N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,455
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default Fueling question - 07-01-2018, 10:34 AM

How far can we push the HPFP on the N54 with E85 and pi ? I mean even with pi, the hpfp at some point has to reach its limits ? Or does it reach its limit when pi can no longer push (basically reached its limit) ?
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 8,484
Join Date: Apr 2014
Car: E92 335XI
Default 07-01-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
How far can we push the HPFP on the N54 with E85 and pi ? I mean even with pi, the hpfp at some point has to reach its limits ? Or does it reach its limit when pi can no longer push (basically reached its limit) ?
PI is in place to support the HPFP...

To my knowledge the "limit" of PI hasn't been reached, and various PI injector options too.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,455
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default 07-01-2018, 10:49 PM

I understand that. Im just confused. Ive seen quite a few logs posted from hybrids to single turbos, and many have hpfp dips as do I. I saw a log on a single turbo that dipped on hpfp to 8s i believe and pi was flowing so much that his trims were 0 for the majority of the pull.
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
Payam @ BMS's Avatar
Payam @ BMS Payam @ BMS is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 6,167
Join Date: Oct 2013
Car: e90 335i
Default 07-02-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
I understand that. Im just confused. Ive seen quite a few logs posted from hybrids to single turbos, and many have hpfp dips as do I. I saw a log on a single turbo that dipped on hpfp to 8s i believe and pi was flowing so much that his trims were 0 for the majority of the pull.
You don't want that to happen. I think that might have been my log that you are referring to where HPFP was around 6-8 but my PI was at 100% duty cycle. That is maxing out EVERYTHING and not safe. Best would be to lean the system out by adding some pump gas or bigger PI injectors.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!'s Avatar
Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It! is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 18,483
Join Date: Oct 2012
Car: 135i
Default 07-02-2018, 01:49 PM

Fuel pressures of 110psi won't be very advantageous as the LPFP flows will drop drastically at those pressures. As Payam said, you'll want to install an external regulator if flows are an issue. The stock one can bleed off flows and pressures. That pretty much goes for any regulator that is installed before the HPFP and/or port injection rail.



Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
Snowman Snowman is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 274
Join Date: May 2017
Car: BMW M135I
Default 07-02-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
You don't want that to happen. I think that might have been my log that you are referring to where HPFP was around 6-8 but my PI was at 100% duty cycle. That is maxing out EVERYTHING and not safe. Best would be to lean the system out by adding some pump gas or bigger PI injectors.
Isnt it possible to to do the same except have trims pegged at 0 since the PI are overfueling?

I had that on my first PI log and the PI sprayed to much fuel, causing the HPFP and DI to lean out as much as possible and the HPFP to basicly just "idle".
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,455
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default 07-02-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman
Isnt it possible to to do the same except have trims pegged at 0 since the PI are overfueling?

I had that on my first PI log and the PI sprayed to much fuel, causing the HPFP and DI to lean out as much as possible and the HPFP to basicly just "idle".
I wondered the same thing. If you turn pi all the way up, trims would crash and DME should pull fuel. It doesnt know there is pi so it would pull it from the hpfp causing it to drop in pressure in logs ?????
So it would show fuel starvation (depending on how low fuel pressure drops) , but in reality AFR would still be on target becasue of pi ?
Is this feasible ????
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
Payam @ BMS's Avatar
Payam @ BMS Payam @ BMS is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 6,167
Join Date: Oct 2013
Car: e90 335i
Default 07-03-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
I wondered the same thing. If you turn pi all the way up, trims would crash and DME should pull fuel. It doesnt know there is pi so it would pull it from the hpfp causing it to drop in pressure in logs ?????
So it would show fuel starvation (depending on how low fuel pressure drops) , but in reality AFR would still be on target becasue of pi ?
Is this feasible ????
I haven't seen that case where hpfp has been pulled so far down that it would be considered dangerous.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
THE BEAST THE BEAST is offline
Legend
 
Posts: 1,455
Join Date: Apr 2016
Car: 2008 E93
Default 07-04-2018, 01:53 PM

But can PI have a reverse effect on HPFP ? As in too much fuel so DME pulls from HPFP thus lowering the numbers (pressure) , instead of maintaining and pi supplementing ?
Steve just posted on his CPI thread having the exact issue I have as well as others I have seen and talked to about.
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
Payam @ BMS's Avatar
Payam @ BMS Payam @ BMS is offline
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 6,167
Join Date: Oct 2013
Car: e90 335i
Default 07-05-2018, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
But can PI have a reverse effect on HPFP ? As in too much fuel so DME pulls from HPFP thus lowering the numbers (pressure) , instead of maintaining and pi supplementing ?
Steve just posted on his CPI thread having the exact issue I have as well as others I have seen and talked to about.
I have never seen that happen to be honest.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com