Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-13-2015, 01:23 PM

Sticky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(#677)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-13-2015, 01:28 PM

sticky was active and last posted 6 minutes ago on BB. detective work done, now where is this post

(#678)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 06-13-2015, 03:26 PM

Cant wait to see your external PCV valve!
(#679)
Old

Car: M3
Default 06-13-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmn

sticky was active and last posted 6 minutes ago on BB. detective work done, now where is this post

I appreciate the desire for info but I think many of you have underestimated what this reveal entails and why it took a little longer to put together than a typical thread: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...nd-BB-giveaway

(#680)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 06-13-2015, 05:24 PM

Thanks Sticky, looks great! Good luck everyone on the giveaway!!

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#681)
Old

Default 06-13-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Thanks Sticky, looks great! Good luck everyone on the giveaway!!
Seriously, well done.

Seeing the product and that it was put together in 8 months is pretty impressive. I don't even know why anyone complained about the time frame.

Regardless, this is a very nice step forward.

(#682)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-13-2015, 07:11 PM

Looks amazing Rob! Really looking forward to getting back out there soon.

Sticky, mad props for the giveaway!

(#683)
Old

Default 06-13-2015, 07:18 PM

Subscribed...

2009 335i XDrive (wife's)
Sold - '11 335is - N54 - DCT
Sold - '07 335i - 11.8 @ 120
Sold - '08 128i (wife's)
(#684)
Old

Default 06-13-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickcruiser
Looks amazing Rob! Really looking forward to getting back out there soon.

Sticky, mad props for the giveaway!
My pleasure.

(#685)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 06-13-2015, 07:35 PM

When will we get a dyno and quarter mile time?

----------------
Stacked BMS Flash & JB4, Dinan CAI, ER Chargepipe, 7" VRSF Intercooler, VRSF DP's, ER Sport Oil Cooler w/Steel lines, Gunmetal 19" VMR V710's, 335is clutch, Wavetrac LSD, M3 FSB, M3 Front & Rear Control arms, M3 RSB, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 guide rods
(#686)
Old
Stalker

Default 06-13-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swat
When will we get a dyno and quarter mile time?
Hopefully Trickcruiser is sitting over there with bated breath mentally preparing for the quarter mile time.

Quite frankly that is what we truly care most about, as building 700rwhp 12 sec ET cars are is not one of our interests.

To answer your questions ASAP!!

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#687)
Old

Default 06-13-2015, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Hopefully Trickcruiser is sitting over there with bated breath mentally preparing for the quarter mile time.

Quite frankly that is what we truly care most about, as building 700rwhp 12 sec ET cars are is not one of our interests.

Rob
You know I am ready to run! Once we get everything installed and tuned, the track is going to be one of my top priorities.

(#688)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 06-13-2015, 09:37 PM

Quote:

Rob
Excellent! I want to see ealj world results!

----------------
Stacked BMS Flash & JB4, Dinan CAI, ER Chargepipe, 7" VRSF Intercooler, VRSF DP's, ER Sport Oil Cooler w/Steel lines, Gunmetal 19" VMR V710's, 335is clutch, Wavetrac LSD, M3 FSB, M3 Front & Rear Control arms, M3 RSB, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 guide rods
(#689)
Old

Car: BMW 535xi
Default 06-13-2015, 11:39 PM

This is awesome news! I have already chosen a credit card just for this.
(#690)
Old

Default 06-14-2015, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdady
I apologize for the delay. I had a nightmare experience with my axles. My car has been on jackstands for a month while waiting for my axles. To make s long story short, DSS sent me incomplete/damaged axles three times. Finally I had to take them to a local axle shop and had them redone. I'm not able to use the stronger bolts and one of the tips is damaged. But the axles fit and I'm able to drive my car again. Last night I tried to log but was unable to push the Cobb button, hold the steering wheel and watch for cops... Needless to say the car is insanely fast (now hitting 21 psi) and spools as quick as stock. I will let Robc chime in as I took him for a ride yesterday at the higher boost level.

With regard to sound. It is louder but it's hard to explain. Mainly because of the blow off valve and metal piping. On a scale of 1-10. 10 being the loudest. I would say stock is a 3 and these are a 5. It's not much louder and not offensive in any way.
How does this look under the hood? Any pics to share?
(#691)
Old
Stalker

Default 06-14-2015, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk
How does this look under the hood? Any pics to share?
We have a pic of the test fitters car, however it is NOT production. We'd prefer not to share pics of non-production setup but will of the production setup asap.

(#692)
Old

Car: Bmw 335i e92
Default 06-14-2015, 12:19 PM

Hi Rob would you like to share any technical highlights on these did you end up with various seize turbine wheels or did you decide on just one option?
Pictures looks great
(#693)
Old
Stalker

Default 06-14-2015, 01:29 PM

Aridk,

We are not ready now (or maybe ever) to share much about which the technical specs of the package is concerned. What we hope can be seen however is that we didn't develop this package to be 2nd best.

We also developed this package to have the highest degree of fit and finish imaginable, with no cost spared, with ideal install-ability, and to cater to the crowd with the ultimate street car "real world performer" type mindset. For this reason we are most interested in provided results such as that, and will do so as soon as possible.

We can say that the way we develop our product leaves it much versatility, so there is surely option potential. Keep in mind there are numerous other things going on behind the scenes over here, so there is more to come. Our end expectation is to finalize what we believe will be the benchmark for the N54 turbocharging packages whether present or future.

Happy you enjoyed the pictures.

Thanks,
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aridk
Hi Rob would you like to share any technical highlights on these did you end up with various seize turbine wheels or did you decide on just one option?
Pictures looks great

(#694)
Old

Car: 2010 535i
Default 06-14-2015, 02:01 PM

Looks great! Two questions though.

1. Is that oil cooler delete plate with the AN fittings part of the kit?

2. Any thoughts on a connection kit for diverter valve users?

Thanks!

(#695)
Old
Stalker

Default 06-14-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperware
Looks great! Two questions though.

1. Is that oil cooler delete plate with the AN fittings part of the kit?

2. Any thoughts on a connection kit for diverter valve users?

Thanks!
1. No it is not. It is available here though (note all of our stuff is anodized black these days): http://www.rbturbo.com/products/accessories/rbocdelete

2. We will get to that and the plan is already in place. But it's priority extremely low priority at the moment. We have found most diverter valves that recirc to be sub par in performance to an actual BOV. We have also found the Tial BOV to be EXTREMELY quiet and the absolute best quality unit to run with hi-performance turbos.

Thanks,
Rob

(#696)
Old

Default 06-15-2015, 02:30 AM

Hi Rob. When you get a moment, could you please grab some basic datum measurements from the mock up? This will assist in the RHD guess game. At the moment I can't see much to worry about.
It's pretty hard to explain in a photo but I'm after rough horizontal measurements.
Measurement No1. From the rear wastegate pivot to the outermost point of the rear outlet. (A bit of guess work as it's offset)
Measurement No2. From one of the cover fasteners to the outermost point of the outlet piping.

WM
(#697)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 06-15-2015, 06:07 AM

Nice one! Was about to send Rob a sketch to request those measurements.

Please share the measurements here as I do think the RB EVO will fit.
(#698)
Old

Default 06-15-2015, 06:13 AM

Hopefully Rob will just post them in here. I can't see any reason why this won't bolt up.
There may be a little re-shuffle to fit the filter in but it should be good.

WM
(#699)
Old

Default 06-15-2015, 06:22 AM

What are your target measurements for the RHD fit? I imagine if you were to post these same pics with < or > target it would prob be answered a little easier. I know if I were launching a new product, I would hold detailed specs pretty tightly.

(#700)
Old
Stalker

Default 06-15-2015, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickcruiser
What are your target measurements for the RHD fit? I imagine if you were to post these same pics with < or > target it would prob be answered a little easier. I know if I were launching a new product, I would hold detailed specs pretty tightly.
It is all good, will try to get the framework dimensional specs within the hour. Do not think this will really help much at all, but if you say so we will get it.

Ideally our plan of action is like this:
1) Find the RHD "Rambo" willing to go through some hassles/costs/etc.
2) Get said "Rambo" the kit. Have "Rambo" install and provide pictures of clearance points.
3) Adjust the kit accordingly IF there is a viable solution available.

We feel this will be the ONLY way to ensure the kit will fit (or be made to fit).

Our initial thoughts are these:
1) The front turbo and all affiliated plumbing will have no issues.
2) The rear turbo inlet will have no issues.
3) The rear turbo outlet will have issues and need significant adjustments.

We did look at all of the pictures we could of RHD cars while designing this kit. Overall we felt we needed to design it to work with our primary customer base (which is not RHD) but also while considering the possibility of making it work with RHD along with some to be determined alterations. We feel working through some rear turbo outlet alterations (if at all possible) will get this kit to RHD compatible status.

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 06-15-2015 at 06:57 AM..
Closed Thread