N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-24-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt0407
I've always been one to do my own personal testing and not go by what the Internet says can, or can not be done.
Yea I have logged before and after. No effects at all in any gear I'm in whether at start up, on boost, cruising out of boost, WOT, etc...
So for me. And for my car. I do not need the vacuum cans. And I'm on a custom map @ 22psi on stock snails.
(#27)
Old

Car: Bmw
Default 05-24-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dub
Yea I have logged before and after. No effects at all in any gear I'm in whether at start up, on boost, cruising out of boost, WOT, etc...
So for me. And for my car. I do not need the vacuum cans. And I'm on a custom map @ 22psi on stock snails.
I was on a custom map 27-28 psi stock turbos.
(#28)
Old

Car: BMW 335i Sedan
Default 08-20-2017, 07:37 PM

The primary purpose of the canisters is to insure full vacuum at low RPM. Secondary is to provide constant vacuum in the case of any fluctuations. That is why you don't really see any loss of power after removing them because the boost doesn't kick in at idle anyway. It's over engineering to put a fail safe into place "just in case". But the day you remove them may be the day you need them. There are after market generic canisters you can by that make relocation easier. But honestly, you would probably only see a need for them if you needed boost on start up, which you shouldn't.
(#29)
Old

Car: 2010 535i M-Sport
Default 08-22-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassinsix
The primary purpose of the canisters is to insure full vacuum at low RPM. Secondary is to provide constant vacuum in the case of any fluctuations. That is why you don't really see any loss of power after removing them because the boost doesn't kick in at idle anyway. It's over engineering to put a fail safe into place "just in case". But the day you remove them may be the day you need them. There are after market generic canisters you can by that make relocation easier. But honestly, you would probably only see a need for them if you needed boost on start up, which you shouldn't.
As your first post, you necro'd a thread from more than a year ago.

In between then and now, we've all found that you can just run one OEM canister and its perfectly fine with a T. Hell you can technically delete them with no huge issues honestly.

Welcome though!

'15 435i ///M Sport
CTS Intake VRSF CP/Race FMIC/DP/TIC MST Inlet xHP S3 3.5 TMAP Wedge Tune in process
(#30)
Old

Car: 09' 135i M Sport Manual
Default 11-28-2018, 10:50 PM

Thought Id restart this thread alittle.. anyone have any negative side effects from deleting them??? Thanks.

"BUT DID YOU DIE?"
(#31)
Old

Car: 2009 335i M-Sport
Default 11-29-2018, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_E30
Thought Id restart this thread alittle.. anyone have any negative side effects from deleting them??? Thanks.
I don't have em and I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. I also have relocated inlets for what its worth
(#32)
Old

Default 11-29-2018, 12:17 PM

Same I removed mine but I have no way to double check.. figured I’d see about anyone else since this thread died two years ago. Thanks

"BUT DID YOU DIE?"
(#33)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default 12-02-2018, 06:15 PM

I have been running 2 years without canisters with no issues I drove 75 miles every day.

e92 MT 08
Single T
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
E85 100/
(#34)
Old

Default 12-05-2018, 08:26 PM

Sweet thanks!!