N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1451)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikb
Uploaded the new firmware and tried to clear the stored code; 118001 mixture to lea,n this morning, the clearing seems to work
Great, glad to hear!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1452)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-21-2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louism140i_
Hi terry Iím running v9 at the min on my m140i running map7 with meth, is it worst doing the update to v10 yet or wait a few weeks. Thanks
If you want to try the new stuff and help provide feedback, go for it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1453)
Old

Car: 17 320i, 16 M3 (outgoing), 18 340i (incoming)
Default 09-22-2018, 07:41 PM

Good timing for me with the latest update. I have a late production 340 MPPSK, and the newest BMW release. Today I got the jb4 hooked up with ewg and ff, along with the straighp1p3 setup (even though not recommended lol).

I can confirm that on v9, I could not clear codes. After trying 11test, the JB4 cleared all the codes I had, multiples for fuel pressure something, manifold pressure, boost sensor voltage.... I assume starightp1p3 setup is to blame.

So map 1, real choppy. Tried map4 (stock w can bus) and much better, but maybe not perfect. I look forward to trying map6 and seeing if I can pull a good log. Unless there is a better suggestion from the experts? Thanks. --MW

Last edited by bavarianmw; 09-22-2018 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: added has MPPSK
(#1454)
Old

Car: BMW M135I
Default Yesterday, 05:55 AM

Since my questions seems to have been overlooked by Terry and others ill post them again..

How much of an issue is throttle closures with JB4 and B58 nowdays?
Im just replacing my N54 with a B58 and did some reasearch and found out that jerky operation due to throttle closures was a real issue when running JB4.
However the information i found were from the early days for the B58 and JB4.

I also read in the patch notes that JB4 can control timing, how is that possible on the B58 since from my understanding JB4 only controls boost and fuel pressure for the N54 and N55?
(#1455)
Old

Car: 120i
Default Yesterday, 06:20 AM

I tried v11 test map and it went a bit crazy, was jerking a lot.

Target was like 12 psi with a 50 meth adder on map 7 !

meth was engage totally randomly, when it did AFR wet to like 9's was jerking form misfire probably as trims go so low AFR cannot regulate anymore

I changed back to v9, everything great again

screen shot of it and log attached, if you have meth I would stay away
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-23 15_50_28 (RMM)Map_7.csv (5.8 KB, 4 views)
(#1456)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMM

meth was engage totally randomly, when it did AFR wet to like 9's was jerking form misfire probably as trims go so low AFR cannot regulate anymore

Why is your flash target 22psi? Is the flash stock or modified?

Burger Motorsports

(#1457)
Old

Car: 120i
Default Yesterday, 10:00 AM

stage 2 flash, post flash normal AFR is 12.5 to 11.8 at WOT

trying to figure out how to run with meth and flash tune, no meth flow in map 6 or map 4, but use map 7 and can get meth flow so I just use that with JB4 target slightly below like at a 45 to 50 adder and it seems to work pretty good
(#1458)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 10:55 AM

Since it's a complicated setup you'll have to send in logs via email to evaluate.

Burger Motorsports

(#1459)
Old

Default Yesterday, 01:50 PM

My map 6 logs from 11test which code clearing DOES work on newest BMW DME firmware.

No expert here, but I see throttle closure cause of smelly mod, in low rpms? If so what setting should I try, FUA? Can I add more boost? The car feels very strong, I am quite pleased so far. Thanks all.

340i MPPSK
smelly / loud mod
jb4 11test with ewg + ff
93 octane

map 6 default with:
15 lbs to 2000
16 lbs 2500 to 5500
14 lbs 6000 +
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-23 15_51_00Map_6.csv (7.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-23 15_57_00Map_6.csv (7.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-23 16_00_03Map_6.csv (9.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-23 16_02_32Map_6.csv (7.0 KB, 1 views)
(#1460)
Old

Car: M140i
Default Yesterday, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMM

RMM, it looks like you are getting throttle closures due to overboost, the meth is just shutting down with the throttle.
(#1461)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianmw
My map 6 logs from 11test which code clearing DOES work on newest BMW DME firmware.
In these logs flash target is 10psi, the other ones had it as 22psi. So not sure what is going on or why your flash target would change so much. Nothing here applies to the general population so you'll need to make your own thread in the support area if you want addl feedback on it.

Burger Motorsports

(#1462)
Old

Default Yesterday, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
In these logs flash target is 10psi, the other ones had it as 22psi. So not sure what is going on or why your flash target would change so much. Nothing here applies to the general population so you'll need to make your own thread in the support area if you want addl feedback on it.
I'll take this to a support thread if I need to, but these are the only logs I ever posted here, and I just installed everything. Am I mixed up? I don't know what a flash target is, this is oem MPPSK dme.

Does this help?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-23 21_10_27Map_6.csv (10.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by bavarianmw; Yesterday at 08:37 PM.. Reason: Added csv