N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#226)
Old

Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default 01-03-2015, 11:05 AM

I'm choosing not to read your response, I do not know if it is good, bad or otherwise. But I am not going to engage in this petty back and forth. Good luck in 2015

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
(#227)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 01-03-2015, 01:43 PM

Are you denying the fact that you're selling turbos that are coming straight out of China? If you want to go there we can Bc im pretty sure I can find picture proof. "The way you talk is like" "it is also clear you are very young" for your info I'm 26 owned a house for 4 years and worked for General Electric as a service tech for 8. Sounds to me you're just getting defensive Bc I called you out on your Chinese junk. So like I said I can start posting pictures of your China n55 stage 1 if you want or you can be a man about it and admit to everyone you are trying to sell cheap Chinese junk to the n55 community. Oh should I go over what happened F80/82 post and revive the dead? Pretty sure you tried to sell them a set of stage 1 turbos for 5k that didn't make sh1t for power....your products prove you know nothing about turbo manufacturing and your little childish posts are going to put you out of buisness. I don't pretend to know anything about how a turbo is made BUT I will inform the community when there's junk being sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech
If you think Pure is having their parts made in the USA you were sold a bill of goods. So they have a CNC mill in house, and cut their own housings, that is the extent of the machine work they do, they do not cast, or machine wheels, nor do they produce housings, ALL of their wheels are made in Asia, this is a fact. Garrett turbochargers are now made in Asia, as are the MHI turbos on every N54, the new S55's the list goes on and one and on, and just about every single turbocharger part, including PTE, Comp, you name it. I mean if you want to be really real, our stage 2 DBB, and JB are made in Asia as well, because Garrett parts are coming from China, and so are the MHI's. The key is using people you trust, and have years of experience with, as we do with our many suppliers. As far as doing machining in house, we just bought a CNC mill simply because the machine shop can no longer keep up with our demand so we will bring some of the machining in house, they way you talk it is very clear you really do not know anything of machining, or the manufacturing process of turbochargers (it is also clear you are very young). Go ahead and ask Jesse where that compressor wheel in your Pure Stage 1 was made, because its no secret, if Asian parts have no place on a BMW you better pull that thing off ASAP, I do not even think all Borg Warner parts are made in the USA anymore, the big turbo companies tried to keep this stuff quiet for a long time, but its just the way of the world now. There is a reason the Chinese economy is booming, quality products at a good price, if you know where to look that is. Happy new year sir.

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#228)
Old

Car: '70 E9 Turbo, '88 M5, '11 335d
Default 01-03-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
If you think Pure is having their parts made in the USA you were sold a bill of goods. So they have a CNC mill in house, and cut their own housings, that is the extent of the machine work they do, they do not cast, or machine wheels, nor do they produce housings, ALL of their wheels are made in Asia, this is a fact. Garrett turbochargers are now made in Asia, as are the MHI turbos on every N54, the new S55's the list goes on and one and on, and just about every single turbocharger part, including PTE, Comp, you name it. I mean if you want to be really real, our stage 2 DBB, and JB are made in Asia as well, because Garrett parts are coming from China, and so are the MHI's. The key is using people you trust, and have years of experience with, as we do with our many suppliers. As far as doing machining in house, we just bought a CNC mill simply because the machine shop can no longer keep up with our demand so we will bring some of the machining in house, they way you talk it is very clear you really do not know anything of machining, or the manufacturing process of turbochargers (it is also clear you are very young). Go ahead and ask Jesse where that compressor wheel in your Pure Stage 1 was made, because its no secret, if Asian parts have no place on a BMW you better pull that thing off ASAP, I do not even think all Borg Warner parts are made in the USA anymore, the big turbo companies tried to keep this stuff quiet for a long time, but its just the way of the world now. There is a reason the Chinese economy is booming, quality products at a good price, if you know where to look that is. Happy new year sir.
There are some parts we use that come from Asia, simply because they are not offered from any other USA based company. Some Asian parts are OK to use. Much of it is not (by our standards). That being said,

-Please do not pretend like you know where all our parts come from.
-Please do not pretend like you know "the extent of our machine work".
-Yes, a large portion of our component inventory comes from a shop that machines and manufactures here in Cali. You may not know of them. They are word-of-mouth only.

Please leave us out of this. Thanks Sir.
(#229)
Old

Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default 01-03-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Turbos
There are some parts we use that come from Asia, simply because they are not offered from any other USA based company. Some Asian parts are OK to use. Much of it is not (by our standards). That being said,

-Please do not pretend like you know where all our parts come from.
-Please do not pretend like you know "the extent of our machine work".
-Yes, a large portion of our component inventory comes from a shop that machines and manufactures here in Cali. You may not know of them. They are word-of-mouth only.

Please leave us out of this. Thanks Sir.
Jesse this was no way a slam on you guys, we know as well as you do that you can source very high quality parts at good prices outside of the US if you use reputable manufactures. You guys were brought into this buy your misinformed customer telling people ALL your parts are made in the USA, and trying to make us look bad at the same time. I simply spoke the truth of where turbo manufacturing has moved for just about every turbo company out there. Do poor quality parts exist they sure do, and we would never use them because of our high standards, but so do high quality ones if you harbor long lasting relationships. We feel the same as you, we go outside of the US on some things because of the inability of many US manufactures to produce the same quality goods at a competitive price. I know the manufacture you speak of, and I know you do not source all your parts from them.

We also know exactly what machine work you do in house as I know what equipment you have, you have a CNC mill, that will work just fine for machining compressor, and turbine housings. You do not have a CNC milling center with enough Axis to machine your own wheels, you do not have a forge, meaning you do not cast your own products, these are not guesses or bashes, these are just facts of what machining tools are your disposal in house, that your customer is misinformed of this fact is not our mistake. In the future it may be beneficial to inform you customers of exactly where the products in their turbos are coming from so they do not post misinformation and start discussions like this. We have no beef with you at all, we can coexist in peace, but when you have a customer trying to make us look bad while using your name, expect a response. We wish you a happy new year.

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
(#230)
Old

Car: 135i 6MT
Default 01-03-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy123
Are you denying the fact that you're selling turbos that are coming straight out of China? If you want to go there we can Bc im pretty sure I can find picture proof. "The way you talk is like" "it is also clear you are very young" for your info I'm 26 owned a house for 4 years and worked for General Electric as a service tech for 8. Sounds to me you're just getting defensive Bc I called you out on your Chinese junk. So like I said I can start posting pictures of your China n55 stage 1 if you want or you can be a man about it and admit to everyone you are trying to sell cheap Chinese junk to the n55 community. Oh should I go over what happened F80/82 post and revive the dead? Pretty sure you tried to sell them a set of stage 1 turbos for 5k that didn't make sh1t for power....your products prove you know nothing about turbo manufacturing and your little childish posts are going to put you out of buisness. I don't pretend to know anything about how a turbo is made BUT I will inform the community when there's junk being sold
It's pretty naive to think that all chinese/asian made products are junk. I think its also very outdated thinking that "made in the USA" = best quality. I think you would find some very poorly produced products coming out of the good old US of A.

You talk of "chinese junk", yet you rely on many electrical components within your car that were likely sourced and/or produced in china/asia, not necessarily assembled there though.

I have also in the past, had car audio amplifiers designed and built in korea, paid for tooling etc. These exact models were then re-produced for a major name brand in the USA and marketed as a US product. The only difference between the model i paid for, and the model produced for the US company, was the colour of the amplifier heatsink.

Last edited by ba114; 01-03-2015 at 07:43 PM..
(#231)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 01-03-2015, 07:47 PM

So about that stage 2...

2011 135i - N55 - JB4 ISO - FBO + Meth + Corn
VTT JB Stage 2 with VTT Forge DV and VTT N55 Waste Gate Upgrade

Pump Gas
60' ... 1.850
1/8 MPH ... 98.06
1/4 ... 11.735
Trap ... 122.71
(#232)
Old

Car: 07 BMW 335
Default 01-04-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Jesse this was no way a slam on you guys, we know as well as you do that you can source very high quality parts at good prices outside of the US if you use reputable manufactures. You guys were brought into this buy your misinformed customer telling people ALL your parts are made in the USA, and trying to make us look bad at the same time. I simply spoke the truth of where turbo manufacturing has moved for just about every turbo company out there. Do poor quality parts exist they sure do, and we would never use them because of our high standards, but so do high quality ones if you harbor long lasting relationships. We feel the same as you, we go outside of the US on some things because of the inability of many US manufactures to produce the same quality goods at a competitive price. I know the manufacture you speak of, and I know you do not source all your parts from them.

We also know exactly what machine work you do in house as I know what equipment you have, you have a CNC mill, that will work just fine for machining compressor, and turbine housings. You do not have a CNC milling center with enough Axis to machine your own wheels, you do not have a forge, meaning you do not cast your own products, these are not guesses or bashes, these are just facts of what machining tools are your disposal in house, that your customer is misinformed of this fact is not our mistake. In the future it may be beneficial to inform you customers of exactly where the products in their turbos are coming from so they do not post misinformation and start discussions like this. We have no beef with you at all, we can coexist in peace, but when you have a customer trying to make us look bad while using your name, expect a response. We wish you a happy new year.
Happy New Year Tony what happened to your PR guy? The fact that you sound like such a douche scolding Pure telling them they should inform their customers.

Good luck in the New Year if anyone is stupid enough after reading countless forums where you run your mouth on products of yours with huge claims and no real world users backing them.

There are many proven products out turbo wise with proven end user results for any truly informed person to chose from RB, Pure, FFTEC, VM, Motiv.

You came in these forums showing off your big turbos the size of trucks touting what a great company you have and you make this and that kind of turbo for everything. Three years and counting is all I have to say for your stage 3s. There are guys on the forums that built there single turbos from scratch on here and you guys can not manage any stage 3s yet.

Tony you sir are a joke on every forum. Hell they have a bash tread started on Bimmerboost for you alone that goes to show just how respected you are in the BMW community. http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...Vargas-Bashing

Sticky is even out stating how you are the only vendor that requires him to continuously ban people in your threads for speaking negatively on you and your products.

So before you come at me I am only putting out information about you to inform your customers or potential customers of your history in the BMW forums and community.

2011 335is DCT
Pure Stage 2 Hi-Flo Turbos | PSP outlets | RB Inlets | Wagner Evo 2 intercooler | Wagner Dpipes's | JB4 G5/MHD| Precision Raceworks Coils |PFS Bucketed Double shot LPFP | Phoenix Charge Pipe with Tial BOV | JB4 G5/MHD | BMS DCI's

RIP 2007 E90 335i
Doc Race 6266 Single Turbo | TFT Charge Pipe | JB4 G5/MHD | FuelIt stg 3 LPFP | Cpe/BMS PI | 100% E85 | DSS Axles | Cpe FMIC | Tial BOV

N54 World Record ET: 10.721 | Best MPH 130.92
(#233)
Old

Car: 2011 e92 335xi
Default 01-04-2015, 11:03 AM

Whatever happened to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vargasturbotech
Going forward I will be doing the majority of the speaking on behalf of VTT as well as managing sales/communication in general. Tony will be focused heavily on developing new products and managing production. I am very aware of the opinions some people have (and readily spread throughout the forums) about our company and will be working very hard going forward to build a more positive brand image for VTT. We're looking forward to a new year with a renewed focus on customer experience and community involvement. In particular our presence on the forums and the specific ways in which our products are promoted. In 2015 we will be launching a new website, new products and attempting to break our own world records while simultaneously building a reputation that is as powerful as the cars featuring our products.

Happy Holidays and best wishes,
Vargas Sales
(#234)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 01-04-2015, 11:03 AM

There is a thread over at n54tech.de (german forum) that talk about vtt silicone tubes may be the only product worth buying from vargas.

I really hope pure turbos and rb turbos n55 perform better than the vargas super expensive own the world ball bearing n55 stage2.

F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#235)
Old

Car: 2011 335i
Default 01-06-2015, 11:06 AM

Interesting debate.

Hopefully this leads to a price slashing war.