a bit more boost, up to 3500 seems better still, but might too much.
1500 - 1.6
2000 - 2.1
2500 - 3.0
3000 - 4.0
3500 - 4.0
4000 - 5.0
4500 - 5.5
5000 - 5.5
5500 - 5.5
5500 - 5.0
6000 - 4.5
6500 - 4.0
7000 - 4.0
Hello Ringo_Stingo,

Those numbers look very interesting and aggressive which I like. Do you have any mods other than the JB4? Also can you interpret it for me in total psi? My JB4 mobile app I'm using does not show additive psi so my numbers are like 15, 16, 18, 20....

Thanks,
Reply With Quote
(#722)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,268
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 03-23-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnowmon
Hello Ringo_Stingo,

Those numbers look very interesting and aggressive which I like. Do you have any mods other than the JB4? Also can you interpret it for me in total psi? My JB4 mobile app I'm using does not show additive psi so my numbers are like 15, 16, 18, 20....

Thanks,
The values you have are absolute targeting. The ones in the post above are additive so boost value over ECU request. You can punch them in and see what the total boost is in the display or you can run a log. Total boost will vary based on intake temperature as the ECU targets torque using intake temp as one of the parameters in the calculation algorithm.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#723)
Old
Ringo_Stingo Ringo_Stingo is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2020
Car: 2019 VW Alltrack
Default 03-23-2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
The values you have are absolute targeting. The ones in the post above are additive so boost value over ECU request. You can punch them in and see what the total boost is in the display or you can run a log. Total boost will vary based on intake temperature as the ECU targets torque using intake temp as one of the parameters in the calculation algorithm.
George,
I recall that you said Map4 is additive. Can you please confirm that Map2 is also additive? Are the targets from my Map6 higher than Map2, under 4000 RPM?
Thank you
Reply With Quote
(#724)
Old
George @ BMS's Avatar
George @ BMS George @ BMS is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,268
Join Date: Aug 2009
Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 03-23-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo_Stingo
George,
I recall that you said Map4 is additive. Can you please confirm that Map2 is also additive? Are the targets from my Map6 higher than Map2, under 4000 RPM?
Thank you
Map 1 to 4 are all additive.

Similar to yours. They starts with 2 and by 2500 are at 3.


2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Reply With Quote
(#725)
Old
drsnowmon drsnowmon is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2020
Car: 2019 Golf GTI
Default 03-23-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
The values you have are absolute targeting. The ones in the post above are additive so boost value over ECU request. You can punch them in and see what the total boost is in the display or you can run a log. Total boost will vary based on intake temperature as the ECU targets torque using intake temp as one of the parameters in the calculation algorithm.
Thanks for your explanation that makes sense
Also for someone who has MK7.5, 93 octane, no mods, is it safe to set peak boost higher than 23 by raising failsafe psi higher?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com