N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 02-02-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

Have some new promising VANOS logic for spool up I need some help testing with various hybrid turbos. If you have some time drop me an email!
Yes let me be the 1st few to test it 👍

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS DP n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#127)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2016, 02:56 PM

The new VANOS changes have been pretty promising for hybrid cars and are incorporated in to the posted MHD files right now. I've got another change I'm working on that may further help spool a bit. If any hybrid guys are bored and feel like logging it, just email me.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#128)
Old

Default 02-20-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
The new VANOS changes have been pretty promising for hybrid cars and are incorporated in to the posted MHD files right now. I've got another change I'm working on that may further help spool a bit. If any hybrid guys are bored and feel like logging it, just email me.
Hi T, can I load them & try out? I suppose it will help on the DCT too?

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#129)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2016, 03:14 PM

Since you are IJE0S DCT you have that issue with the race logic within MHD causing problems if DME BT goes over 1.28 bar. Did you work with Martial to fix that yet on your car?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#130)
Old

Default 02-20-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Since you are IJE0S DCT you have that issue with the race logic within MHD causing problems if DME BT goes over 1.28 bar. Did you work with Martial to fix that yet on your car?
No, I still have the file that you sent to me about 2weeks back since I was away for holiday. Just came back yesterday n saw your post thought something new to resolve the DCT issue. I will email Martial n chk it out thanks Terry!

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
(#131)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-07-2016, 09:06 AM

Hi Terry.
Just catching up with this as preparing to flash for a hybrid setup.
Is there a BMS MHD backend Hybrid Pump/race flash yet? I can't find it in the downloads in the other thread.
I can see the E85 flash but not a PUMP or RACE.

Cheers,

WM
(#132)
Old

Default 03-07-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windymissile
Hi Terry.
Just catching up with this as preparing to flash for a hybrid setup.
Is there a BMS MHD backend Hybrid Pump/race flash yet? I can't find it in the downloads in the other thread.
I can see the E85 flash but not a PUMP or RACE.

Cheers,

WM
Hi WM
Have you seen this thread?
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...ghlight=hybrid

N54 335i MT - Turbo Dynamics Stage 2's - BMS JB4 & MHD - Miltek Exhaust - VSRF DP's - VSRF Intercooler - BMS DCI's - BMS CP - Forge DV's - BMS Meth kit
(#133)
Old

Default 03-07-2016, 09:31 AM

Ha.
Yeah. Thanks. Thats this thread.

;-)

WM
(#134)
Old

Default 03-07-2016, 09:42 AM

I downloaded the latest flash files from here
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29236

But I don't see any file for "Hybrid Race" or "Hybrid pump" for IJE0S.
Maybe Terry hasn't put them out there yet. Just checking I'm in the right file.

WM
(#135)
Old

Default 03-07-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windymissile
I downloaded the latest flash files from here
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29236

But I don't see any file for "Hybrid Race" or "Hybrid pump" for IJE0S.
Maybe Terry hasn't put them out there yet. Just checking I'm in the right file.

WM
Terry has said before, when running hybrid stock frame turbos, just use the regular race or pump flashes if they fit your fuel needs. for 40% or greater mixtures consisting of e85 though, use the "hybrid e85" back end flash.

Current: 2008 e92 335i coupe.

Previous: 2003 Honda Accord V6 coupe: AEM V2, zex 75 wet shot (sold)
Past 1998 acura integra rs: jrsc @ 6 psi and bolt ons.
(#136)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2016, 09:58 AM

Correct.

I an planning to release hybrid specific RACE and PUMP back end flash maps in the coming weeks though.

Burger Motorsports

(#137)
Old

Default 03-07-2016, 10:12 AM

Thanks guys.
Will these maps be transmission specific like the latest MHD maps?
I hope to have my Hybrids in by the end of March.
Will definitely be going down the JB4 with MHD as I want to keep my meth setup.

WM
(#138)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2016, 10:15 AM

None of ours maps are transmission specific.

Burger Motorsports

(#139)
Old

Default 03-07-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Correct.

I an planning to release hybrid specific RACE and PUMP back end flash maps in the coming weeks though.
Looking forward to these!

Current: 2008 e92 335i coupe.

Previous: 2003 Honda Accord V6 coupe: AEM V2, zex 75 wet shot (sold)
Past 1998 acura integra rs: jrsc @ 6 psi and bolt ons.
(#140)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 03-07-2016, 10:29 AM

Me too WM. Turbos should be in hand this week. So I should be in the my garage this weekend and playing by next assuming I have the inlets and outlets sometime soon.

2007 335i 4dr JB4, Hexon RR600, Inlets, 4Bar, Index 12, Boost Concept Pump, DCI, FMIC, DP and full exhaust, Burger Meth, MHD BEF. Auto.
(#141)
Old

Default 03-07-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
None of ours maps are transmission specific.
Thanks for the quick reply, Terry.

Will there be a way to dial the torque in steadily for us AT guys?

And is there any chance you can do Euro versions of the maps? I really don't want to have to get my head around tunerpro...

Just to put a name to the forum username. You just shipped my 4 Bar and brake lines.

Cheers,

WM
(#142)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2016, 12:50 PM

You can always dial in whatever torque you want easily with the JB4. On the EU back end flash maps no plans to post those but you're welcome to port them over if you want.

Burger Motorsports

(#143)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E92
Default 03-07-2016, 03:48 PM

Terry, can you confirm that we no longer need to alter DB's if we have G5_ISO_32_2 uploaded? For example, I'll be able to set DB back to 0 with my Stg2 Pure Turbos w/ inlets.

Also, really looking to the hybrid specific BEF maps. Will those have the knock reduced style of stock knock tables? Just curious.
(#144)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2016, 04:00 PM

With hybrid turbos you still want to disable FF RPM gain and manually dial in dutybias. But generally speaking starting at 50 all across is a good place to be. Most larger hybrid turbos work well with that level base curve.

Burger Motorsports

(#145)
Old

Default 03-08-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
You can always dial in whatever torque you want easily with the JB4. On the EU back end flash maps no plans to post those but you're welcome to port them over if you want.
Any chance there will be a MHD "EU version" checkbox for selection during the upload process?

WM
(#146)
Old

Car: 2007 E90 335i
Default 03-08-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Correct.

Sweet.

2007 E90 335i 6AT - 580whp/550wtq
(#147)
Old

Car: 335i coupe N54
Default 03-11-2016, 12:42 AM

Quote:
With hybrid turbos you still want to disable FF RPM gain and manually dial in dutybias. But generally speaking starting at 50 all across is a good place to be. Most larger hybrid turbos work well with that level base curve.
Hi Terry

Just want to be absolutely sure on this. So my FF is currently locked, I go into user adjustments and manually select 50 for each rpm value across the board ?

Tx

2009 N54 335i coupe, 6AT PD trans, Stage 3 XHP, Built Motor, 9.6:1 Comp Ratio, Ported Head, Trebilia Custom Flash, JB4, Mhd flasher, Ngk 97506 0.018 gapped, PI Kit 100% E85, Jb4 PI integration, Stage 2 Pure Turbos 25.6psi, 17.2 deg timing, TFT inlets, Stage 3 Fuel-it Fpr, FBO, 431rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus

2016 M4 Competition Pack, 7-sp DCT, Jb4 Map 6
25.0 psi, s55 ign e85 Bef, E70, M4 plugs gapped 0.020, stock everything else, 374.9 rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus
(#148)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2016, 08:39 AM

If you are already tuned, then don't change anything. This is for people starting from scratch.

Burger Motorsports

(#149)
Old

Car: 335i coupe N54
Default 03-12-2016, 08:21 AM

Ok tx Terry

2009 N54 335i coupe, 6AT PD trans, Stage 3 XHP, Built Motor, 9.6:1 Comp Ratio, Ported Head, Trebilia Custom Flash, JB4, Mhd flasher, Ngk 97506 0.018 gapped, PI Kit 100% E85, Jb4 PI integration, Stage 2 Pure Turbos 25.6psi, 17.2 deg timing, TFT inlets, Stage 3 Fuel-it Fpr, FBO, 431rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus

2016 M4 Competition Pack, 7-sp DCT, Jb4 Map 6
25.0 psi, s55 ign e85 Bef, E70, M4 plugs gapped 0.020, stock everything else, 374.9 rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus
(#150)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E92
Default 03-16-2016, 02:16 PM

Damn I need to get PI! Hybrid turbos are an awesome upgrade alone but there seems to be sooooo much more power to be utilized with better fueling.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Hybrid Race and Pump BEF maps! Let me know if you want to do some testing before the release via MHD - just PM me.