N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#351)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-19-2018, 07:14 PM

Looks very strong to me, I bet the car hauls!!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#352)
Old

Car: 16 BMW M4
Default 10-19-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Looks very strong to me, I bet the car hauls!!
Thatís good to know. Can I use map 7 also?
(#353)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport
Thumbs up 10-22-2018, 04:14 PM

Hi Terry - we're ready here. How would you like to approach the Beta testing for the 2018 Mustang Ecoboost (with Rousch CAI). We'd be happy to support a testimonial, including social media where appropriate. Feel free to email me directly at wjmyersnj@yahoo.com Thank you!

2018 Q50 Red Sport AWD
BMS JB4 w/Map 0 for WMI Control
BMS WMI Kit
Ecutek Tune by R/T
AMS Red Alpha Cold Air Intakes
HKS Resonated LDP (no drone)
Tanabe Y-Pipe
Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
Mishimoto Heat Exchanger
(#354)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-22-2018, 04:17 PM

Email Payam@burgertuning.com and we can hash it out!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#355)
Old

Car: 2011 E92 335xi
Default 10-24-2018, 09:54 PM

Hey Terry, how’s the connector situation looking for the 2015 3.5? Just levelled my truck recently and put on some 33” tall tires and would love some extra power to turn them. Also I work at a shop with an AWD dynojet, so if you need to bang out some numbers or try out different firmware I would love to help out.

2011 AW E92 335i xDrive M Sport Fully Loaded - BMS N55 G5 ISO, Intake, FSB, BMS/CPE Charge Pipe and Trunk Mount Meth Kit | AR Design 4" Catl3ss ******** | BMW Performance Exhaust, Kidney Grills, Rear Diffuser, Carbon ZCP spoiler and Interior LED Lighting Kit | KW V1's | Dinan 15.8mm rear sway bar, Front Strut Tower Bars | Work VS-XX | 3M 15% Tint all around |
(#356)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-25-2018, 08:58 AM

I have 2 of those harnesses in stock. Email me.

Burger Motorsports

(#357)
Old

Car: Ford Raptor
Default 10-26-2018, 02:32 PM

Hey Terry...What are you guys seeing in way of power once the Raptor's warm up. I've seen some dyno pulls (admittedly from your competitors) where when the truck is hot, power drops off drastically.

Have you guys seen this same power drop and if so, any difference with the JB4?
(#358)
Old

Default 10-26-2018, 02:37 PM

Iíve noticed this as well once truck is hot.
(#359)
Old

Default 10-26-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowssm
Iíve noticed this as well once truck is hot.
And you have a JB4 correct and it's still dropping power when it gets hot?
(#360)
Old

Default 10-26-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfendya
And you have a JB4 correct and it's still dropping power when it gets hot?
Yes but thatís with all cars especially here in vegas
(#361)
Old

Default 10-26-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowssm
Yes but thatís with all cars especially here in vegas
Where I don't disagree, some tuners will say differently and have the dyno info to prove it.

FWIW - I've run JB4's in previous BMW's so I was extremely excited to see one released for the Raptor's. Looking forward to what Terry has to say regarding cold/hot power
(#362)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-26-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfendya
Hey Terry...What are you guys seeing in way of power once the Raptor's warm up. I've seen some dyno pulls (admittedly from your competitors) where when the truck is hot, power drops off drastically.

Have you guys seen this same power drop and if so, any difference with the JB4?
The JB4 is setup to retain all the factory safety systems, since ignition advance is mapped off intake temperatures, as those increase, timing will drop, and power will drop to minimize the potential for detonation.

Higher octane, like mixing in a little E85, can mitigate this effect.

Burger Motorsports

(#363)
Old

Car: 2017 Ford Raptor
Default 10-28-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The JB4 is setup to retain all the factory safety systems, since ignition advance is mapped off intake temperatures, as those increase, timing will drop, and power will drop to minimize the potential for detonation.

Hi Terry. Iím still getting code 04db on my 17 Raptor Running on map 2. Running 93 octane consistently and updated with the latest firmware ... only seems to trip
Code on map 2. Any suggestions? 😬
(#364)
Old

Default 10-29-2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the explanation Terry and it's great to know bad things won't happen with the JB4 installed!
(#365)
Old

Car: X6 35i
Default 10-31-2018, 10:34 PM

Just purchased a new 2018. Do I need to wait and put a certain number of miles on the truck prior to installing/enjoying the JB4? Also, will I be able to remove and avoid any traces of the tuner if I by chance have any mechanical issues due to such? FYI - I have the JB4 on my BMW X6 and can't say enough good things about it, hoping to share the same experience with the Raptor! Thanks guys and keep up the great work!
(#366)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-01-2018, 09:25 AM

I normally suggest waiting 200-300 miles to ensure the truck isn't a lemon from the factory.

Installs and removes without a trace. Goes without saying though, if you break something running higher power levels, you should pay to fix it. That said platform has been really reliable tuned so far.

Burger Motorsports

(#367)
Old

Default 11-01-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
I normally suggest waiting 200-300 miles to ensure the truck isn't a lemon from the factory.

Installs and removes without a trace. Goes without saying though, if you break something running higher power levels, you should pay to fix it. That said platform has been really reliable tuned so far.
Terry is map 5 the highest map right now? Map 7 is still a beta thing?
(#368)
Old

Car: X6 35i
Default 11-01-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:

Thanks Terry, exactly what I needed sir!

I take it you guys find the S&B intake the best fit for the JB4/Raptor?
(#369)
Old

Default 11-01-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB119
Hi Terry. Iím still getting code 04db on my 17 Raptor Running on map 2. Running 93 octane consistently and updated with the latest firmware ... only seems to trip
Code on map 2. Any suggestions? 😬
Will there be any new firmware to hopefully correct my above issue?
(#370)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-02-2018, 04:48 PM

Not had any other reports of it. Any other mods on the car? Maybe we could try swapping the JB4 board for you to rule out any defects.

Burger Motorsports

(#371)
Old

Default 11-02-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Not had any other reports of it. Any other mods on the car? Maybe we could try swapping the JB4 board for you to rule out any defects.
Thanks for the response... no other mods except a UPR catch can... seems to work great on map 1 never tripping a code, and will run on map 2 sometimes for weeks before tripping a code. Sometimes only a couple days. No one else on here having issues? Should I maybe try re-running the latest firmware before exchanging the board? Tx
(#372)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-03-2018, 10:15 AM

Could be OCC related too. But, either way not a major code. Just an annoyance. If you want to try another board at some point just email me.

Burger Motorsports

(#373)
Old

Default 11-03-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Could be OCC related too. But, either way not a major code. Just an annoyance. If you want to try another board at some point just email me.
Ok. Sounds good. Thank you.
(#374)
Old

Car: 2018 F-150 Limited
Default 11-05-2018, 04:07 PM

Just curious--Most of the time when you install tunes, you may get a slight gas mileage increase providing you stay out of it, has anyone seen that with the JB4 installed?
(#375)
Old

Car: 2011 bmw 135i, 2004 Nissan 350z
Default 11-05-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecoldak
Just curious--Most of the time when you install tunes, you may get a slight gas mileage increase providing you stay out of it, has anyone seen that with the JB4 installed?
You will not see gas mileage improvements unless the jb4 is modifying AFR or IGN timing. Which I do not believe the jb4 for f150 is directly modifying. Terry can confirm.