N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1451)
Old

Car: M3
Default 05-31-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The JB4 default maps might not be the best fit, we plan to add a ZCP specific option to the JB4 settings, with ZCP specific maps.
Terry, does BMS work with any of the companies producing back-end flashes for the JB4? Specifically with the new Bootmod3 product coming out? They said they will have a flash map for JB4 just wanted to know if it was collaborative or all on them.
(#1452)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2016, 12:13 PM

We have not developed an S55 back end flash map yet. I have seen some logs from tuners that made them and some are OK others problematic.

My understanding is once you "jailbreak" the DME then flash maps can be loaded via the OBDII port. If PTFs tuning product works like MHD works currently where we can simply post maps that anyone can modify/load then we'll publish JB4 back end flash maps for it. If it's some complicated VIN locked process that prevents us from distributing maps easily, then we'll wait for MHD to add F series support.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1453)
Old

Car: BMW M3 F80 my 2016
Default 06-04-2016, 03:40 PM

Hello to everyone, this is my first post. I'm a enthusiast M3 F80 my 2016 (full stock) owner and I'm running JB4 from one month (normally in map1) with boost limit in first and second gears to 15 and 18psi, great car and great tune!
Sometimes I use map5, this map for me it's spectacular for the response to low and medium rpm (not too aggressive) and for pushing hard at high rpm.
I read all the post on this forums for S55 and I tried all the spectacular functions of jb4.
My only strange issue is this, if I leave the exhaust flap on Oem operation and then I drive for 20-30 minutes or more in highway at constant speed in efficient and without go up to 4000rpm (2-3000 rpm), when I exit from the highway (and I open the window) I heard a strange noise form the exhaust. If I stop the car with engine at idle I heard this noise very well, it seems that the flap open and close continuously and the only way to return to normal operation is to select sport or sport+ and kick a little on the accelerator pedal, after that the car return to work well. I just try many time but always the same. Another option to return on standard operation when I heard this strange noise is to accelerate over 4000 rpm (so the valve open from dme in efficient too). Another strange thing is that if the car is running on the road if I change from efficient to sport or sport+ the car don't return to normal exhaust sound (but if I stop the car and engine is at idle I can return to everything normal pushing on sport). I had to push over 4000rpm and then It's ok.
Three weeks a ago I update the car to 58.3 from my dealer with a good improvements on suspension response, I noted this strange problem only after this update and I'm not sure if before there was the same problem, because I installed JB4 the first week of May (10 days before the dealer update), but for sure before I never see this issue because I use the car everyday (22k km in 8 months) and with long travel in highway I always use efficient.
I just tried to update to latest firmware 1.58 but it's the same like 1.57 for this problem. I just try with Ista to look at some error but there is no error in DME and if I use the car at high rpm or in sport everything work perfect, the only way to look at this strange problem is to use the car like explained before, in efficient at constant speed and without go up to 4000rpm for Half an hour for example (normally using cruise too) and I notice the valve open close continuously only when I go down with the speed or I stop to pay highway.
Terry do you have any idea about this or how to try to solve? (If you want I can make test for you)
Sorry for my English (I'm writing from Italy)
(#1454)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2016, 03:42 PM

Welcome to the forum. Support requests are deleted from this thread. But if you need help feel free to use our email tech support or the support forum on n54tech!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1455)
Old

Car: BMW M3 F80 my 2016
Default 06-05-2016, 01:39 AM

Thank you and sorry for the mistake.
(#1456)
Old

Car: BMW M4
Default Stage 1 error codes and firmware updates - 06-05-2016, 08:45 PM

I've search the whole thread and couldn't find the answers to my questions...
1) Is it possible to check and clear engine light code using the JB4 software for the Stage 1 tune? I recently installed a down pipe and now have CEL.
2) can I use the same firmware updates for my stage 1?
(#1457)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2016, 08:53 PM

1) No, requires CANbus which is only offered on the JB4.
2) No, Stage1 is an install and run tune. There are no software updates for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#1458)
Old

Car: BMW M4
Default 06-05-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
1) No, requires CANbus which is only offered on the JB4.
2) No, Stage1 is an install and run tune. There are no software updates for it.
Thanks for that information. I guess I'll be getting an OBD scan tool now :-)
(#1459)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-09-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
The JB4 default maps might not be the best fit, we plan to add a ZCP specific option to the JB4 settings, with ZCP specific maps.
Is there an ETA on the specific ZCP maps? I've got my jb4 installed and just sitting disabled.
(#1460)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-09-2016, 10:37 AM

So far map1 has been a good fit on 93 octane. Grab some map1 logs and shoot them in. The more data we get the better.

Burger Motorsports

(#1461)
Old

Car: 2015 M4 DCT
Default 06-10-2016, 03:42 AM

Quick dyno question: My tuner had to deactivate traction control and everything else to run on the dyno, meaning we weren't able to run in MDM Mode. Would this affect power/torque?
(#1462)
Old

Default 06-10-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
So far map1 has been a good fit on 93 octane. Grab some map1 logs and shoot them in. The more data we get the better.
My concern is that I only have access to California 91 octane. So will the increase over ZCP programming damage anything with jb4?
(#1463)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M4
Default 06-11-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsbshawn
My concern is that I only have access to California 91 octane. So will the increase over ZCP programming damage anything with jb4?

Get a datalog of map 1 on 91 octane, preferably few 3rd gear pulls and send them in to be analyzed.
(#1464)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsbshawn
You won't damage anything but we may find custom tuning is required. Since you are on 91 octane then log map3 to start, our normal 91 octane map, and lets evaluate it. The ZCP programming has so far seemed to fair better than we'd expect on lower grade fuels.

Burger Motorsports

(#1465)
Old

Car: M135i
Default Which Firmware - 06-15-2016, 04:41 AM

Hi Terry Can you please confirm which firmware I need to update to..

Stock car Stage 2 Jb4 through OBD running E85 mix.

I see there is 3 versions...

We uploaded 1_55 and now have lost oil temp... and have had a few codes come up after reinstalling after 1st service.

We updated as we saw there were revisions to the maps, The firmware successfully updated through the JB4 app.

Kind Regards,

M135i LCI 8sp, ******* DP, ER FMIC, ER Charge pipe, ER turbo to Intercooler pipe, Muffler & Resonator delete, BMS Filter, JB4, 30% E85 with 98, Stage 2 Fuel It LPFP.
1/4 Mile 11.8 @ 119mph
(#1466)
Old

Car: M3
Default 06-15-2016, 08:56 AM

Try 1_57. That has been stable for me since its release.

I haven't gone to 1_58 as I don't need the additional logging or PI capabilities it possesses, and the change to FUD would mean going through my current setup to make sure it doesn't interfere.
(#1467)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2016, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1353000
Hi Terry Can you please confirm which firmware I need to update to..
The higher the number the newer the firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#1468)
Old

Car: Bmw f80 m3 lci
Default 06-16-2016, 09:22 PM

Is anyone running firmware 1.58 on a stock m3
(#1469)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-16-2016, 10:42 PM

Many are.

Burger Motorsports

(#1470)
Old

Car: Bmw f80 m3 lci
Default 06-17-2016, 05:11 PM

Hey iv updated to firmware 1.58 feels stronger on map 2 is there any changes to this map
(#1471)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-17-2016, 05:52 PM

No tuning changes unless documented in the firmware notes.

Burger Motorsports

(#1472)
Old

Car: 15 F80
Default 06-21-2016, 01:03 PM

Hey Terry,

Can I run 91 on map 3 with intakes and CBE?
(#1473)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-21-2016, 01:13 PM

Our our M4 with our crappy 91, map 3 was fine. If we went to map 1 we started pulling timing.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#1474)
Old

Car: 15 F80
Default 06-21-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Our our M4 with our crappy 91, map 3 was fine. If we went to map 1 we started pulling timing.
I've only used Vpower 91 on all my vehicles and would like to keep it that way.

Thanks for the info Steve!
(#1475)
Old

Car: 135i, 2010, N55, DCT
Default 06-28-2016, 11:18 AM

Managed 11.40@126.9 with only JB and DP's.

N55 DCT, 135i, 12.00@116.2, W/O Meth
,12.01@119.3, With Meth
,11.91@119.025 added BMS Intake
,12.10@115 e85 + ISO
390whp@497 - 0.60 in 3.75sec

Last edited by Track Master; 06-28-2016 at 11:35 AM..