N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2AWD
Default 05-18-2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerGT
I can't find the post now, but I believe they actually removed material from the cast piece going into the c at. If my memory is correct, the p ipe narrows quite a bit there. You kinda see the right side (inlet) is a narrow cast piece.
Correct. Looking for the YouTube video now.
(#102)
Old

Default 05-18-2018, 05:30 PM

https://youtu.be/lw56rqlMLQc
Tork video on porting the down pipe.
(#103)
Old

Car: n63
Default 05-19-2018, 10:19 AM

I've seen this cars make 450 wheel already ??? is this true

if so this is insane money vs performance buy
(#104)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-25-2018, 04:27 PM

Good news Stinger owners... Just got full CANbus working on our Kia JB4! The JB4 can now read the full set of engine data including pedal, throttle, engine speed, AFR in both banks, fuel trims in both banks, various temperatures, ignition advance, etc, and incorporate all that in to its tuning! Including things like boost by speed for improved traction, expanded safety systems like run lean and over boost, code read/delete, etc, etc. All other Kia tuning boxes are now obsolete.

All you'll need is an OBDII cable to enable it which we can send you, and the latest firmware which I'll add to the first post shortly.

Name:  car1.jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  126.0 KB

Name:  jb4_1.jpg
Views: 1071
Size:  129.0 KB

Name:  052518_0425.jpg
Views: 1063
Size:  40.6 KB

Name:  052518_0426.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  40.5 KB

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#105)
Old

Default 05-25-2018, 05:15 PM

When can you send the OBD cable?
(#106)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 05-25-2018, 05:20 PM

Yes I would like to know as well. When can you send it?
(#107)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-25-2018, 06:56 PM

Just email us with your BMS order number and we'll get the cables out.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#108)
Old

Default 05-25-2018, 07:06 PM

Hi Terry

I just sent you an email.
(#109)
Old

Car: 2018 STINGER GT1
Default 05-25-2018, 07:06 PM

Can anyone please walk me through map 3 and changing the boost level manually? I would appreciate the help. Thanks all.
(#110)
Old

Default 05-25-2018, 07:13 PM

Do we need the connect kit for the canbus or we can log it though our laptop?
(#111)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-25-2018, 07:15 PM

Laptop works fine for logging too. They work the same way.

Burger Motorsports

(#112)
Old

Car: Stinger GT2
Default Update install failure! - 05-27-2018, 09:03 AM

When updating the bluetooth failed connection and did not complete install. Now motor runs like ****. Can I send this to BMS and have this update installed?
(#113)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deider1
When updating the bluetooth failed connection and did not complete install. Now motor runs like ****. Can I send this to BMS and have this update installed?
You need to keep trying until you get firmware updated. Or if you can't sort it out order a 2580 master update chipset on our site which will have firmware preloaded: http://www.burgertuning.com/JB4_upgrades.html

Burger Motorsports

(#114)
Old

Default 05-29-2018, 09:00 AM

Can someone give us a walk though for map 3 on how it work
(#115)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungtran505
Can someone give us a walk though for map 3 on how it work
Update the OBDII and CANbus as that changes everything. Then you can use map6 for an RPM based custom profile.

Burger Motorsports

(#116)
Old

Default 05-29-2018, 09:29 AM

So on map 6 I can adjust the boost level after the firmware update for canbus.
(#117)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2018, 09:31 AM

Yes but start by logging map2, it's pretty good, and then evaluate. Any custom tuning you do has to be based on your own log evaluation.

Burger Motorsports

(#118)
Old

Default 05-29-2018, 09:33 AM

Ok
(#119)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-29-2018, 10:20 AM

anyone run on the dyno with jb4 ???

Last edited by 07335i; 05-29-2018 at 10:47 AM..
(#120)
Old

Car: Bmw440
Default Dealer - 06-01-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
He happens to work for a Kia dealer and told me as long as you remove the parts before going in generally it's not a problem. He said they are scanning the cars checking for flash tuning though now. Per usual if you can't afford to fix it, don't risk modifying it, but we expect our tuning to be very reliable. The motor appears overbuilt for the factory power levels.
Is there any way to remove the trail the dealer can see if they look for tuning?
(#121)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-01-2018, 08:40 PM

If you flash the computer? Doubt it!

Burger Motorsports

(#122)
Old

Default tuning/log - 06-04-2018, 10:43 PM

did some logging with can-bus cable today here is what i got
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv JerryLogMap2.180604_2348.csv (17.5 KB, 180 views)
(#123)
Old

Default 06-05-2018, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrym79
did some logging with can-bus cable today here is what i got
What are your setting on map 2 under user setting?
(#124)
Old

Default 06-05-2018, 06:49 AM

What do u mean the user tab I can take a pic of it if I want I have done a little changing since I have experiance tuning though with other programs but I have a few changes and statted where i went into over boost at all levels and just changed it one setting at a time until I got it in a good place.

Last edited by jerrym79; 06-05-2018 at 07:04 AM.. Reason: Edited post
(#125)
Old

Default 06-05-2018, 06:52 AM

I want to get to 20psi.