N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2426)
Old

Car: 08 535i
Default support for 2019 or 2020 G90 with 3.3t? - 07-21-2019, 01:12 PM

I don't see the g90 listed in the supported models, but I believe the 3.3t in the G90 is the same as the g80. The G90 comes with the 3.3 or the v8 non-turbo. I was leaning towards the v8, but if I can tune the 3.3, it will have comparable specs to the v8, but will likely have better mpg and is a lower MSRP.

thanks!
Tony
(#2427)
Old

Car: 2019 Stinger GT2 RWD
Default 07-21-2019, 04:29 PM

Hi Terry,

Just installed my JB4 today (did not hook up fuel wires yet).
I did a map0 baseline pull and two map 1 pulls. Would you mind looking them over and let me know if things are GTG?

93 octane
outside temp: 98F
regapped stock plugs (.024")

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-21 16_35_54_Map-0.csv (23.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: csv 2019-07-21 16_41_54_Map-1.csv (27.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: csv 2019-07-21 16_44_45_Map-1.csv (9.5 KB, 28 views)
(#2428)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-21-2019, 05:22 PM

Looks all normal to me!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2429)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-21-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aametzger
I don't see the g90 listed in the supported models, but I believe the 3.3t in the G90 is the same as the g80. The G90 comes with the 3.3 or the v8 non-turbo. I was leaning towards the v8, but if I can tune the 3.3, it will have comparable specs to the v8, but will likely have better mpg and is a lower MSRP.

thanks!
Tony
Yes it's compatible as far as we know, not sure if we've had many G90 customer install it yet though so can't make it official yet.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2430)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 07-21-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks good to me! We don't have a Kia specific write up on log reading but here is a generic one: Logging Parameters and their Meaning - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Hey terry did another test today on Map 2 for the first try, was only running 91 octane however, and only thing I noticed is when I let off it felt quite a hard shift, didn't log any others unfortunately anything to be concerned about (excuse the newbie-ness).

Also wondering if there is anything specific that should be done given modifications with Borla *** back + Injen CAI.

Also is there recommended what gauges to use and monitor, and what you should include in these logs for you to review?

Thanks for your help!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-21 11_56_39_Map-2.csv (10.0 KB, 27 views)
(#2431)
Old

Car: 18' Stinger GT
Default 07-22-2019, 04:39 AM

Hey Terry finally got onto Map2. When ya have time peek at this log. Feels good even with some poor traction sometimes on launch. Reducing boost in 1st and second now. Haha.

Also
What is the E85 gauge telling us? Actual content of ethanol % in tank or e85 content so you have do do weird math to find trur ethanol content?

Can we get a KR gauge added?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-21 20_51_13_Map-2.csv (14.0 KB, 26 views)
(#2432)
Old

Car: 2019 Stinger GT1 RWD
Default 07-22-2019, 02:27 PM

Regapped the plugs and tried Map 3 on E30. It looks good to me, and felt good.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-20 21_59_51_Map-3.csv (6.4 KB, 26 views)
(#2433)
Old

Default 07-22-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratboy90
Hey Terry finally got onto Map2. When ya have time peek at this log. Feels good even with some poor traction sometimes on launch. Reducing boost in 1st and second now. Haha.

Also
What is the E85 gauge telling us? Actual content of ethanol % in tank or e85 content so you have do do weird math to find trur ethanol content?

Can we get a KR gauge added?

The E85 gauge is the jb4 guessing the E85 mixture. Iím not sure how this does this but it does seem to get pretty close. When I mix a 20% mix it gets close to the 20% mark and same for when I do a 30% mix.
(#2434)
Old

Car: 2019 Stinger GT2 RWD
Default 07-22-2019, 05:22 PM

Tried map2 today for a couple pulls (first one on old firmware).

Do you see any issues?

Should I be concerned about trims getting pegged at the beginning of the first run?
Also is it normal for ign to drop to zero on each shift and spike when I let off?
Am I risking damage to my car running regapped stock plugs instead of densos?
(sorry for the newb questions, I'm new to this)?

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-22 07_23_07_Map-2.csv (10.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: csv 2019-07-22 18_41_23_Map-2.csv (5.8 KB, 39 views)
(#2435)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT2AWD
Default 07-22-2019, 07:23 PM

Terry, your thoughts on running 110 leaded race fuel? Ran about a 50/50 blend with 91 and the car runs fantastic on map 7! No stuttering like it had especially on maps lower. I know on older naturally aspirated cars the lead was good for the valve train and other components but as for a fuel injected turbo car idk??
(#2436)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2019, 07:37 PM

Loaded fuel eats up o2 sensors, avoid it.

Burger Motorsports

(#2437)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarvix
Tried map2 today for a couple pulls (first one on old firmware).

Do you see any issues?

Should I be concerned about trims getting pegged at the beginning of the first run?
Also is it normal for ign to drop to zero on each shift and spike when I let off?
Am I risking damage to my car running regapped stock plugs instead of densos?
(sorry for the newb questions, I'm new to this)?

Thanks!
Yes looks all normal to me here. On the plugs if it's not misfiring it's fine. We've had customers run regapped factory plugs up to map5. Your mileage may vary, but map2 should be fine.

Burger Motorsports

(#2438)
Old

Default 07-22-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Loaded fuel eats up o2 sensors, avoid it.
Man but it runs so good! Wonder how many Iíll get replaced under warranty before they catch on? 😎😎
(#2439)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinís GT2
Man but it runs so good! Wonder how many Iíll get replaced under warranty before they catch on? 😎😎
lol... The thing to watch is when they fail you'll get wonky tuning and the JB4 will go to failsafe mode. I've done it before in a pinch but it should be plan C not plan A.

Burger Motorsports

(#2440)
Old

Thumbs up 07-22-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
lol... The thing to watch is when they fail you'll get wonky tuning and the JB4 will go to failsafe mode. I've done it before in a pinch but it should be plan C not plan A.
Well S**T!
(#2441)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 07-23-2019, 11:59 AM

I'm interested in bumping up from Map 2 to Map 3 with an increase in octane. I'm currently using Sunoco 93 on Map 2 with intakes, secondary *** delete, ***-back, and DENSO plugs.
Is there a "max" octane that's safe to run with this car?
I plan on using Boostane, can/should I just go off of the mixture chart they provide?
(#2442)
Old

Default 07-24-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmania82
I'm interested in bumping up from Map 2 to Map 3 with an increase in octane. I'm currently using Sunoco 93 on Map 2 with intakes, secondary *** delete, ***-back, and DENSO plugs.
Is there a "max" octane that's safe to run with this car?
I plan on using Boostane, can/should I just go off of the mixture chart they provide?
I ran map 3 on straight 93 octane without any problems. If you have any E85, a few gallons wouldn't hurt.

For Map 5 or 7 I would use either an E30 blend or an octane booster. My favorite is the unimaginatively named "Race Gas" that you can get from Summit Racing.
(#2443)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 07-24-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sym
I ran map 3 on straight 93 octane without any problems. If you have any E85, a few gallons wouldn't hurt.

For Map 5 or 7 I would use either an E30 blend or an octane booster. My favorite is the unimaginatively named "Race Gas" that you can get from Summit Racing.
Good to know. What brand 93 and what mods do you have?
(#2444)
Old

Default 07-24-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmania82
Good to know. What brand 93 and what mods do you have?
I'm always using Shell, Sonoco, or BP (preferred in that order).

My mods are the JB4, Denso plugs, SSR *** and intakes, GoFastBits Deceptor BOVs, and (more recently) the BMS WMI system. I only use Map 8 now but I would switch between Map 3 / Map 5 depending on if I felt like blending E85.
(#2445)
Old

Car: Stinger GT1 3.3t
Default 07-24-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sym

In my experimentation I've found no difference between 100 and 113 octane unleaded race gas on the 3.3tt, so if the 100 is cheaper, go that route.
(#2446)
Old

Default 07-24-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bal
In my experimentation I've found no difference between 100 and 113 octane unleaded race gas on the 3.3tt, so if the 100 is cheaper, go that route.
I have a few pails of actual Sunoco GTX race gas, but the "Race Gas" I was referring to is actually an octane booster. I had good luck with it.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...el-concentrate
(#2447)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Default 07-24-2019, 11:09 PM

Hello all, new to this and just got my JB4 installed tonight. But I am wondering, for future reference not right now, how the whole mixing has or E30 goes. Do you need to have the Fuel-It kit offered from BMS? Or is E30 just saying mix 3 gallons of E85 per 10 gallons of 93 octane fuel (to do 30%). And if not using the Fuel-It kit is it being read by the JB4 regardless? Sorry if this has been answered somewhere I’ve used the search function but doesn’t really come up with very good results. The best was actually the last couple posts on this thread that kind of hinted at some of it.

Thanks!
(#2448)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Default 07-24-2019, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonsaiGT2
Hello all, new to this and just got my JB4 installed tonight. But I am wondering, for future reference not right now, how the whole mixing has or E30 goes. Do you need to have the Fuel-It kit offered from BMS? Or is E30 just saying mix 3 gallons of E85 per 10 gallons of 93 octane fuel (to do 30%). And if not using the Fuel-It kit is it being read by the JB4 regardless? Sorry if this has been answered somewhere Iíve used the search function but doesnít really come up with very good results. The best was actually the last couple posts on this thread that kind of hinted at some of it.

Thanks!
Well I found my answer in the stingerforum. Just browsing each thread worked better than the search function. Itís as easy as I was explaining lol.
(#2449)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 07-25-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Yes looks all normal to me here. On the plugs if it's not misfiring it's fine. We've had customers run regapped factory plugs up to map5. Your mileage may vary, but map2 should be fine.
I'm still running on my factory NGK plugs gapped to .024~ and I've pushed map 6 a few times playing around to about 20psi peak and no issues. Torque management always jumps in. LOL

I'm about to put an intake on pretty soon so she can breath better. Still running the factory air boxes.

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
(#2450)
Old

Car: 2018 kia stinger
Default 07-25-2019, 09:17 PM

Just installed my jb4 today, doing the meth sat. Did some map 1 runs, here is a log to review pls
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-25 21_59_37_Map-1.csv (19.3 KB, 31 views)