N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old

Car: 2015 f32 435i
Default 07-08-2017, 03:32 PM

This should give some insight, looks like both the rs and the ss get their 0-60 down to 4.3s on a stage 1 tune(via vbox) but the silversport has an inferior cooling system which causes it to lose power in the long run. Pretty impressive gains, and who better to trust for your tune than bms.

[SOLD] '15 435i - M Sport Brakes, BMW 19" 407 style wheels, Track/Handling, Tech Package, HUD, Auto
Mods: JB4 w/ EWG/FF wires, maps 2/5/7, AFE intake, ER 4" kitless, hankooks
'03 330ci - Titanium Silver, Sportline, Auto
Mods: Stock

Instagram: @Jb435i
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQs...ylVwzAmJLCmbA?
(#102)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 07-08-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike
This should give some insight, looks like both the rs and the ss get their 0-60 down to 4.3s on a stage 1 tune(via vbox) but the silversport has an inferior cooling system which causes it to lose power in the long run. Pretty impressive gains, and who better to trust for your tune than bms.
That's the reason why I never did the ecutek tune.. especially when I was told afterwards that it will void your warranty if infiniti dealer checks the flash counter. this is why I'm looking forward to the jb4

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
(#103)
Old

Default 07-08-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
That's the reason why I never did the ecutek tune.. especially when I was told afterwards that it will void your warranty if infiniti dealer checks the flash counter. this is why I'm looking forward to the jb4
Yup ecu's have a literal flash counter that shows any service rep connected to it how many times the car has been flashed. The jb4 doesn't have this issue, so warranty is put at less risk.

[SOLD] '15 435i - M Sport Brakes, BMW 19" 407 style wheels, Track/Handling, Tech Package, HUD, Auto

(#104)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 Red Sport
Default 07-08-2017, 05:39 PM

How much power should I expect with + 3psi on only CA 91 octane with no booster or anything else. Is that the 395/429 figure?
(#105)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-08-2017, 06:16 PM

91 sucks. I'd guesstimate around 10whp and 15wtq per every pound of boost added.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#106)
Old

Default 07-08-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
91 sucks. I'd guesstimate around 10whp and 15wtq per every pound of boost added.
Kinda off topic but other than cost efficiency, what's the tradeoff of using 91+Lucas octane booster vs 93 octane, I want to go to the dyno in the next few months and want to mix 93 with e85 instead of 91.

(#107)
Old

Default 07-08-2017, 11:01 PM

Finally got to test out the Tune against the C400 videos below are before and after

No Tune- https://youtu.be/MVIKFFgGlu0

With Tune- https://youtu.be/EzJStO-FLZI

2nd run (little jump start with Q)- https://youtu.be/e_98JmnNSio

Thank you BurgerTuning, with the C400 having more power and Torque and less weight it this tune managed to make up for all that any and more, looking forward to future updates

(#108)
Old

Default 07-08-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Finally got to test out the Tune against the C400 videos below are before and after

No Tune- https://youtu.be/MVIKFFgGlu0

With Tune- https://youtu.be/EzJStO-FLZI

2nd run (little jump start with Q)- https://youtu.be/e_98JmnNSio

Thank you BurgerTuning, with the C400 having more power and Torque and less weight it this tune managed to make up for all that any and more, looking forward to future updates
Huge difference! Great runs man.

(#109)
Old

Car: Q60
Default 07-09-2017, 06:16 AM

I'm glad I found this thread! I would really love to try this on my Q60 RS. Is there any discounts or specials for forum members?
(#110)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Kinda off topic but other than cost efficiency, what's the tradeoff of using 91+Lucas octane booster vs 93 octane, I want to go to the dyno in the next few months and want to mix 93 with e85 instead of 91.
Use the best fuel you can get... In some states like CA, AZ, and NV, only really crappy 91 octane is offered. So mixing in octane booster can simulate 93 octane here. If you have real 93 octane go for it, or mixing in a few gallons of E85 to your 93, even better!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#111)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonviper
I'm glad I found this thread! I would really love to try this on my Q60 RS. Is there any discounts or specials for forum members?
We run a fixed pricing model and never offer discounts or sales. Allows us to keep a nice low everyday price, market stability, and helps keep resale value up down the road.

Burger Motorsports

(#112)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
We make a Stage1 tune for the C400 too...

Your friend can redeem himself!

http://www.burgertuning.com/mercedes...nce_tuner.html

Burger Motorsports

(#113)
Old

Default 07-09-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
We run a fixed pricing model and never offer discounts or sales. Allows us to keep a nice low everyday price, market stability, and helps keep resale value up down the road.
Gotcha. Is the BMS cable still included? I think I'm ready to add this to my Q60.
(#114)
Old
Demigod

Car: Bmw M2
Default 07-09-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:

Lol, shh, before he needs a jb4 to beat his buddy's stage 1
Maybe that'll be enough of a reason for you to make a jb4 for the Q50.

2017 BMW M2 - Alpine White, 6MT, Fully Loaded
Mods: Stock for now
(#115)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2017, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Gotcha. Is the BMS cable still included? I think I'm ready to add this to my Q60.
That was only offered to the first 10 purchasers, sorry.

Burger Motorsports

(#116)
Old

Default 07-09-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
You won't regret it, trust me. It's cheap you can get it off their site, I wonder if the rev3 Bluetooth logging works on this platform.

Quote:
Use the best fuel you can get... In some states like CA, AZ, and NV, only really crappy 91 octane is offered. So mixing in octane booster can simulate 93 octane here. If you have real 93 octane go for it, or mixing in a few gallons of E85 to your 93, even better!
I'm expirementing with fuel mixes here in California, 91 is pretty **** I'm going to test the octane booster next time.

(#117)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
You won't regret it, trust me. It's cheap you can get it off their site, I wonder if the rev3 Bluetooth logging works on this platform.
Yes for changing boost and logging boost it works the same way.

Burger Motorsports

(#118)
Old

Default 07-09-2017, 01:20 PM

I'm that case, if you're willing to drop an extra couple bucks, buy the rev3 Bluetooth kit addon for the jb4. It's amazing, and way more convenient to log solo on the fly, i love mine, worth looking into for sure. You can update/change the perameters right from the phone app, plus you get all your gauges on there like boost/afr/iat etc.

(#119)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2021 M550i xDrive
Default 07-09-2017, 02:02 PM

Rev3 is on its way out. I have the Rev4 Beta. I'd wait for the next one.

Mike Levy
2021 Tanzanite Blue II M550i xDrive
2018 Silver Equinox LT 2.0T
(#120)
Old

Default 07-09-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
That was only offered to the first 10 purchasers, sorry.
Well I just purchased stage 1 kit for my Q60. Looking forward to the results!
(#121)
Old

Default 07-09-2017, 03:35 PM

Well I placed my order but than received an email stating I need to submit pic of my id and CC to complete order.
(#122)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Well I placed my order but than received an email stating I need to submit pic of my id and CC to complete order.
Happens if your billing and shipping address don't match what the processor reports for the credit card. Not really my department, so email Nhi if you need additional assistance with that.

Burger Motorsports

(#123)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
Rev3 is on its way out. I have the Rev4 Beta. I'd wait for the next one.
They are the same thing from the users perspective.

Burger Motorsports

(#124)
Old

Default 07-09-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:

Yeah I saw... but my friend drives a M4 with the jb4 tune, the C400 was the best car to actually test it out

(#125)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2021 M550i xDrive
Default 07-09-2017, 09:33 PM

Quote:
They are the same thing from the users perspective.
Is it really? I though the Rev4 was going to be updatable.

Mike Levy
2021 Tanzanite Blue II M550i xDrive
2018 Silver Equinox LT 2.0T