N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2601)
Old
WeekendWarriorz WeekendWarriorz is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 54
Join Date: Jul 2018
Car: 2012 135i N55 DCT
Default 11-13-2018, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanderson
noooooo

Unplug the JB4 map connector, plug in factory and leave it like that. also do the FW update.

Did that to mine tonight to get rid of the 3166 code.
+1. Do not plug that sh*t back in and this has nothing to do with your problem. Firmware should be 5.17 T5 hex


2012 BMW 135i DCT, Late E series. VRSF meowless, ARM chargepipe, VRSF 7.5in race FMIC, Fuel it! Stage 2 LPFP- Sold
Reply With Quote
(#2602)
Old
inevitab1e inevitab1e is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 308
Join Date: Feb 2017
Car: 2013 N55 135is
Default 11-13-2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanderson
noooooo

Unplug the JB4 map connector, plug in factory and leave it like that. also do the FW update.

Did that to mine tonight to get rid of the 3166 code.
Well that was easy. I used to get that code, but not anymore. I'm trying this for another issue. I already had the latest FW, so I just connected the stock MAP connector. I left the male/female JB4 connectors off to the side, not connected to each other.
Reply With Quote
(#2603)
Old
inevitab1e inevitab1e is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 308
Join Date: Feb 2017
Car: 2013 N55 135is
Default 11-13-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz
+1. Do not plug that sh*t back in and this has nothing to do with your problem. Firmware should be 5.17 T5 hex
Harmless to try right? Hoping I'll have some positive 'side effects"
Reply With Quote
(#2604)
Old
4pasnu 4pasnu is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Nov 2018
Car: 2011 E93 335i auto
Default 11-20-2018, 12:35 PM

Quick intro:
bought a mint used 2011 e93 n55 auto on 11/17. Ordered JB4 early 12/17, VRSF CP, IC and (D.P). Installed JB4 and CP back in 12/17 and xhp stage 3 in 1/18. Car has been fun and I don't beat on it. Finally got around to installing (D.P) and she feels so much better and stronger. Also filled up with E20 mix on 93. Not pushed her but now running map 2. Putting on PRW ignition system, 97506 plugs, IC and hooking up the flex fuel harness during the thnx holidays. I have posted a log from before (D.P) install. I have read a lot about firmware and updated jb4 boards etc etc. Can anyone answer a few questions for me please.

Should I go ISO?
Should I update my JB4?
I have no IAT readings, why?

Any comments or recommendations will also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time. Been lurking for about a year and finally ready to move my car to the next level...safely!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-26 19_47_08.csv (5.3 KB, 177 views)

Last edited by 4pasnu; 11-20-2018 at 01:05 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#2605)
Old
335ilove 335ilove is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Join Date: Nov 2018
Car: 2011 335i
Default 11-20-2018, 01:24 PM

Would someone be interested in helping a rookie figure out my jb4. I just got it put on. When i really get on the gas it turns on my hazard lights, how do I turn them off? Any help would be appreciative Mark
Reply With Quote
(#2606)
Old
WeekendWarriorz WeekendWarriorz is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 54
Join Date: Jul 2018
Car: 2012 135i N55 DCT
Default 11-20-2018, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ilove
Would someone be interested in helping a rookie figure out my jb4. I just got it put on. When i really get on the gas it turns on my hazard lights, how do I turn them off? Any help would be appreciative Mark
Set menu 3 to 7000pm


2012 BMW 135i DCT, Late E series. VRSF meowless, ARM chargepipe, VRSF 7.5in race FMIC, Fuel it! Stage 2 LPFP- Sold
Reply With Quote
(#2607)
Old
WeekendWarriorz WeekendWarriorz is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 54
Join Date: Jul 2018
Car: 2012 135i N55 DCT
Default 11-20-2018, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pasnu
Quick intro:
bought a mint used 2011 e93 n55 auto on 11/17. Ordered JB4 early 12/17, VRSF CP, IC and (D.P). Installed JB4 and CP back in 12/17 and xhp stage 3 in 1/18. Car has been fun and I don't beat on it. Finally got around to installing (D.P) and she feels so much better and stronger. Also filled up with E20 mix on 93. Not pushed her but now running map 2. Putting on PRW ignition system, 97506 plugs, IC and hooking up the flex fuel harness during the thnx holidays. I have posted a log from before (D.P) install. I have read a lot about firmware and updated jb4 boards etc etc. Can anyone answer a few questions for me please.

Should I go ISO?
Should I update my JB4?
I have no IAT readings, why?

Any comments or recommendations will also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time. Been lurking for about a year and finally ready to move my car to the next level...safely!
ISO is 100x better but if you update the software the Jb4 will no longer clear your CEL for the ********* or any other codes. New updates are sold out to CARB policy and you'll need a BEF with a modified bin to clear the code for *********.


2012 BMW 135i DCT, Late E series. VRSF meowless, ARM chargepipe, VRSF 7.5in race FMIC, Fuel it! Stage 2 LPFP- Sold
Reply With Quote
(#2608)
Old
ckanderson ckanderson is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Nov 2018
Car: 2013 335
Default 11-22-2018, 06:27 PM

Its been asked before but what does ISO stand for?

Also, after disconnecting my MAP sensor and updating the firmware to get rid of the 3166 code, it hasn't come back. but I'm now randomly getting a P112e code which has to do with a map sensor. it comes and goes every few days. drives fine though.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote
(#2609)
Old
WeekendWarriorz WeekendWarriorz is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 54
Join Date: Jul 2018
Car: 2012 135i N55 DCT
Default 11-27-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanderson
Its been asked before but what does ISO stand for?

Also, after disconnecting my MAP sensor and updating the firmware to get rid of the 3166 code, it hasn't come back. but I'm now randomly getting a P112e code which has to do with a map sensor. it comes and goes every few days. drives fine though.

Any thoughts?
Did you replug in the stock map sensor?


2012 BMW 135i DCT, Late E series. VRSF meowless, ARM chargepipe, VRSF 7.5in race FMIC, Fuel it! Stage 2 LPFP- Sold
Reply With Quote
(#2610)
Old
ckanderson ckanderson is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Nov 2018
Car: 2013 335
Default 11-27-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz
Did you replug in the stock map sensor?
Yep, double checked it. Strange thing is it will be off for hundreds of miles, then come back on for a few hundred.

It could be something wrong, just seems odd that this code popped up within a day of me switching the setup
Reply With Quote
(#2611)
Old
WeekendWarriorz WeekendWarriorz is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 54
Join Date: Jul 2018
Car: 2012 135i N55 DCT
Default 11-27-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanderson
Yep, double checked it. Strange thing is it will be off for hundreds of miles, then come back on for a few hundred.

It could be something wrong, just seems odd that this code popped up within a day of me switching the setup
Hmm, are you sure you're on the 5.17 t5 hex firmware?


2012 BMW 135i DCT, Late E series. VRSF meowless, ARM chargepipe, VRSF 7.5in race FMIC, Fuel it! Stage 2 LPFP- Sold
Reply With Quote
(#2612)
Old
ckanderson ckanderson is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Nov 2018
Car: 2013 335
Default 11-27-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz
Hmm, are you sure you're on the 5.17 t5 hex firmware?
I believe so, but Iíll double check tonight. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
(#2613)
Old
Darth135 Darth135 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2017
Car: 2011 135
Default Codes - 11-30-2018, 12:38 PM

Has any one seen any of these codes? They are off the JB4 app
Reply With Quote
(#2614)
Old
ckanderson ckanderson is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Nov 2018
Car: 2013 335
Default 12-05-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth135
Has any one seen any of these codes? They are off the JB4 app
?
Reply With Quote
(#2615)
Old
rpat11 rpat11 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2019
Car: 2012 335i
Default errors after update - 01-24-2019, 12:57 PM

I have update my firmware to ...17 T5 (and removed JB4 connection from MAP and replaced with stock). Now I am getting 2 error codes and "Service Engine Soon" light. Intermittently mind you, after reseting codes they don't come back for a day, then under normal driving conditions the Service light comes back on and the codes are their.

JB4 app shows 28A0 and 2C90. I have the BMW code list and see what the codes are but its weird they came up after the update...

Any ideas of the cause after the firmware update would be appreciated.

btw, my board is about 3-4 years old and i had cut to diode as instructed 2 years ago. No issues since then.

Thanks,
RPat11
Reply With Quote
(#2616)
Old
E30_Crazy E30_Crazy is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 40
Join Date: Apr 2015
Car: '14 X1 35i, '87 325i MTech1
Default 01-28-2019, 02:18 PM

The Service Engine Soon light for down pipe(s) is no longer blocked/turned off by the JB4 software.
Reply With Quote
(#2617)
Old
Cory S's Avatar
Cory S Cory S is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 103
Join Date: Jun 2016
Car: 2011 335i-X
Default 01-28-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30_Crazy
The Service Engine Soon light for down pipe(s) is no longer blocked/turned off by the JB4 software.
It never was.


2011 N55 335 X-drive 6AT
Pure Stage 2...Lots of meth. 500whp/526tq
Reply With Quote
(#2618)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 32,844
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 01-28-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30_Crazy
The Service Engine Soon light for down pipe(s) is no longer blocked/turned off by the JB4 software.
JB4 Interface Changes for USA customers - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#2619)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 32,844
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 01-28-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpat11
I have update my firmware to ...17 T5 (and removed JB4 connection from MAP and replaced with stock). Now I am getting 2 error codes and "Service Engine Soon" light. Intermittently mind you, after reseting codes they don't come back for a day, then under normal driving conditions the Service light comes back on and the codes are their.

JB4 app shows 28A0 and 2C90. I have the BMW code list and see what the codes are but its weird they came up after the update...

Any ideas of the cause after the firmware update would be appreciated.

btw, my board is about 3-4 years old and i had cut to diode as instructed 2 years ago. No issues since then.

Thanks,
RPat11
Normal plausibility faults, generally caused by having menu12 too high and making too much boost during low throttle.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#2620)
Old
drwillb drwillb is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 223
Join Date: May 2016
Car: 2012 n55 135i
Default 01-28-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Normal plausibility faults, generally caused by having menu12 too high and making too much boost during low throttle.
Terry, I've been thinking about those same codes mentioned above, as it pertains to a PS1 turbo upgrade. I've noticed a big spike in boost as I get on the gas to log a run. This leads to throttle closures in an effort to keep boost on target.

Do you have recommended values for functions 10, 11, and 12 in order to keep pre-boost under control? Running map 6 with custom targets does seem to help since I can set those above values for stock turbos.

I guess a custom BEF would be the best bet but I have a locked DME and need to get around to getting the unlock.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote
(#2621)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 32,844
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 01-28-2019, 04:26 PM

Varies by car and turbo. Let's see your specific log and determine what to do next.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#2622)
Old
drwillb drwillb is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 223
Join Date: May 2016
Car: 2012 n55 135i
Default 01-29-2019, 06:07 AM

Terry, I've got very little boost now. I'll post in the help section for this.
Reply With Quote
(#2623)
Old
E30_Crazy E30_Crazy is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 40
Join Date: Apr 2015
Car: '14 X1 35i, '87 325i MTech1
Default 01-29-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory S
It never was.
Umm? Then why was there a big anouncement and dozens of threads on every forum I belong to about this, if it never did?

It didn't stop the stored code(s) for down *****, but it definitely prevented the SES light (prior interface software)

But this isn't the place to sit and argue. I would soon as just delete our own comments from here, as they don't help the community.
Reply With Quote
(#2624)
Old
rpat11 rpat11 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2019
Car: 2012 335i
Default 02-02-2019, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Normal plausibility faults, generally caused by having menu12 too high and making too much boost during low throttle.
Thx. I changed from 2600 to 2400 two days ago and no more SEL light coming on. I'll post if it does. btw, as a data point for you, in every case I was driving at 50mph or under, not on throttle-just normal driving, and engine was still cold (b4 160 degrees).
Reply With Quote
(#2625)
Old
rpat11 rpat11 is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2019
Car: 2012 335i
Default 02-03-2019, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpat11
Thx. I changed from 2600 to 2400 two days ago and no more SEL light coming on. I'll post if it does. btw, as a data point for you, in every case I was driving at 50mph or under, not on throttle-just normal driving, and engine was still cold (b4 160 degrees).

SEL light came back on..... I was running Map 5, reset codes to remove SEL and set to Map 1, it happened again Menu 12 is set to 2400 and Menu 10 is at 3000. All menu's are set to defaults. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Btw, 3 weeks ago i did a ton of work on car (see below for list), updated firmware from really old version from 2 or 3 years ago to the most current, and put 1000 miles on the car. The work i did was I replaced oil, coolant, rear diff oil, trans oil and pan, trans sleeves and seals, control and tension arms in front, filter housing seal (was leaking oil on serp belt so i replace the belt too), and removed intake to soak valves in seafood and brushed clean. Everything was put back together correctly and completely with correct torq's (reused seals on charge pipe to manifold and manifold to engine).

Sorry for a long post but thought that might help in recommending what might be causing the SEL to come on. I have checked everything is tight so I don't think there is a lead in the chargepipe or manifold but I'll check it all again. Just hoping for a person with more knowledge then me can direct me to look into something specific.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (0 members and 7 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com