N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
135i_AKA_TheVesuvius 135i_AKA_TheVesuvius is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jan 2014
Car: 135I
Default Insight on my modding decisions - 01-31-2014, 03:09 PM

Hey, I will begin installing bms intake, bms cowl filters, jb stage1. Im debating if I should upgrade my tune or not. I dont plan to be FBO until my warranty ends (1year) so Im thinking the stage 1 would be fine until then. Just seeking some opinions on which way to go. I have a decent monthly modding budget but want to spend it wisely until I go FBO. Thanks in advance for any insight.
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
Randy7fx's Avatar
Randy7fx Randy7fx is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 52
Join Date: Jan 2014
Car: X1
Default 02-01-2014, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_AKA_TheVesuvius
Hey, I will begin installing bms intake, bms cowl filters, jb stage1. Im debating if I should upgrade my tune or not. I dont plan to be FBO until my warranty ends (1year) so Im thinking the stage 1 would be fine until then. Just seeking some opinions on which way to go. I have a decent monthly modding budget but want to spend it wisely until I go FBO. Thanks in advance for any insight.
Greetings from NC. Why not go JB4 now? Any warranty implications would be the same between the two.
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
135i_AKA_TheVesuvius 135i_AKA_TheVesuvius is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jan 2014
Car: 135I
Default 02-01-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy7fx
Greetings from NC. Why not go JB4 now? Any warranty implications would be the same between the two.
Well I wanted to introduce the mods slowly so I could feel the difference over stock. Since I already have the stage 1 I figured Id install it with intake, scoops, and pedal box to start out. Id prob just run stage 1 this month then upgrade. Im looking forward to attending some meet ups in the Raleigh area and maybe get some track time in. Hows the BMW scene out your way?
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
BOXERatHEART BOXERatHEART is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jan 2014
Car: 09' 135i
Default 02-02-2014, 02:05 AM

Just get the jb4 stick with map 1...
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
P90Puma P90Puma is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 62
Join Date: Sep 2013
Car: 08 135i FBO
Default 02-02-2014, 08:25 AM

Getting anything other than the JB4 is a waste of money.
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
135i_AKA_TheVesuvius 135i_AKA_TheVesuvius is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jan 2014
Car: 135I
Default 02-02-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P90Puma
Getting anything other than the JB4 is a waste of money.
Yeah I was looking at Cobb but I plan on running meth eventually and the price difference is too wide. Should I play it safe and upgrade my charge pipe before running the jb4 map1?
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
Xshadows Xshadows is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 303
Join Date: Mar 2013
Car: 2008 135i
Default 02-02-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_AKA_TheVesuvius
Yeah I was looking at Cobb but I plan on running meth eventually and the price difference is too wide. Should I play it safe and upgrade my charge pipe before running the jb4 map1?
I'm down in Sanford, looks like I might have to take a trip up to Raleigh this weekend or next to meet up and give you some N54 info! Until then, here is a picture of my car.

Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
135i_AKA_TheVesuvius 135i_AKA_TheVesuvius is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jan 2014
Car: 135I
Default 02-03-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xshadows
I'm down in Sanford, looks like I might have to take a trip up to Raleigh this weekend or next to meet up and give you some N54 info! Until then, here is a picture of my car.

That is one nice looking 1er! Im hoping to get some wheeks for the summer next. Going to place my jb upgrade later today. If weather is clear on thursday I'm going to install bms intake, carbon mirror caps, scoops, and shade the taillights. Are your amber deletes tint or plastic covers?
Reply With Quote
(#9)
Old
Vertigo's Avatar
Vertigo Vertigo is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 571
Join Date: May 2012
Car: AW 335i
Default 02-03-2014, 11:41 AM

No No... just get the JB4 right off the bat. You will be limited to Map 1 stock. You can then switch to Map 2 and Map 5 once you get DCIs and some *********. Then toss in some E85 on map 5 and have hella fun. The JB4 is nice since its a one stop shop in terms of accommodating different level of mods.


2008 335i stock
Reply With Quote
(#10)
Old
135i_AKA_TheVesuvius 135i_AKA_TheVesuvius is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jan 2014
Car: 135I
Default 02-03-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo
No No... just get the JB4 right off the bat. You will be limited to Map 1 stock. You can then switch to Map 2 and Map 5 once you get DCIs and some *********. Then toss in some E85 on map 5 and have hella fun. The JB4 is nice since its a one stop shop in terms of accommodating different level of mods.
Placing my order for upgrade as soon as I leave work. Im installing a bms intake will that allow me to run another map other than 1? Is an upgrade on both charge pipe and ********* a must on any other map besides 1? Thanks for the input.
Reply With Quote
(#11)
Old
Vertigo's Avatar
Vertigo Vertigo is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 571
Join Date: May 2012
Car: AW 335i
Default 02-03-2014, 01:22 PM

Unless I am unaware of something a chargepipe is not needed ever until running meth...


2008 335i stock
Reply With Quote
(#12)
Old
135i_AKA_TheVesuvius 135i_AKA_TheVesuvius is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jan 2014
Car: 135I
Default 02-03-2014, 01:28 PM

Just paid for the upgrade. Ive read alot of post where stock charge ***** have cracked under increased boost. Maybe im confused Ive read so many different forums lately. So Ill need to upgrade my down pipe to change to another map going forward?
Reply With Quote
(#13)
Old
Jason @ BMS's Avatar
Jason @ BMS Jason @ BMS is offline
Administrator
 
Posts: 329
Join Date: Oct 2008
Car: M340i,X5,Raptor,C7 ZR1
Default 02-04-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo
Unless I am unaware of something a chargepipe is not needed ever until running meth...
Some customers with tuned N54 and N55 vehicles and even some of the BMS cars have blown up their factory chargepipes on the street and at the track. There is a weak spot in the factory plastic couplers. It's good to have the metal BMS one for extra stability in the chargepipe area even without meth. The stock ones are restrictive and crappy but as far as tuning goes I would go JB4, BMS Intake, ********, BMS OCC, Chargepipe, BMS Low Temp Stat, Intercooler, then methanol or race gas or E85/mix if you want to get crazy.

Then if you don't have BMS spacers get those for some added stability.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#14)
Old
135i_AKA_TheVesuvius 135i_AKA_TheVesuvius is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jan 2014
Car: 135I
Talking 02-05-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ BMS
Some customers with tuned N54 and N55 vehicles and even some of the BMS cars have blown up their factory chargepipes on the street and at the track. There is a weak spot in the factory plastic couplers. It's good to have the metal BMS one for extra stability in the chargepipe area even without meth. The stock ones are restrictive and crappy but as far as tuning goes I would go JB4, BMS Intake, ********, BMS OCC, Chargepipe, BMS Low Temp Stat, Intercooler, then methanol or race gas or E85/mix if you want to get crazy.

Then if you don't have BMS spacers get those for some added stability.
I received the jb4 today (super fast shipping). I'm a little confused as I only received the jb4 box nothing else. I thought I read that I would need to upgrade my stage 1 harness with wires provided with the upgrade in order to properly install. Can't wait to install!! Bms intake, scoops, jb4, pedal box all installing tomorrow if weather permits.
Reply With Quote
(#15)
Old
Vertigo's Avatar
Vertigo Vertigo is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 571
Join Date: May 2012
Car: AW 335i
Default 02-05-2014, 03:04 PM

Pedal Box? Whats this? Shouldn't need this with JB4 unless its 135 specific and I have no idea what it is...


2008 335i stock
Reply With Quote
(#16)
Old
135i_AKA_TheVesuvius 135i_AKA_TheVesuvius is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jan 2014
Car: 135I
Default 02-05-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo
Pedal Box? Whats this? Shouldn't need this with JB4 unless its 135 specific and I have no idea what it is...
Co worker has one for his vw and raved about it. I got one at a good price and figured I'd give it a shot. It has sparked some debates in other forums. I'll post how it worked or didn't for me once I try it out.

Www.pedalbox.com
Reply With Quote
(#17)
Old
Terry @ BMS's Avatar
Terry @ BMS Terry @ BMS is offline
Tuner
 
Posts: 32,859
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default 02-05-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_AKA_TheVesuvius
I received the jb4 today (super fast shipping). I'm a little confused as I only received the jb4 box nothing else. I thought I read that I would need to upgrade my stage 1 harness with wires provided with the upgrade in order to properly install. Can't wait to install!! Bms intake, scoops, jb4, pedal box all installing tomorrow if weather permits.
If you have an older harness without add on wires you'll need those two. Just email the warehouse for them.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#18)
Old
135i_AKA_TheVesuvius 135i_AKA_TheVesuvius is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jan 2014
Car: 135I
Default 02-05-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
If you have an older harness without add on wires you'll need those two. Just email the warehouse for them.
Terry, the BMS team was able to assist me with my issue. The additional wires are enroute. Thanks to you and your team! I will be adding several other BMS products to my vehicle in the near future.
Reply With Quote
(#19)
Old
DaleM's Avatar
DaleM DaleM is offline
Band
 
Posts: 188
Join Date: Sep 2008
Car: 135i
Default 02-06-2014, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_AKA_TheVesuvius
I will be adding several other BMS products to my vehicle in the near future.
Yes, we all do! LOL!


Vae Victis!

If you are not going Juice Box then you are going slow.
Reply With Quote
(#20)
Old
135i_AKA_TheVesuvius 135i_AKA_TheVesuvius is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jan 2014
Car: 135I
Default 02-06-2014, 04:31 PM

Installed bms intake today and it sound great! Im getting a squeaking sound everytime the revs come down. Is this normal?
Reply With Quote
(#21)
Old
135i_AKA_TheVesuvius 135i_AKA_TheVesuvius is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jan 2014
Car: 135I
Default 02-10-2014, 11:37 AM

Peddle Box installed. Im imressed, takes all of the dead area away and in sport+ it launchs with the slightest pedal push. The BMS intake with Golf tee mod give tge car a nice grumble and Im getting some nice exhaust burble. As soon as the weather warms up Im installing my JB4. Im having trouble getting this car to get traction now, cant imagine how it will be with jb.
Reply With Quote
(#22)
Old
Jason @ BMS's Avatar
Jason @ BMS Jason @ BMS is offline
Administrator
 
Posts: 329
Join Date: Oct 2008
Car: M340i,X5,Raptor,C7 ZR1
Default 02-10-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_AKA_TheVesuvius
Installed bms intake today and it sound great! Im getting a squeaking sound everytime the revs come down. Is this normal?
There is going to be a lot more noises with the open intake. You will get used to them. Not sure what that squeaking noise is though.

Get that JB4 on there and really take advantage of that intake.


Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
Reply With Quote
(#23)
Old
135i_AKA_TheVesuvius 135i_AKA_TheVesuvius is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jan 2014
Car: 135I
Default 02-10-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ BMS
There is going to be a lot more noises with the open intake. You will get used to them. Not sure what that squeaking noise is though.

Get that JB4 on there and really take advantage of that intake.
The noise was from one of the clamps coming loose after first test drive. I tightened it up and nothing but GOOD sounds coming from her now. Thanks

Last edited by 135i_AKA_TheVesuvius; 02-10-2014 at 12:02 PM..
Reply With Quote
(#24)
Old
EGO_Check EGO_Check is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 16
Join Date: Feb 2014
Car: 135i
Default 02-20-2014, 08:22 PM

I'm getting ready to install my stage 2 probably tomorrow. I'm excited to see what type of power this thing puts out. I have had the Pedal Box installed for a few weeks now and holy crap in sport + the car is a maniac to aggressive for normal road driving. I let my boss drive it abd he was blown away by the performance (he drives a 2013 camaro ss). I think in sport mode with the stage 2 will be the best combo.
Reply With Quote
(#25)
Old
PhilTrill's Avatar
PhilTrill PhilTrill is offline
New Member
 
Posts: 24
Join Date: Oct 2013
Car: 135', E46 M3, E36 M3, S13
Default 03-12-2014, 06:45 PM

Jb4 + e85 = regardless of other mods

I'm in Charlotte if any of you ever want to meet up


'08 SGM 135i | '12 C63 AMG | '95 S14 | '93 S13 | '90 S13 | '89 S13 | '80 Spitfire
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com