N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: E92
Default Need help with logs new ST - 02-23-2019, 03:35 PM

New to the forum and finished a single turbo install.
to prevent confusion I did not realize we had a log and review section so please disregard my indentical post on the single turbo thread.

MY car a E92. Spec2+ and a aluminum flywheel. I have a single Walboro 450 lpfp currently. I have one step colder NGKr plugs gapped at 0.023".
For the tune im running a JB4 and MHD ST E85 Bef. I fill up with E60-70.
Purchased and installed On3 gt35 journal bearing kit. I have a 12pound spring on order but there kit comes with a 7pound spring that I have currently installed. And PR coils.

I drove around on Map 1 to break everything in for almost 500miles, and make sure my plumbing on the mac solenoid is good. Found free time and a private place to move forward with map2 and log. I logged about five runs and have included the best one of the day. My boost raises to almost 16psi before it dives and im not sure why. I see bank one afr is a bit hectic and possibly my sensor is failing. Can someone help me and take a look at this log and give me a bit of advice.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2 22 19.csv (12.2 KB, 70 views)
(#2)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-23-2019, 05:58 PM

Not sure 100% sure if related but turn off all meth settings
(#3)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default 02-23-2019, 06:04 PM

I will try ,I jist tried a log and still the same so I definetly will give it a shot in a few

e92 MT 08
Single T
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
E85 100/
(#4)
Old

Default 02-23-2019, 06:41 PM

All meth settings are off on this log
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2 22 19 a.csv (10.3 KB, 63 views)
(#5)
Old

Default 02-23-2019, 06:44 PM

I also reconnected my clutch wire and turned off FUD settings. The two step on a single is to just to good.
(#6)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-23-2019, 08:19 PM

Pid Gain should be set at 25. I think u need bigger spring. FF dwp pretty high.
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 02-23-2019, 10:40 PM

I’d cruise around on map 1 for the time being- swap in the heavier spring when you get it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 02-24-2019, 05:48 AM

Thanks for that guys. Just a wairimg game for the time being
(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-24-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepEddy
Thanks for that guys. Just a wairimg game for the time being

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10)
Old

Default 03-01-2019, 06:23 PM

I finally replaced my old 0.5 bar spring with a new 0.8 bar spring a bit over 11 pounds. And i most definetly fell the diffrence . I attached two logs for some advice or pointers. I brought my plug gaps down to 0.019" and turned meth on all maps.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 3 1 19 b.csv (10.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: csv 3 1 19 a.csv (12.5 KB, 60 views)
(#11)
Old

Car: 09 335xi
Default 03-02-2019, 08:01 AM

slight overboost, all the lines on the pressure side of the solenoid straight and not pinched or bent? I had to use a 90 adaptor off my compressor housing because it was bending my vac line with the filter on and causing me to overboost by 2 psi.
(#12)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-02-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
I finally replaced my old 0.5 bar spring with a new 0.8 bar spring a bit over 11 pounds. And i most definetly fell the diffrence . I attached two logs for some advice or pointers. I brought my plug gaps down to 0.019" and turned meth on all maps.
Set your DB to 50 across the board in your user adjustment settings

Relog

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 03-02-2019, 08:40 AM

Will double check the lines . I need to replace with stainless steer one's, very very near future. Going outside to change settings to 50, will relog in the morning. Thanks you Dave and hyaboosta.
(#14)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-02-2019, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Will double check the lines . I need to replace with stainless steer one's, very very near future. Going outside to change settings to 50, will relog in the morning. Thanks you Dave and hyaboosta.

Burger Motorsports