N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#501)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 05-02-2015, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD
It works, but throws an error code. Plenty of Euro owners (me included) flashed US canned bins, it's no big deal.
So you want to say guys, that my DMTL pump error (2A13), and possibly thermostat error (2EF4) are caused by BMS flash (via MHD)? I have got worse consumption too (by 20%) but thought it is the reason why my car is so fast lately

E92 335i N54, Hexon RR500, JB4, DCI, MMP inlets, ER chargepipe, Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port BOV, ATM IC, Wagner downp*pes, MPerformance exhaust, oil cooler, trebila flash (via MHD Flasher), E60, M Performance 370mm brakes, styling 313 wheels, M Performance suspension, Fuelit Stage2, MFactory LSD, MFactory SMWF
(#502)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 05-02-2015, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksebik
So you want to say guys, that my DMTL pump error (2A13), and possibly thermostat error (2EF4) are caused by BMS flash (via MHD)? I have got worse consumption too (by 20%) but thought it is the reason why my car is so fast lately
Im currently only getting 15mpg currently with the e85 flash
But your right about the fast part
(#503)
Old

Default 05-02-2015, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksebik
I also have faults; DMTL (2A13) and thermostat (2EF4) since I flashed Pump and increase fuel is horrible
Please add option European cars.
Thank you.

EURO - E92 335i - AT - I8A0S - JB4 G5 32.2 - MHD Flash Pump - DCI - DP
(#504)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i 6AT
Default 05-02-2015, 10:17 PM

Just went and purchased a tablet, cables, paid another 100 for MHD software and flashed my DME and it's now running the worst I have ever seen it.

Got misfire on cylinder 4 and lambda probe errors.

Something doesn't play nice between the JB4 and the flash - and there are no clear instructions to follow.

I have set all AFR bias to zero in JB4, set 4 for I8A0S logging, selected menu 4/2 in dash controls, and tried maps 1 and 2.

The car does not boost well at all, even stuttered and began vibrating heavily. I've ran JB4 standalone for the last 6 months without so much as even an error code.

Previously with just JB4, I've run 98RON on map 2, and up to 30% E85 on map 5 with great results.

What is going on?

On a side note, every time the JB4 interface is updated the settings and descriptions become even more convoluted and ambiguous. There is no thread or instructional on the settings that need to be tweaked for changing from piggyback to flash, and the previous CPS settings have now changed to Duty bias?? err what?
(#505)
Old

Default 05-02-2015, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty89
Just went and purchased a tablet, cables, paid another 100 for MHD software and flashed my DME and it's now running the worst I have ever seen it.

Something doesn't play nice between the JB4 and the flash - and there are no clear instructions to follow.

I have set all AFR bias to zero in JB4, set 4 for I8A0S logging, selected menu 4/2 in dash controls, and tried maps 1 and 2.

The car does not boost well at all, even stuttered and began vibrating heavily. I've ran JB4 standalone for the last 6 months without so much as even an error code.

Previously with just JB4, I've run 98RON on map 2, and up to 30% E85 on map 5 with great results.

What is going on?

On a side note, every time the JB4 interface is updated the settings and descriptions become even more convoluted and ambiguous. There is no thread or instructional on the settings that need to be tweaked for changing from piggyback to flash, and the previous CPS settings have now changed to Duty bias?? err what?
Guessing user error or hardware issue... Provide more info, map used?? Fuel?

M-Sport 135i - N54 - FBO - E60 - Mfactory LSD - MHD - JB4 - SPX Tuned
(#506)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-02-2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:

What is going on?

got the same exact issue when i tried siwtching different flashes. before, i had the e85 backend flash and it ran great but a little too aggressive for my mods and sometimes i would get limp mode. im on the pump flash and my car doesnt build much boost ,if any ,at all
(#507)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i 6AT
Default 05-02-2015, 10:38 PM

Using BMS pump flash, modified with tuner pro for European car.

Fuel is 98 RON, using maps 1 and 2 from JB4.

There are no "reset to default" JB4 settings, and there are no instructions on which settings require elimination for running a flash.
(#508)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 05-03-2015, 07:05 AM

Are you running the most recent updates to the flash and JB4 firmware? Pics of your settings and logs would be most helpful.

07 E92 335I | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS E85 Flash | DCI | BMS *** | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCU Flash | Walbro GLS392 | E70 | 429rwhp/474rwtq

(#509)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 05-03-2015, 12:53 PM

I got my cable and installed the MHD, connected to my ECU and read and backup ECU, my HW showing 7611358?! My ECU should be MSD81 but why I get this 7611358?

Any hints or advice?
Attached Images

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#510)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-03-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Rather than this description of the issue which takes a long time for you to type, and is not possible to troubleshoot with, why not post a JB4 CSV log which takes only a few seconds to attach?

The exact codes would be good too.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#511)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 05-04-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsportzn135i
Terry, is there any benefit running your E85 MHD flash instead of running your E85 BB flash?
It is better for AT cars and upgraded turbos cars. Differences will keep increasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantoine56
same result on multiple flashes....could it be the cable or the phone? i reflashed back through BB flash for now.
Faulty cables-phones can only result in failing flashes. A successful flash cannot be different than another. You need to post in the support section with details to get help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcara
I've searched but can't find what maps would be best to use for different situations. Can only the back end maps be used with jb4 or can any maps be used with it? How are the back end maps different from the other?
Either you use JB4 for boost control with a BMS back end, or setup the jb4 as passive to run MHD maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan313
got the same exact issue when i tried siwtching different flashes. before, i had the e85 backend flash and it ran great but a little too aggressive for my mods and sometimes i would get limp mode. im on the pump flash and my car doesnt build much boost ,if any ,at all
same, please make a post with details in the support section.
(#512)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 05-04-2015, 02:58 PM

No responses or acknowledgement to EU required maps?

Are US customers your only customers Terry?
(#513)
Old

Car: 135i 6MT
Default 05-04-2015, 03:56 PM

it seriously takes a matter of seconds/minutes to covert the changes onto a copy of your own stock rom.

There are instructions on how to do this already using tunerpro. Personally i think everybody should be doing this anyway. I want the undefined data in my ECU to be related to my own car, not somebody elses.
(#514)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink
Martial has already raised this with Terry, However Terry either has no time, or refuses to see that there are differences between US and EU bin files... However we are all proof to this and can confirm this.
Our JB4 back end flash maps are provided free of charge for you do with as you please. Run them as is or use them as a reference to make your own BIN. That is entirely up to you.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#515)
Old

Car: 135i N54
Default 05-05-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba114
it seriously takes a matter of seconds/minutes to covert the changes onto a copy of your own stock rom.

There are instructions on how to do this already using tunerpro. Personally i think everybody should be doing this anyway. I want the undefined data in my ECU to be related to my own car, not somebody elses.

Where are these instructions? Having no problems with the canned flash but sounds like a nice read.
(#516)
Old

Car: BMW 135i N54
Default 05-05-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Our JB4 back end flash maps are provided free of charge for you do with as you please. Run them as is or use them as a reference to make your own BIN. That is entirely up to you.
I'll knock up a quick and nasty How-To thread.

2016 F22 M240i | 8ZF
(#517)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2015, 09:06 AM

Thx! The only catch might be the XDF files. I'll be sure to update those on the open flash thread shortly.

Burger Motorsports

(#518)
Old

Car: BMW 135i N54
Default 05-05-2015, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Thx! The only catch might be the XDF files. I'll be sure to update those on the open flash thread shortly.
Done. http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30402

Any comments/additions are welcome.

2016 F22 M240i | 8ZF
(#519)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 05-05-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
This may be your approach, however your customers are worldwide. And you're only releasing a BMS flash for USDM vehicles. The only other variant is EU which addresses the rest of the world when it comes to a different DME variant.

You are an engineer and tuner by trade, a respected expert in your field and product you provide, obviously your customers that are located outside of the U.S. Would like a simple EU file which shouldn't be hard for you to do at all.

You would think (from your response) that we're asking for your backend flash to work on a procede or some other piggyback....but we're asking for this to work on your own product. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element
I'll knock up a quick and nasty How-To thread.
You are awesome Element! Totally not your prorogative to do, but doing so to help out the EU/APAC/OCEANIA regions!!!

I don't have my car back, but hopefully one of the other EU boys can test it out.
(#520)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-05-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
You would think (from your response) that we're asking for your backend flash to work on a procede or some other piggyback....but we're asking for this to work on your own product.
I'm not aware of any significant issues using the canned flash map on EU cars. If you want to host a thread with the details I'll see if we can accommodate changes for it.

The idea here though with these back end flash maps is you'll take the base map and do with it what you will. Be it flash it directly as the 90% do, port it over to your BIN, modify it, etc. It sounds to me like you have an expectation gap on what is being provided.

Burger Motorsports

(#521)
Old

Car: 2010 535i
Default 05-05-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
This may be your approach, however your customers are worldwide. And you're only releasing a BMS flash for USDM vehicles. The only other variant is EU which addresses the rest of the world when it comes to a different DME variant.

You are an engineer and tuner by trade, a respected expert in your field and product you provide, obviously your customers that are located outside of the U.S. Would like a simple EU file which shouldn't be hard for you to do at all.

You would think (from your response) that we're asking for your backend flash to work on a procede or some other piggyback....but we're asking for this to work on your own product. Lol
The flash isn't a BMS product. It's a free, unencrypted file and the instructions to modify it are readily available. I understand the frustration, but from a business standpoint, their effort is better spent on improving the products they make money off of. If you are willing to pay, I'm sure someone could cook one up for you. Or better yet, start hittin' the books and you could be the guy!

(#522)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 05-05-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
What tables are missing currently? I have some updated xdf files but I don't know how recent. Would be nice to get the latest and greatest. Please post a note when updated. Thank you

2010 335ix - speedtech 6466g2, cams, ported head, built bottom end, 7.5in hd ic, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, upgraded 6hp21+cooler, pr coils
(#523)
Old
Demigod

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 05-06-2015, 10:45 AM

Can't find any info anywhere. It seems with these flashes I can't get the JB4 to force the CANflap closed. Is it set to be open all the time in the flash?

2018 Audi RS3 | APR Stage 1 E85 and 91 Flashes | JB4 for Logging

SOLD: 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...
(#524)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 05-06-2015, 02:30 PM

Any idea how to get ride of the code 2FA3 Coding missing after flashing back to stock?

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#525)
Old

Car: 2009 535i xdrive
Default 05-06-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1841
Can't find any info anywhere. It seems with these flashes I can't get the JB4 to force the CANflap closed. Is it set to be open all the time in the flash?
I have a 535 but on my car. 4,4 and 4,5 are reversed for some reason.

2009 535xi - JB4 G5 ISO -BMS Race Flash- BMS Intake - ER CP- Forge DVs- Active Autowerke intercooler- Gone

Activehybrid 3 - JB4 EWG/OBD- CTS Turbo Intake- VRSF CP- Bavsound Stage 1- current