N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT2
Default JB4 firmware download question - 11-06-2019, 06:57 PM

Hey Terry. I ordered and received my JB4 in mid Sept and I just installed it yesterday. No problems at all and the car is running great. My question is when I went to install the latest firmware I came to the screen that gives me the option to update or cancel, I press update but nothing happens. I can cancel it but not update it. Is this because the firmware is already up to date? I just want to make sure I have the latest version downloaded. I know you ship all JB4s with the latest firmware I just don't know when the latest one was released. I can go into my firmware files page and 11.3 is listed there and when I press it it sends me to the update/cancel page and I can't get passed that. Also, is there a way to know when a new firmware update is available aside from coming to N54tech website? Thank you in advance.
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-07-2019, 10:19 AM

You need to click on a firmware to update. Once a firmware is downloaded there is a green arrow on the right of the web screen. Click it to view the downloaded firmware. Click the latest one to update.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 11-07-2019, 05:43 PM

Hey Payam. I attempted to download it again today and no go. Let me walk you through my process so you can see if I'm missing something. I turn WIFI off on my phone. Car is in accessory mode. I open the JB4 app but I dont press connect as the car is in accessory mode, I select settings, I press firmware update which sends me to N54tech website, I press the green arrow at the upper right of the screen, firmware files page opens and JB4 KIA 11_3.hex is there. I select it and sends me to the Update/cancel screen with Upload timeout 10 and Awaiting user action above the Update/cancel buttons. I press update and nothing happens. I know I'm pressing it as it changes to a darker Blue when I press it but nothing happens. I press cancel and it sends me back to the firmware files page. Any thoughts? I'm kinda stumped here. Is it possible my JB4 was shipped out with this firmware already uploaded? I received the unit in mid sept. Any help greatly appreciated!
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-08-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzrush
Hey Payam. I attempted to download it again today and no go. Let me walk you through my process so you can see if I'm missing something. I turn WIFI off on my phone. Car is in accessory mode. I open the JB4 app but I dont press connect as the car is in accessory mode, I select settings, I press firmware update which sends me to N54tech website, I press the green arrow at the upper right of the screen, firmware files page opens and JB4 KIA 11_3.hex is there. I select it and sends me to the Update/cancel screen with Upload timeout 10 and Awaiting user action above the Update/cancel buttons. I press update and nothing happens. I know I'm pressing it as it changes to a darker Blue when I press it but nothing happens. I press cancel and it sends me back to the firmware files page. Any thoughts? I'm kinda stumped here. Is it possible my JB4 was shipped out with this firmware already uploaded? I received the unit in mid sept. Any help greatly appreciated!
More than likely it's on the most updated firmware.

However, I see the problem. You need to be connected to the car in accessory mode. Then you'll be able to update.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 11-08-2019, 10:29 PM

Yup that did it! Thank you Payam! One more question. Is there a way to know that new firmware is available other than checking this website? Do you get a notice, email or any other type of "heads up" or do I just check this website from time to time?