N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old

Car: 08 335xi
Default 06-03-2015, 04:41 AM

Sorry if posting that pic was stupid I just thought it was a good diagram.

http://www.plex-tuning.com/products/...nitor-v2-0-new

^Maybe this is useful though but I doubt would be any better than DME

E85 Calculator for Mobile Android iPhone
11.762 @ 118.40 (335xi Stock Turbo WR)(Totalled)
09 335i xDrive Stock (Sold)
12 GT-R BE 800 awhp 9.8 @ 139
(#127)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 06-07-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyamona
Ok I will hunt them down when I get a chance this week.

That is fine, just keep them together and at the top of threads, etc. Using the most up to date from the repo will always work with your latest bins as well
Any word on getting those other tables mapped? I have a stock turbo car running straight E85 and meth. The current table changes have made a good deal of progress, but I still see small timing pulls every now and then. I'd like to do some further experimentation with this.

2010 335ix - speedtech 6466g2, cams, ported head, built bottom end, 7.5in hd ic, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, upgraded 6hp21+cooler, pr coils
(#128)
Old
Demigod

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 06-08-2015, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knissel
Sorry if posting that pic was stupid I just thought it was a good diagram.

http://www.plex-tuning.com/products/...nitor-v2-0-new

^Maybe this is useful though but I doubt would be any better than DME
I was serious about it being a great find. Great visualization for how a knock sensor differentiates between each cylinder.

I was mostly poking fun at how Terry didn't think it was high tech enough. I guess he has faith in the DME!

2018 Audi RS3 | APR Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#129)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
I was serious about it being a great find. Great visualization for how a knock sensor differentiates between each cylinder.

I was mostly poking fun at how Terry didn't think it was high tech enough. I guess he has faith in the DME!
Heh J&S is pretty old school. Back when it came out it was cutting edge. But much less advanced than our DME's integrated system.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#130)
Old
ex deus machina

Car: E92 N54 335i
Default 06-08-2015, 08:52 PM

only 900 euros (over 1000us)

Daily: G30 M550i JB4
Winter Beast: Audi S4 4.2L V8, Supercharger, brakes, suspension & exhaust mods
Wifes': F15 M50d clone, DUDMD tune, WMI, MPPK front & 50i rear brakes, M50d grill and trim
Gone: E92 N54 468wtq
(#131)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-08-2015, 09:53 PM

I always thought to myself that if I ever ended up owning an S38 car I'd have a Vampire system for it installed.
(#132)
Old
Demigod

Car: 335i MSport DCT
Default 06-24-2015, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N335i
Loaded up a new MHD E85 IJEOS file last night from Terry and my timing drops are finally gone. I've had these issues for over a year now and I feel like my car has been running at 85% of its power potential due to these timing drops but not anymore. Thanks for the hard work guys!

Map 3 75add, E60, 100% Meth, AT, stock turbo's (for now)
Can you post up any before and after logs?

On my car with 60% meth, 40% water and 15% E (UK based, no E85 available) I seem to get great timing on all but cylinder 2. Just wondering if it's false knock. NGK 0.56mm gapped Plugs are less than 100 miles old and coil pack is brand new.

Meth addr 65, E85 flash. DCT transmission.

UK FBO 335i, ̶V̶T̶T̶ ̶G̶C̶s̶ China 19T, JB4, PI meth, BMS CP, OCC, Braided brake lines. Diff Lockdown. TMAP sensor, custom bucketless stage2

11.79@119mph on stockers, CP meth (UK, Santa Pod)
11.74@129mph on GCs, custom port meth injection.
(#133)
Old
Demigod

Default 06-24-2015, 04:47 AM

Hi guys,
do we just have 2 knock detectors? How do we get detection on all cylinders?

I was reading this article. I take it the N54 doesn't use the spark plugs as ion detectors for knock?

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ually-happened

I have been on other threads about indexing plugs. I read this an thought, OMG, are my none OEM NGK plugs being used for knock detection???

Does this method then get used in the M3/M4 making tuning more challenging?

Thanks

UK FBO 335i, ̶V̶T̶T̶ ̶G̶C̶s̶ China 19T, JB4, PI meth, BMS CP, OCC, Braided brake lines. Diff Lockdown. TMAP sensor, custom bucketless stage2

(#134)
Old

Car: 2010 135i 6MT
Default 06-24-2015, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS
Hi guys,
do we just have 2 knock detectors? How do we get detection on all cylinders?

I was reading this article. I take it the N54 doesn't use the spark plugs as ion detectors for knock?

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ually-happened

I have been on other threads about indexing plugs. I read this an thought, OMG, are my none OEM NGK plugs being used for knock detection???

Does this method then get used in the M3/M4 making tuning more challenging?

Thanks
It is one knock sensor per bank, then a time measurement window is applied in the DME for the knock sensors to listen for noise from a particular cylinder. The time window is based on firing order, giving an easy way to detect per cylinder knock.
(#135)
Old
Demigod

Default 06-24-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
It is one knock sensor per bank, then a time measurement window is applied in the DME for the knock sensors to listen for noise from a particular cylinder. The time window is based on firing order, giving an easy way to detect per cylinder knock.
After seeing the earlier diagram I should have put 2 and 2 together. Thanks!

(#136)
Old

Car: E92
Default 07-03-2015, 07:00 PM

Terry, have you been able to get the built motor's timing corrections to go away with these tables?

I'm thinking of going built bottom end, but not at the expense of inconsistent timing.

Thanks

TS N54
(#137)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-03-2015, 09:35 PM

No it's been out of commission for the last few weeks. We took it apart to make a new intake or mount our single filter and gave up. Just no space with the FFTEC bottom mount kit. But in the process had to pull the water pump, etc, and haven't had the time to put it back together. I'm looking forward to testing it soon though.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#138)
Old

Car: 335is DCT
Default 07-04-2015, 08:05 AM

Has anyone defined these tables for ILAOS_IS xdf?

335is DCT
(#139)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-04-2015, 08:55 AM

We have them in INA0S. Just switch to MHD to load it.

Burger Motorsports

(#140)
Old

Default 07-04-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We have them in INA0S. Just switch to MHD to load it.
I haven't made that leap yet. Most the 335is people I know on flash only are still on Cobb. I've been trying to get a hold of a INA0S_IS bin file so I can play around with it in TunerPro.

335is DCT
(#141)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-04-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
No it's been out of commission for the last few weeks. We took it apart to make a new intake or mount our single filter and gave up. Just no space with the FFTEC bottom mount kit. But in the process had to pull the water pump, etc, and haven't had the time to put it back together. I'm looking forward to testing it soon though.
If it's already at that point, might as well make it a VM kit LOL!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#142)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-04-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musc
I haven't made that leap yet. Most the 335is people I know on flash only are still on Cobb. I've been trying to get a hold of a INA0S_IS bin file so I can play around with it in TunerPro.
Oh if flash only who knows. We only do JB4 + back end maps around here. With MHD you don't have the torque limiter in place, which is good for the DCT trans. It's well worth the $80 entry fee IMHO.

Burger Motorsports

(#143)
Old

Default 07-04-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Oh if flash only who knows. We only do JB4 + back end maps around here. With MHD you don't have the torque limiter in place, which is good for the DCT trans. It's well worth the $80 entry fee IMHO.
No 18.5psi cap or torque limits on Cobb with ILA0S_IS. Been enjoying this before MHD even existed

I8A0S and IJE0S benefited the most from MHD. The only advantage I see on the 'is' rom is access to the knock table and I am not convinced I should be touching those just yet

335is DCT
(#144)
Old

Default 07-05-2015, 05:02 PM

ILA0S_IS knock tables defined. Guess it is time to experiment.

Terry, how far have you increased these values? I see on the E85 flash you have them maxed at 3. Did you ever try higher than that? Have you pushed the other table values higher/lower than whats in your E85 flash?
Attached Images

335is DCT
(#145)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-05-2015, 08:49 PM

There are two other tables that act as master limits. So I'd just run the values in our back end flash map. The values we run max out the individual tables and in essence run at the master tables.

The thing is without MHD you'll be capped at stock torque ceiling. For anyone with a DCT I'd suggest spending the $80. It's well worth it.

Burger Motorsports

(#146)
Old

Default 07-06-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:
There are two other tables that act as master limits. So I'd just run the values in our back end flash map. The values we run max out the individual tables and in essence run at the master tables.

The thing is without MHD you'll be capped at stock torque ceiling. For anyone with a DCT I'd suggest spending the $80. It's well worth it.
Think it's worth me spending the time to define these master tables? Would there be a benefit in raising them?
(#147)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 07-06-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Think it's worth me spending the time to define these master tables? Would there be a benefit in raising them?
They're defined in Terry's XDF, so it shouldn't be a big deal for you to add them the the open source version.
(#148)
Old

Default 07-06-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nniftyfour
They're defined in Terry's XDF, so it shouldn't be a big deal for you to add them the the open source version.
No they're not. He's talking about two different tables here. You're thinking of Max vs Temps and Intensity 1 and 2. There are two more I didn't get around to finding yet.
(#149)
Old

Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default 07-06-2015, 01:12 PM

Seriously cannot wait to get the shop car back on the road so we can try these.

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
(#150)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-06-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
It can't hurt. At some point we'll go too far and start blowing stuff up. But, my gut feeling is we could probably push it a bit further on straight E85.

Burger Motorsports