N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: N54 135i
Default RB RHD outlet - 12-10-2017, 08:06 AM

Anyone know where I can buy this? Doesn’t seem to be on the RB website?

Thanks

UK 🇬🇧 N54 135i Vargas GC lites
(#2)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 12-10-2017, 09:45 AM

Emailed.

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E93
Default 12-10-2017, 07:31 PM

RB's RHD outlets fit really nicely. I tried a set from another vendor, but the steering column clearance was not good. The whole design and routing are very different.
I also got the heat shield from RB. It's super easy to relocate the boost solenoid. With the BMW cosmetic cover in place, you can't see the solenoids, so it looks factory.
(#4)
Old

Car: E92 335i 6 MT
Default 12-11-2017, 04:32 PM

Yeah lots of aussie guys having issues getting the rb outlet to fit RHD

Im going to try and fab up a 2 piece ally hardpipe outlet for RHD with v band connections
(#5)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 12-11-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL
Yeah lots of aussie guys having issues getting the rb outlet to fit RHD

Im going to try and fab up a 2 piece ally hardpipe outlet for RHD with v band connections
Interesting... we've sold over 100 sets of RB RHD outlets (standard and EVO styles) and have heard no such thing. And we continue to have RHD distributors who also keep coming back for more, in fact we just sold 6 more sets to Advan (in Australia) last week.

Now we DID have literally one guy, a couple weeks ago, make quite the fuss however. Probably 5 hours in emails trying to figure out why his case was the only to ever have an issue on install. Well it turns out he was tall and had his steering wheel at full tilt upwards, which caused a clearance issue as this points the column in a further downward position under the hood. The cure was putting the wheel at a more straight forward positioning, and all was well with the world again. This was an RB Evo style outlet case which are a bit larger, probably would have been a moot point with the standard housing style RB outlets. Anyway had we been able to predict this, literally, crickets on "issues"... at least ones that are reported to us.

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 12-11-2017 at 04:51 PM..