N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#176)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-12-2013, 02:40 PM

Made a few tweaks to 27.4. To make things confusing, this 27.4 is different than the previous 27.4 I posted here for a few of you. So you'll have to update it. But, pending any complaints, this 27.4 will be published. If any of you encounter any issues grab a log of them. Only changes related to mid/low throttle.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#177)
Old

Car: 09 E92 SG
Default 10-12-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Made a few tweaks to 27.4. To make things confusing, this 27.4 is different than the previous 27.4 I posted here for a few of you. So you'll have to update it. But, pending any complaints, this 27.4 will be published. If any of you encounter any issues grab a log of them. Only changes related to mid/low throttle.
Tweaks for those having problems, or for all?
(#178)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-12-2013, 02:46 PM

For anyone who wants it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#179)
Old

Default 10-12-2013, 03:01 PM

I will load it up tonight for my commute back home. Any issues I will let you know.
(#180)
Old

Car: 135I
Default 10-12-2013, 03:50 PM

Terry, does the later 27.4 also include the pwm to zero fix?

JB4 G5 ISO, BMW PE
(#181)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-12-2013, 03:54 PM

Yes I'll leave that in future versions unless otherwise noted.

Burger Motorsports

(#182)
Old

Default 10-12-2013, 09:08 PM

No issues with 27.4 so far. Did a few pulls tonight and everything seemed normal.
(#183)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 10-12-2013, 09:25 PM

Same, everything feels good. I also get no more boost oscillation spikeyness in 2nd gear. Love it.
(#184)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-12-2013, 09:37 PM

Hi guys,

I have a ?, I bought my JB4 pretty much arround March/13 I know its a G5, but would it already be a G5 ISO with diods already cut?
And would I have to run the Firmware, Thanks.

(#185)
Old

Car: 2013 335is DCT
Default 10-13-2013, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xshadows
I also get no more boost oscillation spikeyness in 2nd gear. Love it.
Now I can't wait to try the new 27.4!

2013 335is DCT -- Quaife | JRZ RS1 - 450/800# | M3 + Hardrace arms | e93 M3 + Hotchkis f/r sways | BMS CP + OCC | ETS 5" IC | AFE DP's + DCI | RB PCV + Thermo Delete | Setrab + Improved Racing oil cooling | Stoptech f+r BBK | Cobb BQ Tune

(#186)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 10-13-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ibeast
Hi guys,

I have a ?, I bought my JB4 pretty much arround March/13 I know its a G5, but would it already be a G5 ISO with diods already cut?
And would I have to run the Firmware, Thanks.
Just remove the cover and look.
You can not run ISO hex without diodes being removed.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#187)
Old

Car: 2008 AW e92 335i
Default 10-13-2013, 08:21 PM

Well really its going to say G5 or ISO on the black box in sharpie marker but all you have to do just to double check is open the box(dont be scared your going to break it because Terry made it to where it can easily be open) and see if the two diodieds are there, or not there. If they are there then cut them off if you are planning to run ISO. Its pretty simple once you know about it and are comfortable taking it apart. Its in the N54 G5 ISO firmware thread. SEARCH NEXT TIME BUDDY

E92 A/W JB4 G5 ISO w/WEDGE PERFORMANCE FLASH+FBO+RB's+LSD+60% E85/93 mix 508whp 531 ft lb torque 11.73 @121mph on street tires with a 2.1 60'!!! NO METH!
(#188)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-14-2013, 02:19 PM

OK made some addl firmware changes. If using the BB back end flash sure to update that as well. I received exactly zero logs on 27.4 so hopefully we can get some more this time around.

PS. No update to the Cobb maps at this time but I may do a final update and post them shortly.

Burger Motorsports

(#189)
Old

Car: 08 e90 sedan
Default 10-14-2013, 03:40 PM

That would be awesome!
(#190)
Old

Car: 2007 e92 335i
Default 10-14-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
OK made some addl firmware changes. If using the BB back end flash sure to update that as well. I received exactly zero logs on 27.4 so hopefully we can get some more this time around.

PS. No update to the Cobb maps at this time but I may do a final update and post them shortly.
U mean a final update to the cobb maps?
(#191)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-14-2013, 03:56 PM

The problem with Cobb is they won't unlock our maps so anyone can open them. I'll try emailing them again on that.

Burger Motorsports

(#192)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 10-14-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I received exactly zero logs on 27.4 so hopefully we can get some more this time around.
Fine, here

27.5 plus updated pump flash to latest (FYI my bin with your tables). Some partial throttle logs and the last one has a short WOT in 3rd, best I could do tonight.

Overall felt a better at lower RPM and partial throttle. I still get a few rough 'crossovers' under higher boost but much better. 1st gear starts feel better but I did notice the surge effect once. Not sure if it was in one of those logs or not. Let me know how this looks.
(#193)
Old
I love me some used mods!

Car: nothing at the moment....
Default 10-14-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Terry, I went to work with the 27.4 and did not really see any difference from the 27.3. After work I loaded up the 27.5 and it seems smoother and better. Not much of the oscillation at 3500rpm either. Seems good. I will try to log and send you something in the next day or so.

COBB AP|CP-e|ETS|ER|Forge DVs|KW V1|M3 Sways|BBS CH|BMS|
(#194)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-14-2013, 06:14 PM

Thanks. Make the flash adjustment too?

Burger Motorsports

(#195)
Old

Default 10-14-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Thanks. Make the flash adjustment too?
Not yet....work is killing me right now and really need to pay attention while in Tuner Pro because I'm not really familiar with the program (had help on the initial flash upload).

(#196)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-14-2013, 06:26 PM

I updated all the BINs to reflect the change so you can just download the proper one and load it.

Burger Motorsports

(#197)
Old

Default 10-14-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
I updated all the BINs to reflect the change so you can just download the proper one and load it.
yes, but I want to use a copy of my stock bin so I need to compare and make the changes in Tuner Pro. I'll get it done...

(#198)
Old

Car: 2013 335is DCT
Default 10-14-2013, 07:08 PM

27.4 has been pretty good to me so far (the new one). Will load 27.5 tomorrow after work and report back.

I'm getting closer to a good 10/12 setting along with using the 1st gear boost limit to reduce the oscillation issue. I think it's a combination of PID oscillation, and traction control (DTC traction mode, not fully on). I even have an LSD but I think traction is still an issue particularly as the temps go down.

2013 335is DCT -- Quaife | JRZ RS1 - 450/800# | M3 + Hardrace arms | e93 M3 + Hotchkis f/r sways | BMS CP + OCC | ETS 5" IC | AFE DP's + DCI | RB PCV + Thermo Delete | Setrab + Improved Racing oil cooling | Stoptech f+r BBK | Cobb BQ Tune

(#199)
Old

Car: E92
Default 10-14-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
I received exactly zero logs on 27.4 so hopefully we can get some more this time around.
no news is good news right? I know I didnt bother you with any logs, the car runs good, nothing interesting to report except my car is fast.
(#200)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 10-14-2013, 08:28 PM

Updated to 27.5 and the E85 AT flash tonight. I never had much issues with the throttle and most of it was when it was cold. I let the car get good and cold before I took her out. No issues with light to mid throttle at all anymore.

I also went from E60 to E70 today, but that was before updating.

Tomorrow I will try to get a couple of logs.

07 335i sleeper - PT5858 single turbo - stock exhaust - stock wheels