N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#526)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 02-19-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilimE75
OK. Just ordered Option A. I'm hoping you have it all in stock and can get it shipped. Also found the Mishimoto OCC for $98 shipped, here http://r.ebay.com/ui4JPX

Does anyone know of a Mishimoto OCC suitable for the high side, that looks like the low side one linked above? Not even sure if a high side OCC is necessary, but if I do get one, I'd like them to look the same.

On a side note, after more reading, it occurred to me that the head ports are passages into the intake. For some reason I had thought they went down to the crankcase, which is what was freaking me out about tapping them and the risk of metal shavings getting into the oil. So, in theory, with the intake manifold removed and valves closed, there shouldn't be a way for shavings to get into the engine by falling down when tapping, as long as I stuff and vacuum them out after I'm done and make sure I keep any shavings from dropping into the top of the head. Am I understanding this part correctly?

Pretty stoked about this and just ordered a bunch of parts to do at the same time as this.

2010 E92 MSport with 50k miles, all stock, owned for less than 2 months.
Aside from fluid changes and a couple of cosmetic mods, this will be my first big maintenance service.
External PCV
Plugged head ports
Low side OCC
Valve cover(leaking, possibly cracked so I'm replacing it, should also make it easier to install the new RB PCV)
Ignition coils
Spark plugs
Vacuum lines
Walnut blast
Intake gaskets

Can anyone suggest anything else while all of this is apart? I prefer to take the get in once and do it all approach. Would love to do injectors, but that will wait until I actually experience a problem due to cost.
Do not use the Mishimoto for the high side. It is a can designed for low side operation, nothing else. Not sure why they even offer a high side kit using the same style can, bad idea as you need high flow on the high side, so don't use it for that.

As far as stock yes they are in stock and all orders will ship out tomorrow (todays a Post office Holiday).

Thanks,
Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#527)
Old
Stalker

Default 02-19-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcf22
so its safe to use Jb weld? I have your kit but I didnt plug the ports and now I cant find the plugs anywhere think i lost them.
The plugs are nothing special they are simply socket set screws sized at 10-32 x 3/16" length (quantity 6 for 1 per port). Use JB weld at your own discretion.

Some tips on tapping/plugging the head ports are here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpNX5ltsaHI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgXtEzwKIKo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g3OMEa4o8U

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#528)
Old

Car: 2010 335i
Default 02-24-2018, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Do not use the Mishimoto for the high side. It is a can designed for low side operation, nothing else. Not sure why they even offer a high side kit using the same style can, bad idea as you need high flow on the high side, so don't use it for that.

As far as stock yes they are in stock and all orders will ship out tomorrow (todays a Post office Holiday).

Thanks,
Rob
Sorry, got my low/high side mixed up there. I meant it the other way around. Looking for a high side OCC that matches in appearance to the low side Mishimoto I'll be using.
(#529)
Old
Stalker

Default 03-25-2018, 11:56 AM

Been selling these RB External PCV kits for nearly 2.5 years now and they've been an overwhelming success. Also we have mentioned it a few times yet it seems to always escape becoming a priority, but we are going to get on making a nice bracket for this Mishimoto can's attachment to the strut bar shortly if anyone is still interested?

Thanks,
Rob

(#530)
Old

Car: 2010 X5M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange
Default 03-25-2018, 01:43 PM

Yes because it'll be better than zipties but it'll depend on how much.

'10 BMW X5///M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange - HCP Stage 2/JB4, NGK 97506 @ .20, SS intake w/ BMC filters, gutted cats, muffler delete & Vibrant 1794's, AC Forged 312 22's, H&R 2"
'08 BMW 535xiT - MHD 1+, BMS DCI, RB/Mishimoto, VRSF 7"
'98 BMW 740iL - ///E39 M5 6spd swap, fully built engine (sleeved, P&P, cams), 3.46 LSD, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, Magnaflow 14816's
'97 BMW 328ci - ///E36 M3 clutch, L/W flywheel, 3.23LSD, Z4///M staggered 18's
(#531)
Old
Stalker

Default 03-26-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james
Yes because it'll be better than zipties but it'll depend on how much.
Yeah we do not know the precise design yet (let alone cost) but regardless of how neat or elaborate we do not see it exceeding around $50... unless my OCD goes way overboard on design or something.

Rob

(#532)
Old

Car: n54 335i
Default 04-15-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Yes. Another benefit of going to the External PCV is that you simply pop it out of the grommet and replace with a new OE Toyota valve if you ever want to replace it down the road.

Rob
Rob, do you have the part number or link for a new OE Toyota PCV valve?

Is it 12204-15050?

Also will the rubber grommet loose seal if I remove and put a new PCV valve?
(#533)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 04-16-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Been selling these RB External PCV kits for nearly 2.5 years now and they've been an overwhelming success. Also we have mentioned it a few times yet it seems to always escape becoming a priority, but we are going to get on making a nice bracket for this Mishimoto can's attachment to the strut bar shortly if anyone is still interested?

Thanks,
Rob

Oh my gosh, PLEASE! I would love a bracket. Currently using the BMS bracket and forcing that to work with a single bolt into the top of the catch can. Makes emptying the catch can a pain in the butt.

I would LOVE a bracket!
(#534)
Old

Car: bmw 135i
Default 06-30-2018, 01:41 AM

thanks rob received both kits you sent to australia heres a quick installed pic of where i mounted it
(#535)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Msport
Default 06-30-2018, 02:25 AM

Quote:

Thanks,
Rob
Yes, however depends on price
(#536)
Old

Car: e92 n54 pre lci
Default 07-23-2018, 05:51 PM

very interested in a bracket Rob!

FBO MT N54 w/stock turbos-tuned by Trebila
(#537)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 08-13-2018, 01:23 PM

Is the non PNP kit still available? I don't see it on the website
(#538)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-19-2018, 09:56 AM

Hi Rob,

Just ordered your kit. I plan on using the mishimoto cen on the low side and understand how that works. On the high I plan on using the bms can. Where do you route the out on that can on plugged head setup?

TM TS 6466 Powa!