N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#376)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-05-2018, 07:25 PM

Mileage is the same as stock under normal driving, it's illegal to modify tuning to try to improve mileage as it generally leads to increased emissions of one sort or another.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#377)
Old

Car: 2018 F-150 Limited
Default 11-08-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Mileage is the same as stock under normal driving, it's illegal to modify tuning to try to improve mileage as it generally leads to increased emissions of one sort or another.
Ok thanks, Makes sense!

One more question I saw over on Hyundai thread and you stated:

"Warmup protection is already built in, boost is stock until water temp is > 170F. We'll expand that to include oil temperature soon.......

Is this protection with us as well? And while I have you here, any update on getting rid of the speed limiter....
(#378)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-08-2018, 09:16 PM

Yes the same warmup production is in the EcoBoost JB4 too.

Have not had a chance to work on limiter, sorry.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#379)
Old

Default 11-28-2018, 11:40 AM

No ability to modify throttle response?
In my opinion stock feels sluggish in normal mode and I don't like how sport likes to not downshift.
Throttle response of sport with shifting logic of normal or something in between would be nice.
(#380)
Old

Default 11-28-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstBMWLA
In my opinion stock feels sluggish in normal mode and I don't like how sport likes to not downshift.
Throttle response of sport with shifting logic of normal or something in between would be nice.
The pedal Commander he has should take care of that and you can set that up multiple ways to your liking
(#381)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-28-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstBMWLA
This is what you need for that.

http://www.burgertuning.com/BMS_PEDAL_TUNER.html

I guarantee you'll love it.

On the Raptor JB4 news, found some new logging channels, and working with Fuel-IT on more advanced E85 integration and mapping. I know it's been quiet here lately but stuff is happening on the F150 development front!

Burger Motorsports

(#382)
Old

Default 11-28-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
This is what you need for that.

http://www.burgertuning.com/BMS_PEDAL_TUNER.html

I guarantee you'll love it.

On the Raptor JB4 news, found some new logging channels, and working with Fuel-IT on more advanced E85 integration and mapping. I know it's been quiet here lately but stuff is happening on the F150 development front!
I ment to say the pedal tuner you guys have Terry for sure!!!! Glad you guys are working on some goodies for us F150 guys and Yes it has been very quite in here
(#383)
Old

Car: F150 eco_C7 GS_Golf R
Talking 2018 F150 3.5 - 11-30-2018, 11:54 AM

Fella's

Just want to chime in hear and note that I added the JB4, Map1 to my F150 a few weeks ago. It is not a daily driver, however it is damned hard to not put my foot to the floor every now and then if I am driving it! Fifteen minutes-ish install, mostly to make sure I hooked up the connectors correctly and then routed the OBD2 connection through the fire wall.

First impressions,,, wait, wait for it... . As I think Terry said somewhere, it is what it should have been from the factory. Pulls with some Aplomb, smiling.... Very nice Terry, thank you!

Factory air filter housing so far, running on 93 octane.

sincerely
Bruce
(#384)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2018, 01:08 PM

Glad to hear!

Burger Motorsports

(#385)
Old

Default 11-30-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce0293
Fella's

Just want to chime in hear and note that I added the JB4, Map1 to my F150 a few weeks ago. It is not a daily driver, however it is damned hard to not put my foot to the floor every now and then if I am driving it! Fifteen minutes-ish install, mostly to make sure I hooked up the connectors correctly and then routed the OBD2 connection through the fire wall.

First impressions,,, wait, wait for it... . As I think Terry said somewhere, it is what it should have been from the factory. Pulls with some Aplomb, smiling.... Very nice Terry, thank you!

Factory air filter housing so far, running on 93 octane.

sincerely
Bruce
Well running 93-throw that in MAP 2 and hold on
(#386)
Old

Car: X6 35i
Default 12-04-2018, 11:38 AM

Is the "Gear" gauge not displaying/registering current gear in the app for anyone else? Not that it's a big deal but thought it was odd that mine stays on "0". Everything else seems to be functioning as expected. Thanks guys!
(#387)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-04-2018, 12:21 PM

Normal for now, I'm working on a firmware update that fixes it.

Burger Motorsports

(#388)
Old

Car: X6 35i
Default 12-04-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Normal for now, I'm working on a firmware update that fixes it.
Thanks Terry, figured it was that simple but wanted to confirm.
(#389)
Old

Car: 2018 Raptor Screw
Default 12-06-2018, 12:03 PM

Just got my JB4 with bluetooth connector and I think I did something I don't know how to undo. Does anyone know how to set the bluetooth device back to default PIN. I did a Set new PIN and my phone won't connect now. Can't figure out how to change the PIN for the app. Maybe I shouldn't have set a new pin... Just trying to stay secure.. No reply from the app developer yet either. Thanks!
(#390)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-06-2018, 05:42 PM

Donnie is the man to help with that, looks like you already found the JB4 mobile support thread?

Burger Motorsports

(#391)
Old

Car: 2018 Raptor Screw
Default 12-07-2018, 05:51 AM

Yes, and support email, I tried everything I could find yesterday. I can't play with my new toy! I just replied to his email he sent in the wee hours this morning. Hopeful to get it resolved soon. Thanks!
(#392)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-07-2018, 02:08 PM

He's the only one who can help with that so emailing anyone else, just a waste of your time.

Burger Motorsports

(#393)
Old

Car: none
Default 12-08-2018, 01:48 AM

My truck is off road only. Will JB4 clear the cel for ***?
(#394)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-08-2018, 03:30 PM

No that setting is blocked in the USA for EPA compliance purposes, sorry.

Burger Motorsports

(#395)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-12-2018, 11:12 AM

Some rare good news from the emissions police, Our F150 Raptor JB4 is finally CARB approved!

Part F-150_JB4 is CARB Approved Under Executive Order (EO) No. D-744-5 for 2015-2018 Ford F150 & F150 Raptor 2.7L and 3.5L Turbo engines.

Burger Motorsports

(#396)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-13-2018, 12:35 PM

Just dropped our F150 2.7L off at Pure Turbo to experiment with some upgraded turbos. Steve is planning to take our Raptor down for similar treatment soon.

Burger Motorsports

(#397)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-14-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Just dropped our F150 2.7L off at Pure Turbo to experiment with some upgraded turbos. Steve is planning to take our Raptor down for similar treatment soon.
Good things are coming, now we can tow 2 cars with that much power.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#398)
Old

Default 12-14-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
That sounds great, cannot wait to see whats in store!!

Having experimenting with larger turbos now, Have you guys pretty much tapped out the power from the 2.7 / 3.5 motor with what we have now (JB4) or is there more power to come with more software tuning on your end?
(#399)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-14-2018, 10:09 PM

There is a little more to be had on the factory turbos but curious to see how thing change with the hybrids.

Burger Motorsports

(#400)
Old

Default 12-20-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
There is a little more to be had on the factory turbos but curious to see how thing change with the hybrids.
Terry, can you explain a little in the difference the way you guys tune with the JB4 compared to the other tuners like 5*/MPT/Livernois......I understand the JB4:

1-Does not write to the computer
2-Does not mess with transmission program