N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#151)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 07-11-2017, 04:08 PM

Hi Terry

I purchased the stage 1 tuner for my 2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD, I already have stillen intakes and catalytic back exhaust with stock down pipe. Can I run 4 PSI all the time safely? 93 octane is readily available in my area and it's what I always use. Also could you provide a link on a video or instructions on how to change the PSI with the JB4 software? Thanks for the help.
(#152)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-11-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRQ50
Hi Terry

I purchased the stage 1 tuner for my 2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD, I already have stillen intakes and catalytic back exhaust with stock down pipe. Can I run 4 PSI all the time safely? 93 octane is readily available in my area and it's what I always use. Also could you provide a link on a video or instructions on how to change the PSI with the JB4 software? Thanks for the help.
Check first post for directions. On the Red Sport with modifications you can evaluate 2psi, 3psi, and 4psi, and see what works best for your specific setup.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#153)
Old

Car: Q50rs
Default 07-11-2017, 08:31 PM

Can I run a e40 or even a e50 mix with 93 on a redsport?
Is it rich enough to do so? It seems like it is.
A/f looks to be 11.0
Turned up at 3 or 4psi
(#154)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 07-11-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackgp2006
A/f looks to be 11.0
Turned up at 3 or 4psi
Log to make sure you can run the higher E mix. thats pretty much the only guaranteed way to find out.

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#155)
Old

Default 07-11-2017, 08:42 PM

Yes very true
What's a good o2 voltage for this car?
(#156)
Old

Default 07-11-2017, 08:48 PM

Or a/f in the closed loop using the trq app
(#157)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-11-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
A/f looks to be 11.0
Turned up at 3 or 4psi
The factory fuel tables we use are probably too rich for that. The flash tuners lean them out to 12:1 I noticed. Either way I'd keep it at a 30% mix on the Red Sport.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#158)
Old

Default 07-11-2017, 09:24 PM

12.1 seems alittle lean for FI, I thought 11.2-6 was ideal ?
(#159)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-11-2017, 09:32 PM

Not for direct injection... We run some BMWs in the mid 13s regularly at peak HP.

Burger Motorsports

(#160)
Old

Default 07-11-2017, 09:37 PM

Wow u learn something every day
Terry could you pm or email I got question for you
(#161)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 07-12-2017, 08:38 AM

Terry,

I wanted to make sure I have this correct. Does this look right? Can I share with you a screen shot?
Attached Images

(#162)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2017, 09:04 AM

Correct

Burger Motorsports

(#163)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 07-12-2017, 09:25 AM

Many thanks - noob to all of this. I can say that my trip to/from Houston at the default +3psi on 93 octane fuel was a joy. I'm looking forward to seeing how the +4psi setting changes things. My goal is to increment the boost safety number by 1psi and then drive for a few hundred miles as a test before increasing the boost. What should I be looking for in terms of knowing when I have reached the limit of tweaking the boost safety number?
(#164)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2017, 09:34 AM

If you go too far the car won't pull smoothly as the DME has to pull timing out to avoid knock.

Burger Motorsports

(#165)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Wow u learn something every day
Terry could you pm or email I got question for you
Just ask any questions you may have here, in case anyone else has the same question.

Burger Motorsports

(#166)
Old

Car: 2016 RS400 AWD
Default Laptop only or PC compatible? - 07-12-2017, 02:58 PM

To change the 3psi Boost Safety setting does the Stage1 tuner need to be connected to the car? Or can you use a PC to change the setting without the car connected?
(#167)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti Addict
To change the 3psi Boost Safety setting does the Stage1 tuner need to be connected to the car? Or can you use a PC to change the setting without the car connected?
Has to be connected to car with engine and/or ignition on to power up the Stage1 box.

Burger Motorsports

(#168)
Old

Car: Q60
Default 07-12-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Has to be connected to car with engine and/or ignition on to power up the Stage1 box.
Terry, are y'all still testing the Red Sport? I see you posted the charts including results at 4psi increase. Any issues observed at that setting or things we should watch for running that on a Red Sport assuming we are using 93 octane?
(#169)
Old

Default 07-12-2017, 07:20 PM

Terry email I have somthing you might be interested in.
(#170)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonviper
Terry, are y'all still testing the Red Sport? I see you posted the charts including results at 4psi increase. Any issues observed at that setting or things we should watch for running that on a Red Sport assuming we are using 93 octane?
So far so good on the Red Sport at 4psi on 93 octane. But it's too early to draw a long term suggestion.

Burger Motorsports

(#171)
Old

Car: Q50 silver sport
Default 07-13-2017, 05:59 AM

Hi guys, new to the Infiniti gang. I had a mk7 gti before this. Noob question, what's the difference between the stage 1 and jb4?
(#172)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50_Spartan
Hi guys, new to the Infiniti gang. I had a mk7 gti before this. Noob question, what's the difference between the stage 1 and jb4?
The JB4 is our higher end tuning system with CANbus control, in dash map changes, datalogging, and extra sensor inputs and outputs for expansion, and tons of extra features. The Stage1 is a simpler, less expensive, and easier to implement system. But still quite effective.

Burger Motorsports

(#173)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 Red Sport
Default 07-13-2017, 01:05 PM

so for a red sport, just need to plug it in, and thats it? leave at the +3psi over stock?
(#174)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2017, 01:07 PM

If you do not want to change it from 3psi then no changes are needed, obviously.

Burger Motorsports

(#175)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2017, 01:12 PM

There were some questions on the boost profile stock and tuned. Here are a couple boost logs from the Silver Sport dyno. In these logs boost is bank1, target actually represents boost in bank2, and ecu_psi represents boost reported back to the ECU in bank1.

First the factory boost profile:
Name:  ss_boost_Stock.jpg
Views: 1334
Size:  32.8 KB

And the same chart only with the Stage1 requesting 6psi over stock:
Name:  ss_boost_tuned.jpg
Views: 1356
Size:  34.0 KB

Burger Motorsports