N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#401)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2018, 11:45 AM

You mean relative to flash maps? The biggest difference is we're not flashing the car which leaves a permanent trace within the ECU and other vehicles modules, even if flashed back to stock later.

The JB4 is also 50-state emissions legal.

And in terms of power gains, I believe they are very similar.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#402)
Old

Car: 2018 F150 3.5/2019 A4 Allroad 2.0t B9
Default 12-28-2018, 10:36 AM

Terry- Just got the JB4 for my new F150 with the 3.5- it really has awaken the truck up and it hauls my butt quite well! If something where to happen (Rod throws into block etc) or I need to take the truck in to the dealer- what do you recommend I do before taking it in, other then removing the tune and clearing codes.
(#403)
Old

Car: 2018 F-150 Limited
Default 12-28-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher_Allrad
Terry- Just got the JB4 for my new F150 with the 3.5- it really has awaken the truck up and it hauls my butt quite well! If something where to happen (Rod throws into block etc) or I need to take the truck in to the dealer- what do you recommend I do before taking it in, other then removing the tune and clearing codes.
What Map are you running 1 or 2?

For your question, If you have to take your truck in for any engine/trans, or recall for related performance issues I would take the JB4 box out, I would leave and hide the one wire very well that goes thru the firewall and call it a day. But thinking again if they lift the hood for even a simple repair or recall they would spot the JB4 box, so safest bet take it out for any visit (simple) the very least put it back to Map-0
(#404)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-28-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
If you throw a rod running higher than factory power levels don't ask the dealer to fix that for you. But on the JB4 end you can remove it as easily as you installed it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#405)
Old

Default 12-28-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you throw a rod running higher than factory power levels don't ask the dealer to fix that for you. But on the JB4 end you can remove it as easily as you installed it.
I was only kidding. So similar to TD1 in the VW/Audi world- does ford have any way of flagging us even with the system taken off?
(#406)
Old

Default 12-28-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoldak
What Map are you running 1 or 2?

For your question, If you have to take your truck in for any engine/trans, or recall for related performance issues I would take the JB4 box out, I would leave and hide the one wire very well that goes thru the firewall and call it a day. But thinking again if they lift the hood for even a simple repair or recall they would spot the JB4 box, so safest bet take it out for any visit (simple) the very least put it back to Map-0

I'm running map 5. Lmao

Yeah I don't want to risk anything. I would clear codes, remove tune and all the wiring. Just wanted to know if there was anything else I needed to do.
(#407)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-28-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
I was only kidding. So similar to TD1 in the VW/Audi world- does ford have any way of flagging us even with the system taken off?
Not come across any!

Burger Motorsports

(#408)
Old

Car: 16 BMW M4
Default 01-05-2019, 01:48 PM

On a side note the E85 calculator that was posted a few pages back doesn't work anymore. Anyone have another one that works well?
(#409)
Old

Car: 2015 ecoboost f150
Default 01-05-2019, 07:15 PM

Is there still any plans for 2015-16 platforms?
(#410)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-05-2019, 07:34 PM

Yes any day now. Harnesses are in production.

Burger Motorsports

(#411)
Old

Car: 2015 ecoboost f150
Default 01-05-2019, 09:33 PM

Cool thanks man
(#412)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 01-09-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
What's going on with this? I have a 2015 3.5L f150. Asked about this like a year ago. I'd buy one.
(#413)
Old

Default 01-13-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Post an update when you can please.
(#414)
Old

Car: X6 35i
Default 01-13-2019, 07:39 PM

Hey guys, I've added the S&B intake as well as the Corsa Sport Exhaust system. Any recommendations on tuning/map adjustments? Running 93 consistently if that helps... Thanks in advance!

Also, I have noticeably more aggressive shifts into 5th gear. I read that some have had their firmware updated from Ford and it has helped the shifting issues a great deal. Any experience with this?

Last edited by SKYHI; 01-13-2019 at 07:50 PM..
(#415)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-13-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm5596
What's going on with this? I have a 2015 3.5L f150. Asked about this like a year ago. I'd buy one.
We're waiting for them to show up but if you're in a huge hurry we could custom make one, email payam@burgertuning.com to request it.

Burger Motorsports

(#416)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-13-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYHI
Hey guys, I've added the S&B intake as well as the Corsa Sport Exhaust system. Any recommendations on tuning/map adjustments? Running 93 consistently if that helps... Thanks in advance!

Also, I have noticeably more aggressive shifts into 5th gear. I read that some have had their firmware updated from Ford and it has helped the shifting issues a great deal. Any experience with this?
Grab a log on map2 and let's see how it looks!

Burger Motorsports

(#417)
Old

Default 01-14-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
We're waiting for them to show up but if you're in a huge hurry we could custom make one, email payam@burgertuning.com to request it.
Not in a HUGE hurry, but I definitely want one. Works the same as the n54 one as far as steering wheel controls and such?
(#418)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-14-2019, 08:50 AM

No in dash controls yet, done via the app.

Burger Motorsports

(#419)
Old

Default 01-14-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Grab a log on map2 and let's see how it looks!
Please see attached sir, hope this provides you with the info needed to accurately assess with S&B and Corsa Sport exhaust.

FYI - No hard shift into 5th gear on this run, this was WOT of course. I'm noticing/experiencing the hard shifts into 5th during regular driving/acceleration in sport mode. Thanks again Terry!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-01-14 18_23_31 Map-2.csv (10.2 KB, 117 views)

Last edited by SKYHI; 01-14-2019 at 06:55 PM..
(#420)
Old

Default Bluetooth Disconnecting - 01-17-2019, 08:05 AM

Hey Terry, installed my buddy Shannon’s (he may have reached out as well) JB4 in his Raptor last night and his Bluetooth keeps disconnecting. Any thoughts?

Last edited by SKYHI; 01-17-2019 at 09:05 AM..
(#421)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-17-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYHI
Please see attached sir, hope this provides you with the info needed to accurately assess with S&B and Corsa Sport exhaust.

FYI - No hard shift into 5th gear on this run, this was WOT of course. I'm noticing/experiencing the hard shifts into 5th during regular driving/acceleration in sport mode. Thanks again Terry!
Hmm the log itself looks OK, I don't see any issues at the shifts in terms of boost, timing, and AFR.

On your friend disconnecting for app specific stuff Donnie is best for support: orders@jb4connectkit.com

Burger Motorsports

(#422)
Old

Default 01-18-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Hmm the log itself looks OK, I don't see any issues at the shifts in terms of boost, timing, and AFR.

On your friend disconnecting for app specific stuff Donnie is best for support: orders@jb4connectkit.com
Thanks Terry! Yea there was no experience of hard shifting into 5th on this run/log. However, it's very noticeable during casual driving in sport mode.

As for bluetooth connectivity, Donnie replied requesting the box not be place near the battery or other metal as this may be affecting the connection. I'll try relocating the board/BT kit but would imagine it will be hard to avoid metal under the hood. I'm thinking there may be an issue with wiring or the BT adapter may be bad considering I have mine in the same place next to the battery as shown in the install instructions and have had no issues personally. Thanks again for the help and I'll keep you guys posted...
(#423)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-18-2019, 01:17 PM

Donnie can swap the adapter itself for you if you'd like. Ours is close to the battery and generally not an issue, although sometimes firmware updates take longer. Once we had to hold the phone close to the device to get it to fully update.

Does the hard shifting come up on every map?

Burger Motorsports

(#424)
Old

Car: 335i
Send a message via MSN to Mata
Default 01-25-2019, 12:32 PM

sorry if this has been posted before. been looking all over for a 91 octane tune with no additional mods but could not find any. does anybody have one of those that they can show?
(#425)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-25-2019, 02:15 PM

JB4 map1 makes for a great 91 octane tune! We run it all the time on our trucks.

Burger Motorsports