N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1526)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 05-09-2010, 07:54 PM

Everyone on this list (or anyone else interested now) please PM me. Once I verify the validity of the interest I will move forward with making a batch now.

I will require a deposit of sorts, likely 50% minimum from each party to be able to move forward with this. Keep that in mind as you PM me about the validity of your interest.

Please do not make your PMs about questions, etc. Just let me know a simple "yes I am in and will be fine with a deposit/payment". Also let me know the car you have as you 135i guys maybe an issue if you do not have your own cores. If you are not on the list and want in NOW, just PM me and say the same thing.

Thanks,
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMarine
MY BAD!! I forgot. i just went by the last page of posts. Im sure Rb has a real list going. but im trying to make this easier for him

1.MidLife
2.LostMarine
3.DaleM
4.Ggreek5
5.BMS
6.BnK
7.Dzenno
8.Uhcoug2011
(#1527)
Old

Car: E92 DCT ///M
Default 05-09-2010, 08:00 PM

PM Sent.

How long is the turn-around once you start a single set to actually finished and boxed up to be mailed? This is just for information purpose's, not to be bothersome
(#1528)
Old
Stalker

Default 05-09-2010, 08:02 PM

Actuator BMW part #s for 335i (135i MAY vary)
11-65-7-585-745
11-65-7-585-746

Once all participants are confirmed, ~4-5 weeks.

Rob

Quote:
PM Sent.

How long is the turn-around once you start a single set to actually finished and boxed up to be mailed? This is just for information purpose's, not to be bothersome
(#1529)
Old
Stalker

Default 05-09-2010, 08:03 PM

If OldBooster can get me his turbos I can verify all the questions that you 135I guys are going to have.
(#1530)
Old
Stalker

Default 05-09-2010, 08:06 PM

Update to the list, confirmations of car type and $1500 deposit acceptance.

My setup does not include all installation materials (gaskets/seals/ or other misc. hardware), unless you have some oddball situation and can not order them yourself (ie. midlife). If you can order from Tischer, or whoever else, please do so and do not rely on me it only makes my life harder. Part #'s will be provided by me to my customers to make your life a little easier.

You will need to buy your own actuators on your own if you'd like new ones, this is optional but maybe a safe bet considering their relative cheap cost ($80 for both). Keep in mind, I upgrade the Wastegate ASSEMBLIES in the turbine housing as standard part of my upgrade. The Wastegate Actuators are a "bolt on" component to the turbo and are not part of the ASSEMBLY whatsoever. I'd highly recommend replacing the ACTUATORS to compliment my upgraded ASSEMBLIES.
Actuator BMW part #s for 335i (135i MAY vary)
11-65-7-585-745
11-65-7-585-746

Once I get all of these confirmations (or more), I will begin the process of collecting deposits.
Once all deposits are collected, the clock will start on these builds. I anticipate the batch to take ~4-5 weeks.

Tuning is a work in progress but the JB3 is proving to handle the setup just fine. All other tuners will have to work independently with you as well. I am not a tuner, and can not answer tuner related questions. I do know that Terry having these installed on his own vehicle will yeild much better maps for the JB3 customer base.

1.MidLife
2.LostMarine (confirmed) 335I (RB has cores)
3.DaleM
4.Ggreek5
5.BMS (confirmed) 135I (may have core issue??)
6.bnk
7.dzenno (confirmed) 335I (RB has cores)
8.Uhcoug2011 (confirmed) 335I (no cores provided yet)

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 05-09-2010 at 09:07 PM..
(#1531)
Old
Stalker

Default 05-09-2010, 08:23 PM

Just to repeat. It is expected that all of you on the list know what you are buying. Please do not PM me with a slew of questions. It really gets old saying the same thing over and over, please read the last couple pages and you should have all the answers on whats going on.
(#1532)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-09-2010, 10:33 PM

I'd be in on this everyone to help the whole process out plus give some procede insight, but you know I can't. I'll definitely be glad to pay 3k+ for them when I come back to the scene in a couple years maybe. Hopefully by then we'll have some 700+ machines!!!!

I want to give everyone my best wishes and best of success in this upgrade. Here is a bit of advise from someone who has rebuilt my entire car from the bottom. Everything you do that is custom and do properly may end up costing you 20-25% more than you may anticipate.
(#1533)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-09-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno
i'm willing to provide the procede view/side of things...np...
Oh sorry dzenno! hehe. I'm sure the procede will shine. The JB3 is sure to do great also with terry on board.
(#1534)
Old

Car: One with four wheels
Default 05-09-2010, 11:39 PM

woohoo i can't wait to see the reviews! Lost marine you are gonna have to go back to the track and race your buddy again(i forgot his name) and see what you can do with the new turbos!!!
(#1535)
Old

Default 05-10-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmedlin
woohoo i can't wait to see the reviews! Lost marine you are gonna have to go back to the track and race your buddy again(i forgot his name) and see what you can do with the new turbos!!!
i get good stock turbo's put on this week, with those and my meth flowing he will lose badly. (he lost to no meth and 13 psi-his meth 17psi last time )

once the RB's are on and tuned, well, we don't know what to expect, but thats part of the fun of it
(#1536)
Old
Stalker

Default UPDATE- See note about actuators adjustments if you send in advance - 05-10-2010, 04:40 PM

My setup does not include all installation materials (gaskets/seals/ or other misc. hardware). This is not uncommon, no turbo setups do. Installation materials are part of just that, installation. You can order from Tischer, or whoever else, please do so and do not rely on me it only makes my life harder. Part #'s will be provided by me to my customers to make your life a little easier. In the event you have some oddball situation, ie. out of country, you can order from Tischer and have shipped to me in advance and I will ship out to you with your turbos- but I'd much recommend not including me in this if you have no other reasons not to do as such.

You will need to buy your own actuators on your own if you'd like new ones, this is optional but maybe a safe bet considering their relative cheap cost ($80 for both). Keep in mind, I upgrade the Wastegate ASSEMBLIES in the turbine housing as standard part of my upgrade. The Wastegate Actuators are a "bolt on" component to the turbo and are not part of the ASSEMBLY whatsoever. I'd highly recommend replacing the ACTUATORS to compliment my upgraded ASSEMBLIES.
Actuator BMW part #s for 335i LHD (135i LHD/RHD and 335I RHD will vary to unknown rear turbo actuator #)
11-65-7-585-745
11-65-7-585-746
I will install and adjust the actuators if they are sent to me in advance, but they will be installed at my altitude (around 600ft). Apparently they may need further adjustments at other altitudes- so install as I send them at your own risk (see BMW TIS for directions). They likely will be fine as I send them for most elevations, but better safer to recheck than sorry (again, see BMW TIS).

Once I get all of these confirmations (or more), I will begin the process of collecting deposits.
Once all deposits are collected, the clock will start on these builds. I anticipate the batch to take ~4-5 weeks.

Tuning is a work in progress but the JB3 is proving to handle the setup just fine. All other tuners will have to work independently with you as well. I am not a tuner, and can not answer tuner related questions. I do know that Terry having these installed on his own vehicle will yeild much better maps for the JB3 customer base.

Cores: 135I RHD and LHD are the same Turbos both front and rear. They are also the same turbos as 335I RHD front and rear. The 335I LHD (USA) are the most common of cores, but have an odd rear turbo as compared to the others. The front Turbo is the same amongst all of them.

1.MidLife
3.DaleM
4.Ggreek5 (confirmed) 335I (RB has cores)
6.bnk

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 05-10-2010 at 05:10 PM..
(#1537)
Old
Band

Car: 135i
Default 05-10-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo

My setup does not include all installation material
1.MidLife
3.DaleM
4.Ggreek5 (confirmed) 335I (RB has cores)
6.bnk
Rob,
I am going to have to hold off. I have the perfect storm of events going on. I just bought the Clutch Master FX400 and flywheel. I have to replace my daughter's vehicle that got caught in the Memphis floods, I just bought 2 round trip tickets for my mother in law and sister in law from Lithuania to Miami, and on top of it all I am moving to Tampa at the end of the month.

The practicality of me getting this isn't there, the desire is. I am off to Oman for at least a year or two in Aug-Sep?? and the car is going to be sitting while I am gone. I hope these are selling like hot-cakes when I get back.

Vae Victis!

If you are not going Juice Box then you are going slow.
(#1538)
Old

Default 05-10-2010, 07:34 PM

C'mon were you guys all talk? just chime in, send a PM,something. lets get it going here..

Dale, I hear ya, gotta do whats right, we still have our 7 though.
(#1539)
Old
ultimate racing 335

Car: 335i sedan
Default 05-10-2010, 07:37 PM

Im in Rob. Dzenno ill be the Toronto JB3 tester. hahaha
(#1540)
Old
Band

Car: 135i
Default 05-10-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
C'mon were you guys all talk? just chime in, send a PM,something. lets get it going here..

Dale, I hear ya, gotta do whats right, we still have our 7 though.
Just a lot of stuff going on. Hell I am dropping 5 grand to pay off my son's car and send him on his way. Insurance will be his as well as the title.
Who knows after the travel settlement but then I am heading downrange for a while. This is a great deal for those who can make use of it. Once I get my Sergeant Major pay I will feel compelled to do something crazy!

I think I am going to take a hit on the daughter's Matrix with the flood settlement.

Vae Victis!

If you are not going Juice Box then you are going slow.
(#1541)
Old

Default 05-10-2010, 07:51 PM

I can't commit to the first batch but I should be able to swing it before the summer's over!

(#1542)
Old
maniac

Car: e93
Default 05-10-2010, 08:08 PM

my situation is quite different from you guys, and I am swamped right now but will send rob a pm shortly.

Don't worry cause I will not let this upgrade or rob lose momentum.

if your car isn't scary - it's just not fast enough !
JB3 2.0 beta / BMS Tuning Gauge / RPI IC / UR non catted *** / UR CAI / Quiaife LSD / Snow Methanol Injection / VK Oil Cooler / Forge DVs
Riss Catch Can / M3 Rear Sway Bar / M Sport Steering Wheel / Paddle Shifting 6AT / Logic 7 / Dunlop Direzza Z1 235/255
(#1543)
Old

Car: E92 335i, E30 327i
Default 05-10-2010, 08:17 PM

what is a fair price for installing 2 new turbos?

Im just doing the homework, I already have the wastegate actuartos if I dont buy the kit I sel the actuators.

Mk7 Gti Dsg: 298whp
E30 332i: Race Car.
(#1544)
Old
Stalker

Default Update, Including new MSRP. - 05-10-2010, 09:03 PM

My setup does not include all installation materials (gaskets/seals/ or other misc. hardware). This is not uncommon, no turbo setups do. Installation materials are part of just that, installation. You can order from Tischer, or whoever else, please do so and do not rely on me it only makes my life harder. Part #'s will be provided by me to my customers to make your life a little easier. In the event you have some oddball situation, ie. out of country, you can order from Tischer and have shipped to me in advance and I will ship out to you with your turbos- but I'd much recommend not including me in this if you have no other reasons not to do as such.

Actuator BMW part #s for 335i LHD (135i LHD/RHD and 335I RHD will vary to unknown rear turbo actuator #)
11-65-7-585-745
11-65-7-585-746
I will install and adjust the actuators if they are sent to me in advance, but they will be installed at my altitude (around 600ft). Apparently they may need further adjustments at other altitudes- so install as I send them at your own risk (see BMW TIS for directions). They likely will be fine as I send them for most elevations, but better safer to recheck than sorry (again, see BMW TIS).

Cores: 135I RHD and LHD are the same Turbos both front and rear. They are also the same turbos as 335I RHD front and rear. The 335I LHD (USA) are the most common of cores, but have an odd rear turbo as compared to the others. The front Turbo is the same amongst all of them.

RB Turbo upgrade MSRP $3999. Introductory pricing $2899.
Much enlarged Compressor and Turbine wheel. Upgraded centersection. Full Billet enhanced Wastegate Assembly. These turbos retain water cooling and the CHRA has been machined/adapted to work with all OEM coolant and oil lines providing a turbo setup that is a direct bolt-on!

Intro pricing will likely always been in affect but that is not guaranteed. I am additionally releasing MSRP to possibly help combat questions about further discounts above this already great price.

1.LostMarine (confirmed) 335I (RB has cores)
2.bnk (confirmed) 335I (RB has cores)
3.Ggreek5 (confirmed) 335I (RB has cores)
4.dzenno (confirmed) 335I (RB has cores)
5.m6beast (confirmed) 335I (RB has cores)
6.ultimateracing 335 (confirmed) 335I (RB has cores)
7.Uhcoug2011 (confirmed) 335I (awaiting core plan response)

?.BMS (confirmed) 135I (need cores)
?.OldBooster (confirmed) 135I (need cores)

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 05-11-2010 at 10:11 PM..
(#1545)
Old

Default 05-10-2010, 09:10 PM

Rob,

I'm interested as you are aware but being here in Australia I'll wait to see how the initial batch goes installation and performance wise. Also tracking down cores for RHD vehicles is proving difficult.

Cheers,

S
(#1546)
Old

Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 05-11-2010, 04:23 AM

Rob, I have good cores here for a 335i USA. However, I will need the RB turbos for my 135i. Does that pose a problem? If not, I'm ready to take Dale's slot (or get on the list) right away. Thanks. Larry

Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54
Held #1 on www.DragTimes.com:
First to run 11.012 @129.30
(#1547)
Old
Stalker

Default 05-11-2010, 04:51 AM

Larry I wish you had the opposite going on.... yes we have plenty of 335I USA cores but not so much of the 135I RHD/LHD and 335I RHD cores. I am very glad to have you onboard, thats for sure, will add you to the list right away but we are going to have a hold up for cores on you....
(#1548)
Old
maniac

Car: e93
Default 05-11-2010, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno
wait are you bailing on us?
Nope.

if your car isn't scary - it's just not fast enough !
JB3 2.0 beta / BMS Tuning Gauge / RPI IC / UR non catted *** / UR CAI / Quiaife LSD / Snow Methanol Injection / VK Oil Cooler / Forge DVs
Riss Catch Can / M3 Rear Sway Bar / M Sport Steering Wheel / Paddle Shifting 6AT / Logic 7 / Dunlop Direzza Z1 235/255
(#1549)
Old

Car: 2008 135i AT
Send a message via Skype™ to OldBooster
Default 05-11-2010, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Larry I wish you had the opposite going on.... yes we have plenty of 335I USA cores but not so much of the 135I RHD/LHD and 335I RHD cores. I am very glad to have you onboard, thats for sure, will add you to the list right away but we are going to have a hold up for cores on you....
I'll do my best to find some 135i cores. I'm using my original 135i turbos on my new N54 engine so I can get the car on the road. They seem to be in good shape, with no shaft play, even though the actuators did rattle some.

Once I get your RB units, we'll swap them out, then I can send you the original 135i cores. It will be a good chance to test the car with stock turbos, then test with RB turbos under same conditions. Can't wait. Thanks.

Terry's unmatched dedication to the N54
Held #1 on www.DragTimes.com:
First to run 11.012 @129.30
(#1550)
Old
Stalker

Default 05-11-2010, 05:24 AM

Sounds great!