N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 135
Default Why is DME BT all over the place? - 04-12-2016, 07:29 AM

I'm usually not looking at DME BT too much, but after switching to MHD backend flash (hybrid E85) I see DME BT jumping around a lot. Is this normal? Can someone explain what's going on? Thanks.

Edit: This is map1, ~E50.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2016-04-04 17_29_04.csv (6.8 KB, 112 views)

2009 135i 6MT Jet Black, FBO+

Last edited by Indo Rider; 04-12-2016 at 07:32 AM.. Reason: add map and fuel info
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2016, 08:55 AM

Just a function of how the flash mapping works when boost is under the DME's target. It will randomly lower DME BT to actual boost as a diagnostic check of some sort. Since the JB4 ignores DME BT when in back end flash mode its of no consequence.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335XI
Default 05-08-2017, 11:15 PM

Terry small question here. even if jb4 ignores dme bt during boost control when on 4/2 it will affect afrs right? if due to some reason dme bt drops afrs will go higher based on numbers inside the flash.

2008 335XI(E92) AT/ garrett gtx3582r with jpworks manifold 1.06AR housing/ tial mv-s 38mm wgs(13.5 psi springs)/ tial bov/ fuel it level1 upgrade/ index 12 injectors/ N20 Map sensor/JB4 ST TS BEF with MHD/ Alpina Flash for now.
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2017, 08:17 AM

No, the DME fueling, timing, etc, is mapped on boost, not boost target.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335XI
Default 05-10-2017, 11:26 PM

I see. I mixed something. so another question here. I assume as far as you are under 21 psi considering that you do not intend to go over 21.5 psi dme sees real boost right ? in that case it can map to boost itself. but for ST setups who run more than 21 i assume there is scaling and for dem to be able to work with conditions we apply multiplier and dme sees 15 psi for example but in real life its 30(if you have boost level 43 for example). so how in this situation afrs are being calculated. STFT will go crazy ?

thanks in advance

2008 335XI(E92) AT/ garrett gtx3582r with jpworks manifold 1.06AR housing/ tial mv-s 38mm wgs(13.5 psi springs)/ tial bov/ fuel it level1 upgrade/ index 12 injectors/ N20 Map sensor/JB4 ST TS BEF with MHD/ Alpina Flash for now.
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-12-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnm135i
Terry

Here DME BT is dropped due to 6th gear torque limiter. Looks to me that both AFR, trims and timing are affected because of this?
That is an F series log with a custom back end flash map. Completely different situation. Work with your flash tuner to resolve your specific issue.

Removed your posts since this is an N54 support thread. We had to suspend your last account for chiming in to unrelated threads spreading incorrect information. If it continues we'll have to suspend your new one as well.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-12-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taron
I see. I mixed something. so another question here. I assume as far as you are under 21 psi considering that you do not intend to go over 21.5 psi dme sees real boost right ? in that case it can map to boost itself. but for ST setups who run more than 21 i assume there is scaling and for dem to be able to work with conditions we apply multiplier and dme sees 15 psi for example but in real life its 30(if you have boost level 43 for example). so how in this situation afrs are being calculated. STFT will go crazy ?

thanks in advance
When factory observed boost is on DME BT then DME BT straightens out. Only when its below target does the DME "hunt" DME BT down to actual boost as part of an internal and completely harmless process.

Burger Motorsports